2012 is drawing to a close.....

alchemysa

Equipment
B1550, backhoe, 4in1 bucket, rear mower.
Jul 1, 2010
Australia
Hey guys, 2012 is well and truly closed. I presume someone mods this site because there's rarely any spam. How about updating the home page, or at least get rid of the old dates and old news. Its really not the most promising opening for new members.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
While your request has merit, posting it in the forum rather than sending it to a moderator or administrator is not a courteous manner of initiating a resolution. I'm sure you've noticed that some of us act pretty silly, yet we regard ourselves as family. Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,
-ShaunBlake-

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Hey guys, 2012 is well and truly closed. I presume someone mods this site because there's rarely any spam. How about updating the home page, or at least get rid of the old dates and old news. Its really not the most promising opening for new members.
Much thanx for pointing that out. Most members and Mod's once they join never go back to the opening page you speak of. Odd's are they use a saved link to jump right to the forum. I know I do.

Again, thank you for pointing that out. Will pass it on to the Admin. who be only one's with access to that side of the website.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
coach, you're right. I never go to the home page. Maybe I didn't know there was one after I found it the first time.

Now Shaun, don't get to uptight with the original poster. I thought he was doing good to make someone aware of it. Kinda like a family member would!

alchemysa

Equipment
Jul 1, 2010
Australia
While your request has merit, posting it in the forum rather than sending it to a moderator or administrator is not a courteous manner of initiating a resolution. I'm sure you've noticed that some of us act pretty silly, yet we regard ourselves as family. Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,
-ShaunBlake-
Really? I thought 'Site News and Suggestion Box' was the right forum for the err... suggestion.

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
Really? I thought 'Site News and Suggestion Box' was the right forum for the err... suggestion.
I'm with alchemysa.

I come in on the HOME page and see if there are any more AWESOME videos or new articles released. ;);)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks for the heads up alchemysa!
Now where is that ban button...
HEHEHE! :p:D

Seriously I'll throw it back at you all, as it is your forum! Any suggestions?

If anyone wants to write something up and send it to me or the others that would be great, And we would give credit where credit is due! ;)

Last edited:

alchemysa

Equipment
Jul 1, 2010
Australia
Thanks for the heads up alchemysa!
Now where is that ban button...
HEHEHE! :p:D

Seriously I'll throw it back at you all, as it is your forum! Any suggestions?

If anyone wants to write something up and send it to me or the others that would be great, And we would give credit where credit is due! ;)
Personally I don't care much for a lot of blurb on the home page. Its more work for someone, and I probably wouldnt read it any way. But I do think the home page needs to be 'current' or 'ageless'. If ever I go to a forum and see really old news on the home page, or see that theres only been a couple of posts in the last week, I just figure the site is neglected, abandoned or has a low membership. I know thats not the case with this site, but the home page is a bit of a put-off in my opinion.

My 'Bookmark' always takes me to the homepage. I've never got around to changing that.

DaveB6200

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6200 with sloppy worn FEL.
Apr 3, 2015
Cromwell, Connecticut
Personally I don't care much for a lot of blurb on the home page. Its more work for someone, and I probably wouldnt read it any way. But I do think the home page needs to be 'current' or 'ageless'. If ever I go to a forum and see really old news on the home page, or see that theres only been a couple of posts in the last week, I just figure the site is neglected, abandoned or has a low membership. I know thats not the case with this site, but the home page is a bit of a put-off in my opinion.

My 'Bookmark' always takes me to the homepage. I've never got around to changing that.
Kind of a "1st Impressions Thing" right?