Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Tires & Wheels

Tires & Wheels Discuss everything related to ag, turf or industrial tires, wheels, rims, ballast and chains right here.

Old 10-18-2019   #11
200mph
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Default Re: arrgh and sigh...

The effects of heavy loader work on tires can be offset with the appropriate 3pt ballast.

I would definitely send pictures to the tire manufacturer asking for support.
200mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2019   #12
GreensvilleJay
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX23-S

so far no reply from 'Garden Master' , teh mfr of the tires...
guy at Kubota Canada is trying to figure out the ACTUAL 'payload' I can carry with my BX23S. even though the loader will lift 700#s, tires only good for 1720# and BX23S weighs in around 3,000#... Yeesh, this should be real simple for Kubota to figure out. If I had a 1,000# weigh scale , I can do the math in 5-6 minutes....
Oh well....
I still can't get Kenda K514 series tires up here either, so I'll need a USA supplier than can send to Holland, Mi. Crazy thing is Amazon has them(several vendors) BUT 'not available in your area' !! What Amazon doesn't know is that I have an AMERICAN address I can ship to..... so much for NAFTA.
GreensvilleJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019   #13
GreensvilleJay
3rd Yr. Apprentice

update : Kubota Canada is reversing the charges ( $250) for the 2 new tires/rims I bought last week ! I still haven't heard what the 'payload' weight my BX23S can carry but at least I'm getting new tires/rims for free !! I'll have to put the 'bug in their ear' later this week. I just got 2 BIG dumptruck loads of top soil delivered and that'll be 100s of trips back and forth next week, after the rain comes tonight...sigh...

No Kenda dealer/rep in Canada either, dbl sigh..

Oh well...
I wonder if putting tubes in would actually help but my gut says no...
Jay

edit: Kubota says the BX23S will carry 750# minus bucket weight(150) so... 500 # of dirt or steel payload !! When I get time, I'll build a 1,000# scale and SEE just what weight is on the fronts.

Last edited by GreensvilleJay; 10-24-2019 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2019   #14
mikester
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M59 TLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by js5020 View Post
My neighbor and I refer to those bumps as tumors. I suspect they are caused by all the loader work since I have another neighbor who has no problems with the tires only difference she hasn't mastered filling the loader bucket yet. Don't feel special the neighbor who shares the tire issue has a JD,, he and I have somewhat of a competition going to see who uses the most front tires in a year, he's ahead of me, must be because the JD has a 53" bucket to my 48" .
Those bumps are factory defects and Ive seen them on cars too, right from new. If you caught them right away you might have argued enough to get a new tire replacement under warranty but even then it would have been a fight. Trying to get tire manufacturers to honour warranty is like getting 3 tab shingle manufacturers to honour their warranties.
mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019   #15
js5020
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX23S

I didn't waste my time trying to get warranty on a 1 year old tire, for 76 bucks and 10 minutes at the tire machine problem solved. Inspection of the failed tire showed exposed and frayed cords on the inside of the tire about 3 inches long in the area of the fail. Sometimes it's just easier to take the path of least resistance.
js5020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019   #16
GreensvilleJay
3rd Yr. Apprentice

yeah 3 tab shingles....
installer blames IKO, IKO says bad install, homeowner gets 'the stick'. Even IF shingles are bad, IKO only gives you 5 shingles to replace the 5 bad ones !

I'd really like to buy Kenda K514s but NOT available here, north of the 49th....
..no passport, so can't go south and Amazon( they are there online..) says 'none in my area' !
OH well, 14 hrs on new free ones so far,so good.....

Jay