Adding led lights to 9540

steve3393

Equipment
M9540, KX080 , 1100c rtv
Feb 25, 2015
BUFFALO NY
Can anyone help, i have a M9540 and am looking for lots more light for snowplowing . What is best lights to put on and what is the best way to add them to the tractor. replace existing front and rear lights with high performance led, or add light bar ? What is best brand to install, i live in buffalo area, very cold and must be water proof and very durable. thx

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Can anyone help, i have a M9540 and am looking for lots more light for snowplowing . What is best lights to put on and what is the best way to add them to the tractor. replace existing front and rear lights with high performance led, or add light bar ? What is best brand to install, i live in buffalo area, very cold and must be water proof and very durable. thx
Steve,

for the price of the lights and the light that is provided - this is a good bargain.

http://www.amazon.com/SHANREN-water...425043775&sr=8-1&keywords=led+off+road+lights

The do not come with all the fancy hardware - but I am sure you can be creative and find a way/place to mount them!:)

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Steve3393,

No one answered your question regarding installation. I recommend Click Bond. To check it out, click bond.com. There are also many you-tubes on this product. It's quick, easy and no penetration of the metal surface. They are strong and waterproof used in the aircraft industry.

You can search my earlier LED installation here to see how neat they can be.

Burt

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
General note on LED -and pricing.

The lighting lady we used in our house remodel last year had just come from a West-Coast conference on new lighting products. She said they were very clear that incandescent lighting was probably not going to be made within a year or so. So LED will be our only choice -and that is a good thing!

Pricing is coming down now that factories are tooling up for LED production. A friend just bought really nice shop lights for his toy barn that use CREE LED chips set on a tape. These lights look like 48" flourescent fixtures except they are much smaller and nicer looking. The housing is fairly tight with a good bezel and while not cheap at $70 at Lowe's, they are coming down in pricing rapidly. Within 12-18 months, these fixtures should be the same price as the old fluorescent fixture we use in our garages and workshops. Same for the auto lighting applications: Better and Cheaper is on the way.

I have a ROPS roof on my Kubota. Plus, I hardly ever work in the weather but have thought about extra lighting. I found these aluminum and stainless pods at WallyMart.com: $42

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Race-Sport-RS-4L-3X316W-3-x-3.25-16W-4-LED-Driving-Spotlight/41161799

Better. Nicer. Cheaper.

Ain't technology GREAT?

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
LED lights are great in that they don't draw much power . I have tried them , turned around and sold them . I'm still the good ole halogen fan . Let me explain why . The light emitted from the LED's was such a bright white color that when snow blowing at night everything just kind of blended together . Always a certain amount of fine snow , almost dust like , floating around the machine when blowing and that bright white light lit up every bit of it . Another draw back I noticed is they don't get warm enough to keep the snow melted off them . But that's just my two cents . I know a lot of people love them , me , not impressed . Hoping the price of HID's come down in the future .

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
koja,

I got "knowed up" from my lighting lady when we converted the whole house to LEDs...

Associated with the wattage should be the color temperature, measured in degrees Kelvin. This information is almost impossible to get with automotive lighting.

The cheaper LEDs are all super hot 6-8000k lights that put out intense white colored light. Same with many cheaper or first gen indoor lighting options. For vehicle lighting, they figure brighter sells better so the "warmer light color" (lower K) lights are used for specialized lighting, like home interiors. Plus, the cooler the temp (lower K) the more expensive the lights are to manufacture. We may eventually see those in automotive lighting but, it may take a couple years. For now, they are all about white light lumens.

Part of the problem with HID is the cost of the step-up circuitry to power the bulb. I don't see that coming down any time soon. If you like them, you may want to buy a set while you still can get them. Incandescent bulbs are heading the way of the dinosaur.

The lower limit right now is around 2700K, which is about what an incandescent bulb puts out. If you try some of those at home, you may find you really like them. In my workshop, I want a little more white color so I am going to install 100w equivalent 4000k lights. They only draw 15 watts apiece!!!

Cal270

Equipment
4060 HSTC,LP1258,1672,1860,1672,ballast box,& HermanSupply fel snowplow
Jun 23, 2014
Mid-Michigan
Search Paul Short on UTube, he has installed lots if LED's on his Kubota's. You will be amazed.
His site is very helpful on anything Kubota.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
Glad I ran across this thread. I'd like to add some ROPS LED lighting for my M5140. Lots of good info here. I want to mount the lights inside of the ROPS up near the canopy. Most of the time the loader gets in the way of the front lights. Should I worry about overloading the circuit if I tie into the wiring supplying power to the emergency flashers on the fenders?

The ones Ben S mentioned looked great for what I want to do, even if they're a little expensive.

http://ropslights.com/?page_id=493

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
... Should I worry about overloading the circuit if I tie into the wiring supplying power to the emergency flashers on the fenders?
Although it's fairly safe to "ass"ume LEDs can be inserted into your electrical system without concern, it's really best to do the calculations -- it's great for both reassurance, and for your knowledge foundation. Check what the watts of the lights you're replacing against the watts of the LEDs.

If you're adding to the system without removing anything, check the fuze of the circuit you're using and stay within it's max.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Should I worry about overloading the circuit if I tie into the wiring supplying power to the emergency flashers on the fenders?
Do you want your ROPS lights to blink? :confused:
If you tie into the flasher wiring at the fenders that's exactly what will happen.;)

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I am wondering if it would work ok to hook an LED light bar as in the links above up to a separate 12 volt car battery stashed (neatly in some kind of box) behind the seat? The reason for this inelegant solution is that I don't want to touch one electron of the Kubota's system while it is under warrantee and given all its fancy computer stuff. Also I don't plan on too much after dark work, but just occasional finishing up of projects, so it wouldn't require a lot of recharging.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Look for the 12 volt power port cigarette lighter and wire a plug on the end of the wires going to the light bar. Plug it ya got lots a light in pull it out and its off, and your good to go or an inline switch and just leave it plugged in. A but of a PIA but if you don't want to get into the wiring that's one way of doing it. Easy Peazy:D