alternative to UDT

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
I use the stuff that Walmart sells. It's compatible and recommended by a few shops. It's not "Cheap"... but it's less than the Kubota stuff, and covenant to get.

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
I guess I drink the Kubota Koolaid and stay with the SuperUDT+. More money but compared to the cost of the equipment I feel better. I just bite the bullet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Has anyone found a good alternative oil for Kubota UDT?
Like Sax said.....the alternate oil would be S-UDT2!

Look at the total cost of the entire process, if buying 5 gallons .....whats the difference in price? 30 bucks? 50 Bucks? Like talking about synthetic oils.....the cost really is not the prohibiting factor when all the hours are added up! ;):)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I know the big K dont make their own oils, but I also use the S-UDT2 does it cost more ,,yes it does,, just a little piece of mind and I know it works, other stuff may or may not be as good or better then, I don;t know so I stick with what I know works

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Mystik JT5 is an excellent alternative (UDT compiant) fluid.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It all depends on the level of protection you want. If you to live on the edge and hope nothing goes wrong go to wally world or tsc. The junk they sell will work but not as good.

Somewhere in the same protection range the mystick is a good choice.

If you want the highest level of protection on the market use Amsoil.

Kind of like hamburgers. You can get junk patties made from scraps, store bought meat full of filler, or home grown beef off the farm. They'll all make a turd but one is obviously the better choice.

Gillybob

Equipment
tractor and loader
Jul 20, 2017
Greenville SC
I am looking for an oil that meets the same spec as UDT. All of these oils must be graded by SAE or API. I just can't find the spec for UDT.

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
SUDT is supposed to be quieter, better, than UDT in hydro trannys. I haven't tried a comparison. Sort of like the difference between Delo and a full syn for the motor. Pick your poison, there are yards of this discussion on forums.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Kind of like hamburgers................. They'll all make a turd but one is obviously the better choice.
Bulldog - -

Had to wipe the coffee off my computer!!:D:p:eek:

Thanks, needed that!:cool:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Bulldog - -

Had to wipe the coffee off my computer!!:D:p:eek:

Thanks, needed that!:cool:
Sorry buddy, I used to hear that from my dad every one in a while when we were working on stuff together. Always got his point across pretty well.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Sorry buddy, I used to hear that from my dad every one in a while when we were working on stuff together. Always got his point across pretty well.
That's funny right there, and I might use it! Never heard that one.

When referring to someone lacking common sense, my dad and grandfather both used to say - "He couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the directions were on the heel". :p

As a youngster, I could never figure out he got piss in his boot in the first place:confused:.....until I got too close once bedding down cows..:eek:....

I didn't need to look for directions...!!:cool:

I used that line from my ancestors last week. Should have seen the look on my secretary's face!:eek::confused:

Last edited:

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
A friend gave me a new gallon of Lucas oil brand universal tractor hyd fluid and it says it's compatable with kubota UDT.

OrangeColoredTractor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2017 L2501 4WD HST
May 10, 2017
Washington
I guess I drink the Kubota Koolaid and stay with the SuperUDT+. More money but compared to the cost of the equipment I feel better. I just bite the bullet
OE Kubota UDT, it doesnt just fit, it matches--Chuck Yeager, Test Pilot.

I love factory equipment parts. ;)

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
Back in 2007 when I did the 50 hour service on my L3830HST I took the old UDT I had drained from the tractor and put in a logsplitter. The splitter had always had a loud hydraulic pump that whined constantly. After I drained the Wally World universal hydraulic oil out and replaced with the used UDT the noise stopped. I learned by that experiment, accidental as it was, there is a difference and UDT is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk