Alec Baldwin facing prison and shouldnt be.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
so....
you and your loving wife of 35 years, come out of a restaurant and two guys approach, 'A' with a gun, 'B'...nothing. 'Gimme your wallet and rings' type robbery. You're kinda slow, so "A' gives 'B' the gun, 'A' yells at you to 'give me the money,NOW'.... somehow the gun goes off, kills your wife of 35 years.....

Is' B' innocent ?
When A gave B the gun, did B say PAUSE and check to make sure a round was chambered? And they were live rounds?

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
BEHIND THE SCENES on a John Wayne movie set during the filming of Rio Lobo, including gun handling, pointing guns at other people, guns being handed to actors etc. Never saw any actors clearing the guns or protesting about pointing them at people.

At 2:02 John Wayne hands off a lever action Rifle to an actor who never clears the rifle: At 3:50 that same actor playing around messing with the hammer and trigger and pointing at crew.

Nobody died and nobody went to jail.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I don't think anyone really died in any of the John Wick movies and that was a lot of gun play!
Yep...a LOT!

Keanu Reeves took his gun handling seriously though. And trained in '3 gun' to prepare himself.

He's pretty darn good. Picked up some serious Martial Arts Training along the way too.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
so....
you and your loving wife of 35 years, come out of a restaurant and two guys approach, 'A' with a gun, 'B'...nothing. 'Gimme your wallet and rings' type robbery. You're kinda slow, so "A' gives 'B' the gun, 'A' yells at you to 'give me the money,NOW'.... somehow the gun goes off, kills your wife of 35 years.....

Is' B' innocent ?
Nope.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
OK…here’s a video… Did anyone “clear” their gun..??

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
An interesting analysis that raises as many questions as it answers. Baldwin's statement implies that he was handed the revolver a number of times that day, so he didn't check the revolver on the last occasion or possibly other occasions because he was told that it's a "cold gun". He was asked "do you want to check it?" and not told by the armorer "to check it" or by the director, or assistant director. If it was policy on set for all actors to check firearms after being handed a firearm then multiple voices should have spoken up, including the armorer. Also, there was no expectation on Baldwin's part that a live round was in the revolver, or even blanks for that matter. This will no doubt be part of the defense's argument.

Nate The Lawyer's point that if you were on a gun range and someone handed you a firearm is a strawman argument because we don't walk around with paid armorers whose responsibility is the safety of everyone when it comes to firearms or other weapons. In that situation we alone are responsible.

We can go around and around all day, but February 24th is the start of the trial so we'll know soon enough, assuming that there isn't a plea deal before that.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
As expected, all charges against Baldwin have been dropped. The ridiculous "gun enhancement" charges were dropped back in February which was an easy win for the defense. There were other irregular and incompetent decisions made in this case, for example, the whole special prosecutor debacle with Andrea Reeb, who's a member of the New Mexico House of Representatives.

"Andrea Reeb wrote in emails sent to the Santa Fe district attorney last fall, and acquired by the New York Times, that she believed working on the case could help her electoral campaign."

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Well HE's still GUILTY in my book ! HE didn't 'check the weapon' AND HE pulled the trigger so HE killed the girl. It'd be nice IF this went to a REAL court of law. If it did, he'd be convicted and in jail.

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Manslaughter is manslaughter even if you are a high profile political supporter. Not that it's a surprise, that there are two systems of justice.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Trust me if it was you or me,, we would have a visit to the gray bar hotel !
I just wonder how much the pay off was?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Manslaughter is manslaughter even if you are a high profile political supporter. Not that it's a surprise, that there are two systems of justice.
wasn’t it just a couple weeks ago “no one was above the law” 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
... AND HE pulled the trigger so HE killed the girl.
Did he?

" The special prosecutors' decision to drop the charges against Alec Baldwin over the fatal on-set "Rust" shooting was made, at least in part, because investigators found the gun that fired to be mechanically improper, a source familiar with the matter told ABC News. It became evident to prosecutors the gun could fire without pressure on the trigger, according to the source."

The armorer is still facing charges as she should. I've said all along that this was her responsibility.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Yes, he pointed the gun toward a person. The scene didn't require it and from what other actors have said, guns aren't usually pointed at persons because they don't have to be.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yes, he pointed the gun toward a person. The scene didn't require it and from what other actors have said, guns aren't usually pointed at persons because they don't have to be.
My response was to @GreensvilleJay with his comment that Baldwin pulled the trigger. Maybe he didn't based on new evidence. I'm not a Baldwin fan but clearly there are enough doubts for the prosecution to drop the charges. The charge was involuntary manslaughter by the way.

How about those situations where people kill someone by accident and blame it on the firearms manufacturer? Why aren't they charged with involuntary manslaughter. They were pointing the firearm at someone when the bullet left the muzzle. Aren't they responsible since the expectation is that the firearm is loaded with live ammunition. Regardless of whether the trigger was defective or not, the person pointed the muzzle at someone else. Baldwin never believed the revolver to have live ammunition in any of the chambers.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Baldwin never believed the revolver to have live ammunition in any of the chambers.

He also didn't KNOW there were bullets IN the gun ! He NEVER 'checked the weapon', something everyone that was taught BASIC, MINIMAL firearms safety. Same as you do NOT point ANY weapon at someone, unless you intend to KILL them.

It seems the water got 'muddy' with the krap about the gun being 'modified', which does NOT abosolve Mr. B that he pointed a gun at someone, pulled the trigger and killed her. Anyone think that 'muddy water' would play out if YOU got kind drunk and killed someone with your car ? gee judge I didn't think I was that Vodka was booze, it didn't taste like it.....

as for the 'defective gun' BS, I'd like to see the report where an expert ( in that make/model of gun) loaded 500 rounds of IDENTICAL lethal bullets and the gun 'magically' fired with him just HOLDING the gun.