A thought from my little Sis

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Tell her that a shotgun is much better than a rifle.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
View attachment 123794

these little guys work too 😂
On a side note .... did you watch the movie "Fast Charlie"? It's set in LA and those critters above show up from time to time. I liked it so much that I bought it on Amazon. My only regret is that the movie isn't an hour longer. I hope they make a sequel.

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
On a side note .... did you watch the movie "Fast Charlie"? It's set in LA and those critters above show up from time to time. I liked it so much that I bought it on Amazon. My only regret is that the movie isn't an hour longer. I hope they make a sequel.
have not seen it

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Tell her that a shotgun is much better than a rifle.
LOL,, she is has a world ranking in mounted cowboy shooting,, and to be honest, aint no way I want to be in front of her with anything she picked up :)

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
My daughters take to two worlds. They can all shoot better than me and can afford very expensive lawyers !
Word of advice, never screw with an upscale NY women that grew up rural ! If the lawyer does not skin you alive , she most certainly can.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
I realize some comments meant to be playful but here's a true story. My sister-in-law worked in a DEA office and even though nothing required her to carry the agents were adamant in furnishing her a pistol and training her. One night as she was unlocking her car in a dark parking lot a man appeared out of no where and commanded her to get in and slide to the passenger side. When she turned to face him he told her he had a knife and would cut her if she didn't do as he says. In the motion of turning she was taking her pistol from her custom designed purse in one motion placing it in his face,bracing against car and shoving him away saying "never take a knife to a gunfight you sob,on your knees NOW!". She shouted for someone to call 911 and report law enforcement officer in need of assistance. The man was arrested, jailed, and sent back to prison on parole violation for aggravated assault and rape conviction. Her and my brother passed long ago but the memory is fresh and I still offer prayer of thanks for guardian angles sent to watch over her.
In staying with humors nature of thread , acquaintances that joined bystanders said the piece of crap excuse for man was whimpering and begging while waiting for and being placed in squad car. Agent over her office was pi$$ed she didn't squeeze the trigger and promised if it ever happened she wouldn't even need to hire a lawyer in the aftermath.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Times have changed a lot, and even a LEO is questioned about whether to shoot. It is no longer a time when defending your life with deadly force is always justified. Today too many people think it is OK to question LEOs and give the criminals and crooks more rights than they deserve.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wife and I had a similar conversation yesterday. She had it all planned put on how to do the deed, and a tractor for the body 😲😲😲

• Haha

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Wife and I had a similar conversation yesterday. She had it all planned put on how to do the deed, and a tractor for the body 😲😲😲
A decent burial? Evidently a kind hearted lady , mine threatened to drag me to the back and let buzzards do the rest. :cry:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
You know what also works, a boat and 500ft deep lakes, or a friend with a plane. :LOL: I have both.
They finally found the Cessna 150 with the girlfriend in the bottom of the lake 20 years later and sent the guy to prison.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
My daughters take to two worlds. They can all shoot better than me and can afford very expensive lawyers !
Word of advice, never screw with an upscale NY women that grew up rural ! If the lawyer does not skin you alive , she most certainly can.
That’s funny. I raised my daughter on a Texas ranch. When she expressed an interest I gave her a Mod. 60 S&W .357…and she can shoot it better than I can.

I quit two jobs that wanted to move me to NY and turned-down another job-offer there because I don’t like the place and because I wanted to raise and keep her in rural Texas. She graduated from UT, … then told me she‘d been accepted at law school there…..went to NY law school….and is now a prosecutor for NYC. :rolleyes:

“The best laid plans of mice and men go oft a-stray…”.

(and No…. she’s not THAT NY prosecutor)…. :cool:

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
They finally found the Cessna 150 with the girlfriend in the bottom of the lake 20 years later and sent the guy to prison.
Couldn't have been a very deep lake. Heck, there are cars and trucks in ponds that are 15ft deep that no one finds. There's a YouTube channel where a couple of guys have recovered the vehicle and remains of 20 or so missing persons, and that's after extensive searches by LE.

Good luck finding something in 350ft of water in a lake that covers close to 200 square miles. They only found bodies in Lake Mead because the water level dropped to record lows.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana