COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Re: Is the sky falling?

NIW, can you advertise for outside construction remodels etc? If you are losing planned on projects?

I am thinking this because I was thinking gloomily that finishing the stairwell walls and floor where I drilled a hole through the pipe, and remodeling the kitchen are on hold because I can't have people in the house. But someone could finish the siding that got started last fall and look for the leak in the flashing on the roof without endangering themself or me. Some of us with fixed incomes still might like to go forward, or have to, if it is the roof leaking.

Hoping for the best! Helping people makes everyone feel better. When I had to cancel reservations for 10 for a party at a local restaurant, a nice place out in the country nearby, I suggested they consider curbside pick up, and I just got a notice they're having fish and chips today, so I'm going to get two orders and drop one off at a neighbor's. He's stuck inside, wife in a nursing home and too early to get the tractors out for anything. Gives me something to look forward to, I'm tired of my own cooking. :)

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland

Not getting it, or at least postponing getting it as long as possible (which is what you want because down the road after a lot of people have contracted it and many have succumbed (and they will), healthcare providers won't be overwhelmed and then you may actually receive the care you might need, plus there may be a vaccine or treatment developed (because now there isn't so at present, all that con be done is treatment, not cure), the ONLY way not to contract it is use COMMON SENSE. Common sense about what you touch, who you are contact with and what you do and how you do it.

Sadly, common sense today is a rare substance. People in general today lack common sense, good example is cleaning out the grocery stores.

Amy and I are hermits now. No issue with me and when planting time and hay season comes around, I do it myself. That is key for me...ALONE.

I need no help, never have. I've geared my operation to be a one man operation long ago. No contact with others. Just me, the tractors, the implements and the fields. Peachy with me.

Don't breathe on me, don't get in my face, keep your distance. All good with me anyway because generally, I don't like people anyway. Why I live where I do and do what I do.

Hospital beds here are no issue or at least should not be when the 'wave' has crested. We have within 40 miles of here, over 1700 beds at 5 hospitals. I live just close enough to metropolitan areas (Toledo, Ann Arbor and Jackson) to smell the urban stink if the wind is blowing hard but not close enough to smell it often.

Fine with me. Just the way I want it and always have.
Unfortunately, healthcare workers are getting it too and as time goes on the numbers of available workers will dwindle. It is possible that, in a few months, beds may be available but not enough nurses to care for the patients. Here in Ireland they are asking retired doctors and nurses to be on standby in case they are needed.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

Then there are the homeless that rely on folks like myself who donate what they can when they can. When they're telling people to stay at home I'm wondering how they will factor in the poor souls whom are not fortunate enough to have a place called home.:(:(

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Work handed me and the rest of the shop a motor carrier exemption letter today. Means when everyone else is confined to quarters I'm still working.

Got two copies. One in the glove box of my pickup, and one for my work truck. Little Rock is under curfew from 12am to 5am. This covers me if I have to be out for a service call or delivery and get stopped during that time. Doubt I would get stopped in my work truck. But there's a possibility in my pickup.

Wife's a nurse, so both of us will be working straight through.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

What a deal. We have 350 cases here in Michigan now, mostly concentrated in Wayne and Oakland counties.

Interestingly, new data strongly suggests that younger people are also getting sick and requiring ICU care, not just those over 55.

Keyword is care not cure. There is no cure at present, only care and hope they recover and those that do recover can get it again.

Have a very good friend whose wife is an ICU nurse and she's petrified and I don't blame her at all. Doctors and nurses on the front lines are just as likely to contract it.

Like I said, wife and I have become professional hermits, but then we have everything here we require for the long haul. Sure am glad I have a fully stocked root cellar and 3 full freezers plus 1000 gallons of propane and about 750 gallons of diesel.

Last edited by a moderator:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Work handed me and the rest of the shop a motor carrier exemption letter today. Means when everyone else is confined to quarters I'm still working.

Got two copies. One in the glove box of my pickup, and one for my work truck. Little Rock is under curfew from 12am to 5am. This covers me if I have to be out for a service call or delivery and get stopped during that time. Doubt I would get stopped in my work truck. But there's a possibility in my pickup.

Wife's a nurse, so both of us will be working straight through.

Has always sounded to me like some of the equipment you work on is pretty essential. Thanks!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Has always sounded to me like some of the equipment you work on is pretty essential. Thanks!
Diesel water pumps for the most part in my division. Plus tanks and filtration. We could be handling sewer bypasses, flood control, or simply filling water towers. Or emergency clean up with the tanks and filtration. All require a 24hr response if there is an issue or emergency order. My territory is most of the state.

Equipment rental side will be busy with light towers, generators, and sign boards.

It's hard to tell what's going to be needed and when. But I have a feeling in a few weeks, all hell will break loose around here. We are pretty tame so far with the total number of cases. We are at 100 total so far for the state. My wife knows 13 of the cases. 4 are ex coworker's, 9 are former patients of hers. She just switched to a different facility a couple weeks ago. The facility she left had a family member come in infected a day or two after she left and gave it to a patient. Got passed on before proper protocols were put in place.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

Diesel water pumps for the most part in my division. Plus tanks and filtration. We could be handling sewer bypasses, flood control, or simply filling water towers. Or emergency clean up with the tanks and filtration. All require a 24hr response if there is an issue or emergency order. My territory is most of the state.

Equipment rental side will be busy with light towers, generators, and sign boards.

It's hard to tell what's going to be needed and when. But I have a feeling in a few weeks, all hell will break loose around here. We are pretty tame so far with the total number of cases. We are at 100 total so far for the state. My wife knows 13 of the cases. 4 are ex coworker's, 9 are former patients of hers. She just switched to a different facility a couple weeks ago. The facility she left had a family member come in infected a day or two after she left and gave it to a patient. Got passed on before proper protocols were put in place.

Do me a favor would ya DT, give that lady of yours a big hug and tell her it's from BB and his wife. After being opened up more times then I care to mention I don't think I would have made it through if it weren't for the nurses. I'm not sure how they do the job they do but thank God they do, hero's in my books.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

We are getting travel letters issued since most of our work falls into the essitional services and we have to keep our employees working.

Never thought I would be issuing travel letters for people to go to work.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States

Our little county now has 2 cases announced yesterday at 5pm. One lives in the county & one only works in the county and both in isolation per the County Judge . This to me is a good reason to suspend the hepa rules on this virus. More info should be given so a quick look at possible exposures could happen.

On a lighter side, CDC says all I need to go to the store is a mask & latex gloves but was I embarrass when I got there and everyone else had clothes on :D

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR

Ah.....I see how these guy's survived now!

20200320_174802.jpg

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

The man said he could teach anyone to be a farmer, just dig a hole throw in a seed and corn comes up

Brick Axelrod

Equipment
L5460, BH92, RCR1872, FDR2572.RTVX1100c
Apr 12, 2018
South Carolina
With the Current virus situation and lots of people out of work because of it do you think Kubota is going to help out the people loosing their jobs by letting payments slide for a bit until the country gets back on its feet. Or will there be a mass of repossessed tractors and equipment?

Last edited by a moderator:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: do you think Kubota is going to help out.....

If you don't have enough in your bank account to keep you for 2-3 months, then shame on you. Every 'money manager' I've ever dealet with in the past 5 decades suggest 3-4 months MINIMUM in the savings account to pay regular bills(mortgage,insurance, car, food, utilites, etc.). A business should have 4-6 months in 'reserves'.

Some lenders(banks, mortgage companies, lessees) MAY allow you to DEFER a payment or two, but you'll still OWE the money,perhaps with a small interest fee.There's no way VISA or MC will forgive the 20-30% fees though..

Status
Not open for further replies.