Alec Baldwin facing prison and shouldnt be.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Baldwin has always been full of himself! In 2011 he was removed from a flight because he gets things his way or else. Someone said, "Baldwin is a skid mark on the boxers of humanity."

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Everyone here should read the actual indictment.
Very correctly lays the blame where it belongs.
Alec Baldwin !
" Assistant director David Halls, who handed Baldwin the gun, has signed an agreement to plead guilty to negligent use of a deadly weapon, the district attorney’s office said. "

So Baldwin is to blame despite the failings of the on-set armorer, assistant director who handed Baldwin the revolver, and the Director who was also shot? Read the paragraph below from the Probable Cause statement which is not an indictment. If capable, extrapolate the implications of the locations of the various live rounds found on the set. They weren't all found in the revolver used to shoot Ms. Hutchins. This implies that there was possibly only one live round in the revolver, and how was Baldwin to know that any live rounds were in the revolver. I've often assembled rounds without powder or a functional primer in order to run drills.

I don't understand the reference to "fired projectile". The fired bullet ended up lodged in Joel Souza so what was the projectile that's referred to in the Probable Cause statement?

‘The FBI lab determined that the five (5) suspected live rounds recovered at the scene of the shooting were indeed ‘live’ rounds, each possessing an unfired primer, powder, and bullet as part of the cartridge. These five rounds were found by detectives and crime scene technicians while processing the scene. The five (5) unfired rounds were found in the following locations: One (1) from SFSO Lt. Benavidez” patrol vehicle (that he had seized from REED upon his arrival) two (2) from the top of the ‘armorer’s’ cart (including the one [1] spent live round casing), one (1) from a bandolier on the cart, one (1) from BALDWIN'S holster located inside the church, one (1) from an ammunition box located on the armorer's cart, Along with the casing and fired projectile, there were a total o six (6) 45 “live” rounds that were discovered in various locations on the RUST set.

Sadly this whole thing has been politicized since Baldwin is an anti-gun liberal and many see this case an opportunity for grand standing.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: So Baldwin is to blame despite the failings of the on-set armorer, assistant director who handed Baldwin the revolver, and the Director who was also shot?

YES, since he, Baldwin did not inspect the revolver and CONFIRM it wasn't loaded with real bullets. A process that most people agree HE should have done.

re: how was Baldwin to know that any live rounds were in the revolver.
SIMPLE, EASY to do, HE has to INSPECT the weapon. Everyone that will be in posession of a weapon HAS to have been TRAINED on it, gone to the 'safety' meetings, whatever you want to call it.
Everyone trained would KNOW if there was a live round in it.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Baldwin has always been full of himself! In 2011 he was removed from a flight because he gets things his way or else. Someone said, "Baldwin is a skid mark on the boxers of humanity."

Hes an anti-gun nut libturd but that doesnt mean he should be punished with jail because of someone elses incompetance

Reactions: 1 user

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Everyone here should read the actual indictment.
Very correctly lays the blame where it belongs.
Alec Baldwin !
I read it. It seems to outline all the ways the crew didnt follow normal protocols and industry established safety procedures. If every detail outlined is true then the crew didnt take safety seriously on set and they want to blame Baldwin because hes a "producer" but most importantly, his big name will be good for all the lawyers working to prosecute and defend. A win-win for the lawyers

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I read it. It seems to outline all the ways the crew didnt follow normal protocols and industry established safety procedures. If every detail outlined is true then the crew didnt take safety seriously on set and they want to blame Baldwin because hes a "producer" but most importantly, his big name will be good for all the lawyers working to prosecute and defend. A win-win for the lawyers
Alec Baldwin certainly lacks the character of Harry Truman....
"The buck stops here"

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Baldwin knew the firearm was real and that is was being used as a prop (for authenticity's sake). Else, there would be no need for an armorer on the set. I find your argument quite circular.

I hope Baldwin's attorney can come up with a better defense than "He's an actor, lives in a pretend world, didn't know he was actually handling a real firearm....or in his mind, didn't think it was".
You and I don’t know what was in Baldwin’s mind…. other than his thinking how to look very realistic as he pulled that SAA from the holster and present it to the camera.

I believe that if he’d thought of it as a firearm instead of a movie-prop he’d have behaved differently. …and THAT is his Big Failing!

I’m not allowing My personal opinion of Baldwin to influence how I view this at present.

(I wonder if the detectives checked to see WHOSE DNA was on those live rounds…??)

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
re: So Baldwin is to blame despite the failings of the on-set armorer, assistant director who handed Baldwin the revolver, and the Director who was also shot?

YES, since he, Baldwin did not inspect the revolver and CONFIRM it wasn't loaded with real bullets. A process that most people agree HE should have done.

re: how was Baldwin to know that any live rounds were in the revolver.
SIMPLE, EASY to do, HE has to INSPECT the weapon. Everyone that will be in posession of a weapon HAS to have been TRAINED on it, gone to the 'safety' meetings, whatever you want to call it.
Everyone trained would KNOW if there was a live round in it.
What's the point of having an on-set armorer then? Just leave it to the actors to do all the checking.

I can guarantee that I could assemble a round for you that you would believe to be inert but it would be live. No doubt about that.

As for "most people agree". First off, where's your proof of that? And second, who gives a rats about most people? Billions believe in fairy tales related to religion so quantity has never been a standard by which the validity of anything is substantiated. How many things have the majority been wrong about in the past?

This whole discussion is becoming pointless. We're all entrenched in our beliefs and nothing we say will convince others of anything different.

I wish Baldwin all the best and thank goodness none of the "experts" on this forum will be on the jury.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
I'll assume the point of having an on set armourer is to ensure that all the weapons( guns,knives, swords, etc.) are properly stored and functional (for their intended use) and accounted for.

as for the 'most people', OK, I'll rephrase it to 'most people who have guns or use guns '........
For sure every one who has had a 'gun training safety course' KNOWS to ALWAYS check the weapon.....

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'll assume the point of having an on set armourer is to ensure that all the weapons( guns,knives, swords, etc.) are properly stored and functional (for their intended use) and accounted for.

as for the 'most people', OK, I'll rephrase it to 'most people who have guns or use guns '........
For sure every one who has had a 'gun training safety course' KNOWS to ALWAYS check the weapon.....
I'll add one more!
Everyone who handles REAL guns, ANYWHERE, should have gun safety training.
Baldwin, very obviously...DID NOT have any gun safety training!
Put me on the jury.........HE was the actor, HE pulled the trigger, HE was the producer, HE IS RESPONSIBLE !!!

Last edited:

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
The solution to this quandary is quite simple: we weigh Alec.

If he weighs less than a duck then we burn him.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I for one, would never point a weapon directly at another person, see my post #5. I had that much sense as a child. I would make an exception for someone that is a real threat to me. Anyone that takes a job in the entertainment industry that requires pointing weapons at other actors needs to find a different line of work. With all the technology available to the producers, I am sure that aiming at other actors could be faked.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
I'm wondering if the guy is sooooo ANTI_GUN, why is he actually HOLDING one,let alone firing one off ??

Kinda like the PETA folk who wear leather belts and coats.....
Tree huggers who have 2by4 walls and plywood roofs.....
Anti fossilfools who jet around....

Reactions: 3 users

Oil pan 4

Equipment
L185 turbo
Sep 21, 2017
NM
I for one, would never point a weapon directly at another person, see my post #5. I had that much sense as a child. I would make an exception for someone that is a real threat to me. Anyone that takes a job in the entertainment industry that requires pointing weapons at other actors needs to find a different line of work. With all the technology available to the producers, I am sure that aiming at other actors could be faked.
The technology mostly used is called editing.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't think anyone really died in any of the John Wick movies and that was a lot of gun play!

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I agree….lets take trip down memory lane…I don’t remember reading about chuck connors or James Arness or the duke having troubles…they made pretty good flicks…somehow it was managed then. I’d say somebody has some explaining to do about Rust.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
so....
you and your loving wife of 35 years, come out of a restaurant and two guys approach, 'A' with a gun, 'B'...nothing. 'Gimme your wallet and rings' type robbery. You're kinda slow, so "A' gives 'B' the gun, 'A' yells at you to 'give me the money,NOW'.... somehow the gun goes off, kills your wife of 35 years.....

Is' B' innocent ?

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
so....
you and your loving wife of 35 years, come out of a restaurant and two guys approach, 'A' with a gun, 'B'...nothing. 'Gimme your wallet and rings' type robbery. You're kinda slow, so "A' gives 'B' the gun, 'A' yells at you to 'give me the money,NOW'.... somehow the gun goes off, kills your wife of 35 years.....

Is' B' innocent ?
Too complicated for me!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

Read the function of an armorer that I posted earlier as described in the rules of the AMPTP. The second bullet, no pun intended, states "Firearms must be checked before and after each take". This is the job of the armorer. If the armorer had done her job this wouldn't have happened. The standard rules of firearms safety that many of us know and follow are not expected since the job of the armorer is to ensure the safety of all with anything firearm or weapon related.

In some areas the weapons master must be a licensed armourer when firearms are used as props.[2]
As of 1993, when Brandon Lee was killed by a gun believed to be loaded with blanks, the rules of the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers required:[3]

• Someone certified for the weapon in use be present at all times
  • Firearms must be checked before and after each take
  • Firearms must be cleaned daily
  • Firearms must be stored securely by the props master when not in use
  • Loaded guns must never be pointed at anyone
  • Protective clothing must be worn by everyone nearby when blanks are fired
  • If firearms are to be fired directly at the camera, a plexiglass shield must be erected
  • Only the person certified for the weapon or someone under their direct supervision may hand a weapon to an actor