All the snow is cleaned up now and look what I see

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Havent seen a deer or turkey track around the feeder since it snowed so much, but the blue jays sure are eatin good,,lol

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Well I have all the snow cleaned up ready for the next round to come this week and was sitting at the dining room table and took these pictures out the window. This snow sure has been hard on the deer and turkey.
Hey there Tailrotor,
I used to live deep in the Santa Cruz Mountains. A guy near me had a feeder like that and he also had a 30-30 sitting next to the front door.

Scott

Tailrotor

Equipment
KUBOTA L45 AND BX2230
Feb 13, 2010
PA
Hey there Tailrotor,
I used to live deep in the Santa Cruz Mountains. A guy near me had a feeder like that and he also had a 30-30 sitting next to the front door.

Scott
Hey , Traildust

My wife would shoot me first. She loves to sit and watch the wildlife out the window. I hunt on down in the woods that you see about a 1/4 mile. That way I don't bother her feeder. You should see the squirrels sometimes there can be 20 - 25 at the feeder at one time.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Oh man that's so nice to see. Love that stuff. I was never a hunter but always enjoyed seeing the wildlife around. we have a Hugh moose problem here in Newfoundland and it's so bad the island is called the most dangerous place on earth to drive but there still nice to see. Great photo's. Thanks for posting. :)

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hey , Traildust

My wife would shoot me first. She loves to sit and watch the wildlife out the window. I hunt on down in the woods that you see about a 1/4 mile. That way I don't bother her feeder. You should see the squirrels sometimes there can be 20 - 25 at the feeder at one time.
Hi Tailrotor,
I hear ya with the wife shooting first..HA! That's pretty cool you have an area within a 1/4 mile for some wildlife management.
Over here I have a VERY bad problem with ground squirrels and they are extremely distructive. There favorite thing is to climb in a cars engine compartment and chew up all of the wires. If one of my dogs catches sight of them jumping in the engine area the dog will destroy everything trying to get at the squirrel. I have a Toyota pick-up that I had to replace most of the wire harness because of that.
I trap them and also on a nice slow day I get the 22 out and wait. But there numbers grow every year along with there destruction.

We have a Hugh moose problem here in Newfoundland and it's so bad the island is called the most dangerous place on earth to drive...
OMG! I couldn't even imagine driving into a moose :eek:

I smashed into a buck once during the rut and it totally trashed the front end of my toyota. But man, hitting a moose!

Scott

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
Heading from the ferry at Port-au-Basque NL towards St Johns there was a sign indicating the number of moose/car collisions so far that year. It's a serious matter.
You can check out the reality series "Mythbusters" (discovery channel) on their website - they have actual crashes with a 'moose simulant' in one episode on Alaska. The carnage is amazing.

Irony is, these mooses (meeses?) were transplanted from Labrador many years ago - maybe should have left them there. They are totally fearless, they figure anything smaller then them ( which includes most cars ) ought to be afraid of them and if it does not back off they will charge it.

Wildfire

Equipment
Living here in Newfoundland one gets used to seeing moose and moose accidents. I seldom drive on the open highway at night. This time of the year you'll get the moose coming out to the side of the road licking the road salt. I've seen 1200 lbs moose on top of cars and even inside of them. You don't have much of a chance when dealing with these big animals. If you visit Newfoundland be very careful while driving on our roads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSuztNKFbTU

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Living here in Newfoundland one gets used to seeing moose and moose accidents. I seldom drive on the open highway at night. This time of the year you'll get the moose coming out to the side of the road licking the road salt. I've seen 1200 lbs moose on top of cars and even inside of them. You don't have much of a chance when dealing with these big animals. If you visit Newfoundland be very careful while driving on our roads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSuztNKFbTU
That is the craziest video I have seen. It's real and very sad but at the same time it's almost like a Saturday Night Live skit.

Paul, don't be driving around with the flu and don't be that guy in this car...

Scott

Last edited:

Wildfire

Equipment
That is the craziest video I have seen. It's real and very sad but at the same time it's almost like a Saturday Night Live skit.

Paul, don't be driving around with the flu and don't be that guy in this car...

Scott
I've been closer to them than in that image. I've been that close to them as they walked down the side of the road I could roll down my window and touch them. I've also looked out my window and seen two or three of them on my lawn.

I've seen them hit on the road and have there hind ends broken and still try and get themselves off the road. It's sad all the way around. Folks dieing because of these Hugh animals and some folks crippled by them as well. Those buggers can go fast as well and you won't see them until there on top of the vehicle.

My wife and I were returning from the city one evening when I just caught one in the corner of my eye. I managed to hit the brakes and due to some fancy steering I avoided three of them but when I got out of the car my knees had turned to rubber and I couldn't stand up. To say I got a fright was an understatement :eek:

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I've been closer to them than in that image. I've been that close to them as they walked down the side of the road I could roll down my window and touch them. I've also looked out my window and seen two or three of them on my lawn.

I've seen them hit on the road and have there hind ends broken and still try and get themselves off the road. It's sad all the way around. Folks dieing because of these Hugh animals and some folks crippled by them as well. Those buggers can go fast as well and you won't see them until there on top of the vehicle.

My wife and I were returning from the city one evening when I just caught one in the corner of my eye. I managed to hit the brakes and due to some fancy steering I avoided three of them but when I got out of the car my knees had turned to rubber and I couldn't stand up. To say I got a fright was an understatement :eek:
OMG! After reading that it's a hard to understand when they say they can't justify the cost to do something! It's a horrible thing for the people and animals. Are you allowed to carry a gun to put one down when you see it suffering like you did? I know it's a stupid question but that's just not right.

I don't think just mowing the brush back a little on the side of the road is gonna to $h!t. Just that alone is a pretty good cost and they could have used the funding in a better way.

People are being killed and they are only mowing the grass :eek:

Scott

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Beautiful pics I have to learn how to do that .Yes wildlife is beautiful. Thanks for posting them. handy