What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Leveled a base with the little monster for the greenhouse build, then drank some sap…not quite enough to boil, but more than enough for a refreshing drink in the woods…we are very close to the season though. After that I thought I should come inside and cleanse my pallet with some water that flowed over limestone from Knob Creek area and aged in a charred oak barrel. 🥃

Reactions: 4 users

foobert

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 25, 2021
Washington
Today is a Good Day — my daughter’s rabbits are officially out of the house and that festering parenting fail can start to be forgotten. ‘Nuf said about that, onto the tractoring…

The new neighbors on the property adjacent to us remarked they couldn’t give away the aviary that the prior owners left, and my wife piped right up that it’d be a perfect structure to house the rabbits, and wouldn’t it be so easy now to just pop it over to our place and solve everyone’s problems? Hah! Two full weekends worth of work, I’m happy to report that it actually is quite a nice enclosure.

It’s about a 10.5’ diameter heptagon (7-sided) structure made from extruded aluminum framing that has 100’s of bolts & self tapping screws holding it together. It probably weighs no more than 125#. It took hours to remove all the intertwined vegetation and free it from the timber foundation it was on. The last thing I wanted was to then disassemble it for moving.

So, I made 11’ fork extensions by C-clamping a pair of rough-cut (full dimension) 2x4’s to the forks, and then screwing some cross-beams to that to support the structure from 8 points. Interestingly enough, my 160# hanging out at the very end of the 11’ extension is enough moment to just lighten the rear axle of the BX w/ rear-blade as counter weight (but no operator) such that one rear wheel lifts slightly. No problem: 1) the moment arm of the structure is centered at half the fork length, 2) it weighs less, 3) my operator mass will help counter. But, it was a fun test.

5 of us lifted it onto the forks and screwed the base down to absorb some of the wobbles and carefully drove several hundred yards of driveways and public road to get it moved. The lil' BX didn’t hardly even shrug at the job.

Hand dug 16” depth of anti-dig wire and built a cinder block foundation and set it into place. The kiddo helped out with the entire process and I couldn’t be more proud of her efforts — she’s really happy with the result she helped create.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Isn't it always amazing how many different tasks these tractors help out with? :)

Reactions: 3 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Isn't it always amazing how many different tasks these tractors help out with? :)
Actually My 8N has been there making life easier for me for 25 years. The L2501 retirement tractor is with the FEL and Bh77 is 10x 8N amazing. But I kept the 8N and it is till my snow plowing and other uses so it didn't get replaced. Like me it is getting help from the kubota!

Bill

Reactions: 1 user

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Same here, all 4 tires have it in them as all 4 tires had a puncture at some point. I think I add air once every other year.
I used to use Slime, until I found this stuff.
First used it on a neighbor's skid steer tires. His rims were in bad shape. Used this stuff, never lost a pound of air. I used it as a test on a utility trailer that had leaks from dry rot. Trailer is only used on my property not on the road.........no more leaks. Got it in all my tires including my golf cart tires.

Reactions: 1 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Just don't put it in car or truck tires. It causes balance issues, and if you do need a repair, most tire places now hit you with a cleaning and environmental fee. It's nasty stuff to clean up.

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Ordered a Virnig V30 60” grapple for my LX2610 today. Just gotta decide on which 3rd function kit now.

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Just don't put it in car or truck tires. It causes balance issues, and if you do need a repair, most tire places now hit you with a cleaning and environmental fee. It's nasty stuff to clean up.
Also ruins the tire pressure sensors if you have them

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
That too.

Well, starting next week I will finally have my new L4060HSTC-LE to work with/on. Going to be putting a few hours on it almost immediately using the pallet forks. I will be getting a heavy duty warehouse rack, putting my implements on pallets and storing them on the rack, getting them off the floor and making room in the barn to store my hay equipment. Between the mowers, rake/graders, tiller and box scraper, I will have plenty of clear space to work with.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Replaced the bush hog trail wheel. Wife picked up a replacement bolt that had broken at Lowes this morning.

Retorqued the blade nuts. Both were loose. Good procedure to follow: run without tail wheel for a bit and retorque.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Awes
That too.

Well, starting next week I will finally have my new L4060HSTC-LE to work with/on. Going to be putting a few hours on it almost immediately using the pallet forks. I will be getting a heavy duty warehouse rack, putting my implements on pallets and storing them on the rack, getting them off the floor and making room in the barn to store my hay equipment. Between the mowers, rake/graders, tiller and box scraper, I will have plenty of clear space to work with.
Awesome…enjoy that new orange paint. What pallet forks did you get?

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Oh, maybe I should do that on mine to loosen up the blade. One blade doesn't rotate freely, never did, so when I hit something it takes a while for it to swing back out and stop shaking.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Ordered a Virnig V30 60” grapple for my LX2610 today. Just gotta decide on which 3rd function kit now.
The choices are Kubota, WR Long, Land Pride and Summit. The prices are from highest to lowest as listed and so is the quality. The Kubota may not be available, but if it is there is no comparison.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Started clearing the snow for easier access the the bush for maple season. We have had way less snow then previous years. Usually I don’t bother trying to clear the trails. my season starts on snowmobile but this year the defender side by side will be able to access without needing tracks. Getting the itch to at least get my lines up and ready to start tapping we had rain all day the day before then a quick cold snap to -12 today. All that rain packed the snow down on most the trail lower then the belly of the tractor. Previous years it’s been 2+ feet even packed. Crazy

Attachments

Reactions: 6 users

OrangePower

Equipment
A cute little rinky dinky 2021 BX23s
Sep 15, 2021
VA
Beat it sensless scraping dirt with the box blade (rakes in the ground) and scraping dirt with the bucket! Then, put it away wet.

D

Deleted member 47704

Fired it up lifted the bucket up put on the skid shoes,we're getting some snow tomorrow.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Just a long warm-up in preparation for 8-12” tonight/ early tomorrow

41A1D318-25E0-4F7E-A618-8E50E440D014.jpeg

Any saving grace, maple sap tubing showed up on our lot next door. He does about 150 taps on our property, about 1,000 taps total.

Hopefully a sign of some better weather to come. Many have made syrup already.

8A4ED249-6B8D-4F1A-9546-9CE07EEC4401.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I put the down payment and financed mine yesterday, does that count? Going to check it out today in about an hour.

Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Plugged in the block heater, put the snowblower on, and got it ready for the 8 - 12 inches of snow that we are supposed to get. Got about 1" overnight, and now it is raining. If it continues to rain, then I will be taking the snowblower off and putting the blade back on to clear the slush.