Adding mirrors so I don't have to turn in my seat!

Frankb

Equipment
Kubota B2601, FEL, Backhoe, Belly Mower, Grapple, Rear Scrape Blade
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
My mirrors have been working perfectly since mounting. I have accidentally walked into my mirrors a couple times and they moved out of the way without hurting me or the mounting. I am thankful for that. If anything was to happen to these mirrors, I would absolutely buy two more just like these to replace. Very happy with mine

Reactions: 1 user

Mossy dell

Equipment
B2601 (2021) JD970 (1998) B2100 (1991) B6100E (1988)
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
I'll probably end up installing mirrors like yours, Frank. Can't get my head around spending the time right now, and I need mirrors! If these hold up for even two seasons, heck maybe just the rest of this one, I am way ahead on ease of tractor use. So nice to be able to use them. I just ran to the store for fuel and could so easily see if a car was behind me. Plus backing out of the garage with it feels more natural and certainly safer. Rearview mirrors are an ingrained habit and for good reason.

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I'll probably end up installing mirrors like yours, Frank. Can't get my head around spending the time right now, and I need mirrors! If these hold up for even two seasons, heck maybe just the rest of this one, I am way ahead on ease of tractor use. So nice to be able to use them. I just ran to the store for fuel and could so easily see if a car was behind me. Plus backing out of the garage with it feels more natural and certainly safer. Rearview mirrors are an ingrained habit and for good reason.
I can't imagine being without these mirrors now. I had to go on our road and even though it is a private road, the neighbors run up and down rather fast and I can't hear them coming over the tractor noise, and I feel much safer knowing who is coming up behind me when I am on that road! Good luck with your mirrors!

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
I bought the mirrors suggested but mounted them lower so the top is the same as the top of the tower. I ended up using the welding mini clips suggested in another thread to avoid drilling.

Working great so far and very helpful addition. Thanks all

Reactions: 1 users

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I bought the mirrors suggested but mounted them lower so the top is the same as the top of the tower. I ended up using the welding mini clips suggested in another thread to avoid drilling.

PICTURES!

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC

I did not have to drill any holes in tractor at all. I used the existing holes in the towers with large heavy washers so I can tighten them without deforming the washers in the large holes. Nothing has come loose yet and I have been doing a lot of digging and grapple work and shaking the tractor.
Best of luck with the mounts!

bbxlr8

Equipment
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
I did not have to drill any holes in tractor at all. I used the existing holes in the towers with large heavy washers so I can tighten them without deforming the washers in the large holes. Nothing has come loose yet and I have been doing a lot of digging and grapple work and shaking the tractor.
Best of luck with the mounts!

Agreed on the pics being worth 1000 words - took some now. ;)

So, I have the LA525 which does not have ANY factory holes that are close to being useful.

I used a cut-down bike innertube to 1) prevent movement or walk & 2) allow me to really crank down on the clips. Because of the welds and the thickness, I had to put them narrower than @ full top & bottom but still gain the height. I then ended up grinding down a bit of the lip on the inner part of the mirror mount about a 1/8"+ or so to get it just right. My mirrors were actually too stiff out of the box, so I used some silicone and worked them a bit to get the right firmness of adjustability. There is a nut/bolt on the bottom.

Overall, it's a very cheap and useful mod IMO

Mirror 1.jpg
mirror 2.jpg

Last edited:

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
Looks good bbxlr8. If you ever have to raise the mirrors, I think you have enough of that tower that you can add a length of 1" angle iron to the outside of the tower, and clamp it where your clamp is now and once again a couple inches just below that clamp. That will give you height if needed. I was fortunate that my towers had the two large holes at the top of the towers. I said I used washers, but in fact used a couple pieces of cut flat stock with holes drilled the exact size I needed only after concaving two of the larger fender washers. They worked, but I was not happy looking at bent washers so went through the trouble of cutting, grinding, drilling and painting the two square washers I made. It made me happier doing it that way. But then again I can sometimes go too far with some things...LOL
Nice job!

bbxlr8

Equipment
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
Looks good bbxlr8. If you ever have to raise the mirrors, I think you have enough of that tower that you can add a length of 1" angle iron to the outside of the tower, and clamp it where your clamp is now and once again a couple inches just below that clamp. That will give you height if needed. I was fortunate that my towers had the two large holes at the top of the towers. I said I used washers, but in fact used a couple pieces of cut flat stock with holes drilled the exact size I needed only after concaving two of the larger fender washers. They worked, but I was not happy looking at bent washers so went through the trouble of cutting, grinding, drilling and painting the two square washers I made. It made me happier doing it that way. But then again I can sometimes go too far with some things...LOL
Nice job!
That is a good idea. I was trying to work out what to do if I wanted them higher and I appreciate it.

Right now they are not too obtrusive and show me the left and right fields from the tire contact patch up. I feel you about working to "get it right"!

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
That is a good idea. I was trying to work out what to do if I wanted them higher and I appreciate it.

Right now they are not too obtrusive and show me the left and right fields from the tire contact patch up. I feel you about working to "get it right"!
Look back at post #17. It shows where I used flat stock and switched over to the narrow angle iron stock. Much more stable and no wiggling of mirrors. angle stock came from Lowes. I bought a 3' length and cut what I needed, cleaned and sanded before painting.
A 3' length cut in half will get you above the tower more than enough to let you look in mirrors comfortably.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
I have spent a bunch of time this week with my MX-6000 and a seven foot rotary mower mowing around fields and traveling on the roads to other farms and pastures. I need to get some mirrors mounted. A lot of good ideas in this thread.

Rolonn

Equipment
L2501H, QH15, RCR1260, BB1260
Sep 22, 2021
Nunya, WA

I see the welding mini clips in your pictures, but I can't find them online or the other forum you reference. Where did you get them? I'm picking up an L2501 later this week and want to put mirrors on ASAP since I have young children.

bbxlr8

Equipment
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
I see the welding mini clips in your pictures, but I can't find them online or the other forum you reference. Where did you get them? I'm picking up an L2501 later this week and want to put mirrors on ASAP since I have young children.
Sure thing :)
Here is the amazon link - they were hard to find. I tried HF & local welding stores before ordering these as they are pretty pricy for what they are. But they are unusual and fit the job at hand very well

Clips: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZA5C7Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mirrors I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A1AC46M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(on sale now)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Use two magnets like these on each mirror. Works fine. I've had them on my mirrors for two years and they stay on fine.

joearizona

Equipment
B2650 W/LA534 Loader & BB1260 Box Scraper, 48" Pallet forks, 72" Rake
Apr 24, 2019
Hidden Valley, Arizona
I do have mirrors on my B2650 But also a remote rear camera. the 7" monitor is waterproof and it Shure makes it easy to back into your implements back up 3.jpg Camera 1A.jpg 20200510_131410.jpg back up 3.jpg Camera 1A.jpg 20200510_131410.jpg without turning around.

joearizona

Equipment
B2650 W/LA534 Loader & BB1260 Box Scraper, 48" Pallet forks, 72" Rake
Apr 24, 2019
Hidden Valley, Arizona
Do you have details for your camera/ monitor
I got the unit on Amazon, its a Yakry model Y34HD and it cost $190.81 I have been using it for about 4 weeks now and it is sure nice. and the monitor is water proof so I don't have to remove it when I'm not using the tractor. i wired it into the ignition so it come on when the tractor starts. and the camera is wired into the 12VDC port next to the seat.

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
Are those mirrors or sails?