60 inch mmm storage and service

Tazz

Equipment
B2650
Jul 25, 2015
WVA
I have seen a few dollys made to store a mmm vertically but how do you guys get them onto the dollys by yourself? My 60" mmm weighs almost 400 pounds!

I can use my FEL with some straps to lift it and move it around but it is not very stable. I have no hooks on my bucket.

I'm impressed with the build of the mmm it's really heavy and has a nice thick belt. I did have some trouble removing it the two wheels in the back that don't turn make it hard to slide out from under the tractor even on a cement floor.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
i'm thinking of mounting some lift points, making it easier to move and store. my idea is to make a covered trolly along the side of my shop. so that i can lift a implement to and from storage. up over other implements to a level attaching area. using a electric winch to lift the implements and just use a rope pulley system to move the implements over and into their waiting area.
the attachment area will have a pad to work on and be close enough to water to use the pressure washer, prior to storage.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have seen a few dollys made to store a mmm vertically but how do you guys get them onto the dollys by yourself? My 60" mmm weighs almost 400 pounds!

I can use my FEL with some straps to lift it and move it around but it is not very stable. I have no hooks on my bucket.

I'm impressed with the build of the mmm it's really heavy and has a nice thick belt. I did have some trouble removing it the two wheels in the back that don't turn make it hard to slide out from under the tractor even on a cement floor.
Tazz,

I cheated!

I bought two of these a while back - worked very well, my MMM is stored vertically and held against the rear wall of my shed! A simple strap ties it to the wall,

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Handy-H...d=1451065346&sr=8-1&keywords=block+and+tackle

Tazz

Equipment
B2650
Jul 25, 2015
WVA
Tazz,

I cheated!

I bought two of these a while back - worked very well, my MMM is stored vertically and held against the rear wall of my shed! A simple strap ties it to the wall,

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Handy-H...d=1451065346&sr=8-1&keywords=block+and+tackle
Cool idea i guess you host it up close to the wall then strap it to the wall?

what gets me is the two wheels in the middle of the mower deck in the back do not swivel. I need like a ultra low swivel board.

Can anyone tell me what the thing circled is for? I thought it might be to hold the mmm arms up but then if you lowerd the 3 point...

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Maybe not enough coffee this morning but what the duce is that bracket for? I mean really:confused:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
skeets, the part with the pin and spring is mounted on the back of the belly mower. The other bracket hanging down is part of the mower mounting hardware hanging off the tractor. The bracket is attached to the hyd. system for raising the mower. It only goes down as far as the deck wheels allow.

Least that's my explanation:D!!

Tazz

Equipment
B2650
Jul 25, 2015
WVA
laugh all you want but i can not get the mmm arms into that holder on both sides. They do not line up properly.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
laugh all you want but i can not get the mmm arms into that holder on both sides. They do not line up properly.
you have the deck setting as low as it will go?

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Tazz. To allow the mmm support brackets to line up to the arms, you just have to pull the little hair pin out and slide it down and it will swivel into position. As for lifting the deck to install mmm axle and wheels to stand your deck up I lift it with a strap around the middle rear wheels bracket and lift with my loader to install my fabbed wheels and axle. If you don't have a hook on your bucket I highly recommend installing one whether it be a weld on or bolt on. That's part of having a loader to be able to lift things safely with out damage to your bucket. There are a lot of options.

View attachment 19946

View attachment 19947

View attachment 19948

Last edited:

Tazz

Equipment
B2650
Jul 25, 2015
WVA
Tazz. To allow the mmm support brackets to line up to the arms, you just have to pull the little hair pin out and slide it down and it will swivel into position. As for lifting the deck to install mmm axle and wheels to stand your deck up I lift it with a strap around the middle rear wheels bracket and lift with my loader to install my fabbed wheels and axle. If you don't have a hook on your bucket I highly recommend installing one whether it be a weld on or bolt on. That's part of having a loader to be able to lift things safely with out damage to your bucket. There are a lot of options.

View attachment 19946

View attachment 19947

View attachment 19948
That did the trick rkidd. Much appreciated. :)