Alec Baldwin facing prison and shouldnt be.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I'm not a Baldwin fan but clearly there are enough doubts for the prosecution to drop the charges. The charge was involuntary manslaughter by the way.

How about those situations where people kill someone by accident and blame it on the firearms manufacturer? Why aren't they charged with involuntary manslaughter.
Why aren't people who create all manner of crimes not be charged all over the country? Our system is flawed at times. People make the decisions.

Last edited:

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I'd like to see more information on how, where and who "modified" that firearm.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It seems the water got 'muddy' with the krap about the gun being 'modified', which does NOT abosolve Mr. B that he pointed a gun at someone, pulled the trigger and killed her.

as for the 'defective gun' BS, I'd like to see the report where an expert ( in that make/model of gun) loaded 500 rounds of IDENTICAL lethal bullets and the gun 'magically' fired with him just HOLDING the gun.
You keep saying that Baldwin pulled the trigger and yet it has been shown that the revolver in question had been modified such that the hammer could strike a primer without the trigger being pulled. You don't know if Baldwin pulled the trigger or not so why do you keep saying that he did? Clearly the DA thinks there's enough doubt about what happened, but what do they know right?

And now the latest evidence about the revolver is BS. Really? So the DA dropped the charges based on what exactly? Rock, paper, scissors perhaps? Or could it be that they had an expert evaluate the revolver that Baldwin was given. Yeah, I think I'll defer to the DAs and their expert here rather than someone who calls ammunition "bullets".

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
So the DA dropped the charges based on what exactly? Rock, paper, scissors perhaps?
I think you may have something there with the Rock, paper, scissors. :D.

Just because the gun could have fired without pulling the trigger doesn't mean he didn't pull the trigger. There is no video of the event.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
You keep saying that Baldwin pulled the trigger and yet it has been shown that the revolver in question had been modified such that the hammer could strike a primer without the trigger being pulled. You don't know if Baldwin pulled the trigger or not so why do you keep saying that he did? Clearly the DA thinks there's enough doubt about what happened, but what do they know right?

And now the latest evidence about the revolver is BS. Really? So the DA dropped the charges based on what exactly? Rock, paper, scissors perhaps? Or could it be that they had an expert evaluate the revolver that Baldwin was given. Yeah, I think I'll defer to the DAs and their expert here rather than someone who calls ammunition "bullets".
Baldwin's case is not necessarily over. The Prosecutors filed a nolle prosequi dismissing without prejudice.

The new 'facts or evidence' can not be investigated or forensics done before May 3rd (the date set for preliminary hearing, not enough time. So nolle prosequi was filed. But the case remains active and ongoing.

Which means Baldwin is not absolved of any criminal culpability and charges can be refiled (however unlikely).

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Well whether he did or did not pull the trigger ,he had the gun in his hand, he pointed it at the girl and she was killed. EVERYONE who has had even the most BASIC gun training course KNOWS you do NOT point a gun at anyone. Mr. B could not hold any gun in any movie 'stage lot' without having passed a 'basic firearms safety course'.
As for the 'modified BS', let's see the actual report without redaction. It'll show names, dates, type of tests performed, pictures of course,both of unmodified and modified', number of tests, bullet types, etc. Haven't seen any of that or even why the 'modification' was made (or by whom). The firearm as built and sold by the mfr should not have needed any modification to fire blanks.
Oh BTW, anyone know WHY lethal rounds were on the set ? Who brought them? Who loaded the gun with them ??

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Jay, there are some things that tend to not be discussed by news media. I think this will be without coverage much like that break in at Paul Palosi's house with initial conflicting police reports and picture of the broken glass laying on the outside of the residence. Deflect the story for a while, find something else to focus on and soon folks seem to not care.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Baldwin's case is not necessarily over. The Prosecutors filed a nolle prosequi dismissing without prejudice.

The new 'facts or evidence' can not be investigated or forensics done before May 3rd (the date set for preliminary hearing, not enough time. So nolle prosequi was filed. But the case remains active and ongoing.

Which means Baldwin is not absolved of any criminal culpability and charges can be refiled (however unlikely).
Yes, but it's highly unlikely at this point that new charges will be filed.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Oh BTW, anyone know WHY lethal rounds were on the set ? Who brought them? Who loaded the gun with them ??
Perhaps the trial of Ms. Reed will shed some light on how live ammunition got into the revolver. She has stated that she has no idea as to how a live round was in at least one of the chambers. Since she was paid to take care of the firearms and ammunition on set it is absolutely her responsibility to check all firearms prior to use, regardless of what anyone else directs her to do or not to do. She is absolutely the one who should be prosecuted in this case and it's good that charges against her are still pending.

We've seen a few plane/flight analogies, and in this case, Ms. Reed was the pilot and Baldwin was the flight attendant. I'll have to pay more attention when travelling and watch out for the next time I see a flight attendant walking around the tarmac kicking tires, looking at landing gear, checking flaps and such.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Yes, but it's highly unlikely at this point that new charges will be filed.
That is why I said "however unlikely". ;)

It is important for all to understand why (and under what circumstances) the charges were dropped. It was NOT because prosecution doesn't have a case or has in any way absolved Baldwin of culpability, they just can't do anything with the new information in time for the preliminary hearing. Filing nolle prosequi leaves the door open.

I would agree however (all things considered) that 'criminal charges' were always a bit of a stretch.

Negligence (to some degree) and a Civil Suit were certainties from the beginning.