Accurate tire pressure gauge - any recommendations?

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
Do any of you have an accurate tire pressure gauge?" If so, would you mind posting a photo of it with a link as to where you obtained it.

Thanks...

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Re: Accurate tire pressure guage - any reccomendations?

Do any of you have an accurate tire pressure gauge?" If so, would you mind posting a photo of it with a link as to where you obtained it.

Thanks...
Some of those "sticks" are good ....some suck!

I have a metal one that works well - keep it in my truck

Bought this for the shop - seems to work very well, hopes the last reading too

https://www.amazon.com/JACO-ElitePr...1531696788&sr=8-9&keywords=air+pressure+gauge

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
Do any of you have an accurate tire pressure gauge?"...

Thanks...
How fast are you driving that thing!? Does it have a big #3 painted on the side? It's a tractor. I like to be as close as I can on stuff of that nature as well, but if you have gauges around the shop and two of them read within 10% of one another then either one would probably be good enough to keep EXTREME, premature tire wear to a minimum.

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
How fast are you driving that thing!? Does it have a big #3 painted on the side? It's a tractor. I like to be as close as I can on stuff of that nature as well, but if you have gauges around the shop and two of them read within 10% of one another then either one would probably be good enough to keep EXTREME, premature tire wear to a minimum.
It's will be used on automotive vehicles as well :rolleyes:

I would like to get one that doesn't have a battery, or at least one that uses a standard AA or AAA battery.

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
It's will be used on automotive vehicles as well :rolleyes:

I would like to get one that doesn't have a battery, or at least one that uses a standard AA or AAA battery.
Here is the one I use; old, like me but really hard to find better, like me. LOL https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-AC...accu+gauge&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313
Mine only registers 60PSI which I prefer. I think any type of gauge, regardless of the application should never operate near the extreme range borders; either high or low. Meaning dont use a gauge that will accommodate a 300 psi supply to try and accurately check a tire with 14 psi pressure.

Last edited:

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
One might know that the "variable" in tire pressure is the water content of the "air". You know, humidity.

All the other gasses are quite consitant in partial pressure over a spread of temperatures. Water vapor,... not so much.

That's why the "racers" fill with nitrogen.

Car dealers and tire shops that offer N2 fills in Arizona are ripping drivers off ! The air is dry there! ;-)

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
Here is the one I use; old, like me but really hard to find better, like me. LOL https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-AC...accu+gauge&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313
Mine only registers 60PSI which I prefer. I think any type of gauge, regardless of the application should never operate near the extreme range borders; either high or low. Meaning dont use a gauge that will accommodate a 300 psi supply to try and accurately check a tire with 14 psi pressure.
That's funny, "vintage", I have that one too and got it around 1991 when I got my Early Bronco. It's still going strong and is kept in my Rubicon. It's nice that it has a relief button that you can lower the pressure a little with if you get it too high. I'm vintage too, but hadn't thought of mine as vintage before.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Accurate tire gauge? Never heard of one.

I'm a hobbiest drag racer. At the track, you can take 20 different peoples' tire gauge and check the tires on my car against mine, and you'll get 21 different readings. This is absolutely true because I've done it. And they're all over the place. Mine'll be 10 psi, someone else's would read 13.5 psi, another one was 6, etc etc.

And no, I don't use nitrogen. Waste of money. Tried it. And yes it's real humid here.