Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Tires & Wheels

Tires & Wheels Discuss everything related to ag, turf or industrial tires, wheels, rims, ballast and chains right here.

Old 10-15-2019   #1
GreensvilleJay
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX23-S
Default arrgh and sigh...

Had great plans to work the BX23S all weekend long until I spotted this....
... 19 ( yeah I counted them) soft huge pimples on the left front...arrgh..., so I checked the right front...sigh... same problem just not as bad.
Kubota dealer says, sorry ,out of 1 year warranty( by 3 months..) but contact tire mfr....
so I had to buy 2 new tires and rims( cheaper than tire only).
So, I have 3 days of work to do, today, as rain is coming for the next.....
sigh,
dbl sigh.....

Anyone else have this weird pimple thing happen ??

Jay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02233.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	45177  
GreensvilleJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2019   #2
SidecarFlip

Master Tech

Equipment: M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota Sidekick RTV,
Default Re: arrgh and sigh...

Underinflated maybe? Looks like cord slip from overloading / under inflated
Old 10-15-2019   #3
G.rid
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe

I've had it happen on trailer tires before. Was told they were over loaded or over speed.
Relocating from Ontario to Nova Scotia cost me a few tires. Mind you it was probably 5-6 trips over two years, and 110km speed limit warmed them up a little!

As far as yours, like flip said probably underinflated. If you have new tires and rims on the way, run them till they blow. You've got nothing to loose. Just be extra careful with heavy loader work, if a tire blows with your loader up it will get unstable in a hurry. They could surprise you how much longer they might last.
G.rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019   #4
Roadworthy
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L2501 HST

I've never seen it before but as suggested I'd probably just run them until they quit. If you're careful you should be fine, most tractors don't travel at highway speeds.
Roadworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019   #5
GreensvilleJay
3rd Yr. Apprentice

New tires and rims are now installed, old ones had 21-22#...what the sidewall says. Only have 218 hrs on them( 16 months ols..). Obviously no highway speeds..... Only hauled bucket loads of pony poop, mulch and topsoil
The new ones are same brand/make so I'll look real careful in the sidewall for info like 'max load #### at ## PSI'.
There's a 1-800-number I'll try calling tomorrow..(rain day).
Jay
Old 10-16-2019   #6
rgk66

Equipment: BX2370, frt mt blower, tarter sc48 rotary mower, FEL, 6 ft woods finish mower

I had the same issue with 1 of my front tires also ( beyond warranty). Continued maintaining the air pressure and kept using it until it finally leaked too bad. The other front tire (maintained at the same psi and load use) showed no such bumps/pimples. I believe the bumps/pimples are a manufacturing issue - after I dismounted it and cut it apart it appeared there was a cord/ply separation problem.
I found a pair of Kenda 18/8.5-10 6ply tires for replacements (will support 35 psi and 1000 lb load each), haven't had any front tire problem since.
rgk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019   #7
GreensvilleJay
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Hmm...you've got me thinking now. The 'factory fresh' tires are only rated for 860# each and I'm wondering just how much weight we can actually, safely carry and NOT exceed the 860# limit of the tires ? While most of my bucket loads are mulch or dirt, I do haul patio stones and gravel around. I know the loader can proably lift more than the tires will safely carry. It'd be nice to know the REAL load limit. While the loader can lift 4 patio stones, perhaps the tires can only carry 2 or 3 ?? Anyone every see THAT number ?
In the meantime, I'm going to see about those Kenda tires or something comparable.
Old 10-16-2019   #8
rgk66

Equipment: BX2370, frt mt blower, tarter sc48 rotary mower, FEL, 6 ft woods finish mower

I believe they are Kenda model K514 tires. I got them off ebay, $95each.
Be sure to check the ply ratings close as they come in both 4 ply and 6 ply. I looked them up and the 6 ply is rated @ 36 psi and 1115 lb load.
You may be correct that the 4 ply don't handle the load as I was moving a lot of gravel, sand and also some loader capacity size logs. As I stated earlier the Kendas are holding up great, don't even squat under load.
rgk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019   #9
js5020
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX23S

My neighbor and I refer to those bumps as tumors. I suspect they are caused by all the loader work since I have another neighbor who has no problems with the tires only difference she hasn't mastered filling the loader bucket yet. Don't feel special the neighbor who shares the tire issue has a JD,, he and I have somewhat of a competition going to see who uses the most front tires in a year, he's ahead of me, must be because the JD has a 53" bucket to my 48" .
js5020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019   #10
BAP

Journeyman

Equipment: 2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower

Put tubes in them and keep on running them until they are worn out. The bubbles come from poor tire quality allowing air to escape into the different layers of the rubber. Tube will contain that air. Eventually the tire will give out but way lot cheaper than buying new tires and rims.