2414 Error during Regen L3560

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
So I was out doing the pre-deer season craziness in the 94° heat today. My Regen was at 99% after about 5 hours on the tractor so I kept working. Within about 10 minutes I got the error code listed above. I shut it down for five minutes then turned the tractor and left in park and the regen finished. This is the first Regen at 32 hours. Anybody experience this? I plan to take it to the dealer tomorrow but I'd like to sleep tonight. Error went away after the Regen and I put it back on the trailer, ready to drop off at the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have not seen it personally, but the notes I have from another user's experience suggest that the EGR was overheated, that a sensor registered a value outside its range. The error will be stored until it is cleared with a laptop, so you may see it displayed again. Check to make sure your radiator is clean of debris. Your tractor should be fine.

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Thanks my friend! I kinda think it's ok too; the good news was it cleared right away and then did the Regen and then there was no further display of the error. She's going to the dealer anyway to make sure all is well. The good news is the temperature gauge never moved and was within normal limits. I'll update.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
I have a L3560 as well. My regen happened about the same hour mark as you. I also got the P2414 code, but I did not equate it with the regen process. Although it did happen after the 1st regen, there was a time lag and it was not during the same use (it it showed up later and I was working it hard). Dealer had to call the Kubota rep to find out what it was, and he told him to pull the EGR and inspect it for soot. He said that is not likely the problem, and don't spend a lot of time on it... just change it out. If it's bad, it's bad. It reset after shutting it down (but code will still shows in the error log until dealer reset) so I can use it, and they said I could continue to use it without damaging anything. So I agreed I will bring it in to get fixed when I need to bring it in for a new front snowblower to get mounted unless it happens a lot and gets annoying... but it has not happened again (but haven't worked it quite that hard since either).

From the searching I have done, the only time this has showed up as a problem is on the L3560. The service manager had never heard of it, and that code was not showing up anywhere that he could find. He had to call the rep to find out what the code was. Based on their response, and that I could not find any other instance that was not an L3560; it almost sounds like a problem with some of the EGR's on this model (but that is speculation on my part). The response back to me seemed pretty cut and dry.

Let me know if you hear anything differently.

Pat

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
When I purchased my new 2014 L3560HSTC, a couple of months later the dealer called me and said they needed to come and pick up the tractor that there was a re-call on it, something about the EGR valve and it needed to be replaced. I have never had a problem with the re-gen on it and it didn't go thru a re-gen until after the new EGR valve was in.

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Awesome thanks! I took it in today and they reset the code. They also hadn't heard of the problem and it ran fine - and the regen did complete prior to taking it in. I will call the dealer tomorrow ask them to go ahead and replace the EGR valve. Conropl - did u use it with the "bad" EGR valve or have it replaced right away?

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Awesome thanks! I took it in today and they reset the code. They also hadn't heard of the problem and it ran fine - and the regen did complete prior to taking it in. I will call the dealer tomorrow ask them to go ahead and replace the EGR valve. Conropl - did u use it with the "bad" EGR valve or have it replaced right away?
I've been using it (about a month and counting). It won't get replaced until I take it in to get the tractor set up for a front snow blower... which will probably be in October since they cannot order the blower frame until September. It has not faulted out again since, and they told me it would not harm the tractor if it is not faulting out continuously. So they really have not physically checked it out yet.

Mine only had 40 hours on it when it happened. It went into limp mode with a noticeable lose of power which is when I noticed the P2414 Engine Error flashing. I shut it down, let it cool, and stared it back up with no issues since. At the time, I was box blading the yard, and was pulling a pile of dirt & sod that was backed up in the Box Blade all the way back to the rear tires. In low gear it was working hard. I am sure that contributed, but it should be able to be worked hard without failing also. I've been clearing a lot of trees, brush, and moving dirt without issue... so far I have been pretty happy with it (A/C is really nice), but I do have to be extra careful clearing brush and trees with the cab (already broke a mirror when a limb slapped it).

I have 50 hours on it now.

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Well I went ahead and picked it up. They did check the EGR valve in all looked good. The good news is everything is under warranty and we are ready to take action if need be. Hopefully it's just a glitch in both of our tractors and they for now are doing great. They did a complete check of systems and all was completely well. So perhaps we have some sensitive EGR temperature gauges! Zero damage to the tractor. That's the most important part. And I also took it back to the dealer so warrantees are all thumbs up. My dealer is fantastic. They got it done quickly.

I use my tractor in the words as much as I do in the field so my only air conditioning or lack there of comes from the weather in front of me! Back to work again this weekend. Thank you one and all for your help.

Last edited:

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
I had another P2414 code show up on my L3560HSTC - which is an over temp EGR valve. It seems there is a bulletin out there now regarding this problem on the L3560`s.

Evidently, the exhaust is to close to the EGR valve and over heats it. So there is a repair kit to tie rap some insulation around the EGR to protect it. Previously, the dealer had replaced the EGR valve at the suggestion of the tech rep. But it happened again at my last regen, and the error stopped the regen before completing. I shut down, started back up, and it completed the regen quickly.

I stopped by the dealer, and he said there was a bulletin and the would get the kit ordered. It makes sense since the P2414 code has always happened when I was working it hard, plus was either during a regen or right after a regen... so the exhaust was extra hot.

This is an older thread, but still seemed relivant... so I reserected it.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
I had another P2414 code show up on my L3560HSTC - which is an over temp EGR valve. It seems there is a bulletin out there now regarding this problem on the L3560`s.

Evidently, the exhaust is to close to the EGR valve and over heats it. So there is a repair kit to tie rap some insulation around the EGR to protect it. Previously, the dealer had replaced the EGR valve at the suggestion of the tech rep. But it happened again at my last regen, and the error stopped the regen before completing. I shut down, started back up, and it completed the regen quickly.

I stopped by the dealer, and he said there was a bulletin and the would get the kit ordered. It makes sense since the P2414 code has always happened when I was working it hard, plus was either during a regen or right after a regen... so the exhaust was extra hot.

This is an older thread, but still seemed relivant... so I reserected it.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thank you for that - just did a second regen at 64.4 hours; all was well during the process and as soon as I worked her a bit that code came back. Didn’t help that it was again the hottest day of the year!! Anyway I’ll get with my dealer today to get that kit. I’ll let you know how it goes! Did you get yours taken care of?

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Update - called my dealer today and both new EGR and the protective kit being installed. All L3560 owners should get this done.

Last edited by a moderator:

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Thank you for that - just did a second regen at 64.4 hours; all was well during the process and as soon as I worked her a bit that code came back. Didn’t help that it was again the hottest day of the year!! Anyway I’ll get with my dealer today to get that kit. I’ll let you know how it goes! Did you get yours taken care of?

Yep. Worked it out with the dealer to have them come out and do it at my place as long as I was willing to wait for them to be in the area. No problem with me because I can still use it without any issues, and they got it done in a couple weeks. Haven't had any issues, but haven't been able to put many hours on it either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Cstock5468

Equipment
L3560 with loader, BH92, LP post hole auger, LP box scraper, Front PTO snow blow
Apr 16, 2020
Plainfield, NH
Thanks for the information as I was working my L3560 good and hard with AC on also! Mostly brush hogging up inclines in low gear with 4wd engaged. I got the P2414 error cose and engine warning light after about two hours of operation. I turned off and let it cool off for a it. The error code went away but came back after another hour of use. I will contact my dealer about the kit as it seems to be the issue as you folks have discussed. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

CoKid

Equipment
Grand L3560, Road Plane, Tiller, Snowblower, Box Scraper, Rear Blade, Loader
Jul 12, 2023
Elizabeth, CO 80107, USA
I know I am behind the times for the post but did anyone get the bulletin number or service bulletin number? I may need to research it out as well.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I know I am behind the times for the post but did anyone get the bulletin number or service bulletin number? I may need to research it out as well.
Talk to your local dealer, they can tell you if the update has been done to your tractor.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Or it sounds like the dealers are wrapping the EGR with insulation sheet so I would inspect the one on my tractor.