2011 bx25 battery replacement

CrashmanS

Equipment
BX25
Aug 2, 2014
Buckhannon WV
Will a normal car battery be ok in this application? I work at a votech center and get a good discount on napa batteries. There top of the line battery is less than half of oem with more cold cranking amps.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Will a normal car battery be ok in this application? I work at a votech center and get a good discount on napa batteries. There top of the line battery is less than half of oem with more cold cranking amps.

The size of the "battery compartment" and the CCA is what you need to consider.

NEED not get the exact same model and whatnot - just get the correct size, making sure the terminals are on the "correct" side and see if you can get a CCA as high as possible.

The terminals can be a real PITA if backwards, I have replaced several honda batteries that the owner bought the right battery - backwards terminals - the reach of the power cables would not allow it to work!;)

With your higher CCA and correct terminal placement - you'll be fine!:)

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
On my bx 2670, you could not get jumper cables on the posts, they were buried in the box. I pulled the batt out, turned the batt 180 degrees, changed one of the cables to a different route and reinstalled the batt. Now I can easily charge the batt or boost anything else off.

CrashmanS

Equipment
BX25
Aug 2, 2014
Buckhannon WV
I installed a napa legend 75 month battery in a 26r size. Was exactly the same battery. Same size all around and even had the same style vent placement. Installed and now back up and running! Thanks everybody!