HELP!! I need a skid plate!!

Russ103

Equipment
M8540 4wd 85hp
Apr 27, 2013
Baton Rouge, La.
M8540 fuel tank protection needed. What engineer decided to put a fuel tank under a tractor should be hung. I need to build a skid plate. Any ideas? Suggestions? Pictures would be helpful!!

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
As a 'master welder' with 25 yrs of fabricating experience behind me, it sounds like a very easy project. Bring it over and we'll 'get'er done'.....

Russ103

Equipment
M8540 4wd 85hp
Apr 27, 2013
Baton Rouge, La.
As a 'master welder' with 25 yrs of fabricating experience behind me, it sounds like a very easy project. Bring it over and we'll 'get'er done'.....
Ok!! I'm leaving at 7:am 5/18/13 from Baton Rouge. I'm driving the Kubota since my pickup makes terrible fuel mileage. I'll call you when I get to your neighborhood. Should I stop and pick up some rods?

E/S

Equipment
2009 M8540HDC 4x4 w/ Cab
Jan 6, 2010
Reno, NV
I am going to pull the "tank guard" on my M85 and use it as a template for a real guard made out of AR 500 1/4 in steel plate.

E/S

barnesweldinginc

Equipment
M8540N
Mar 4, 2015
Waterville
Kubota M8540N Belly Pan Skid Plate Kit
We were asked to help design and build a full skid plate belly pan system for one of our customers M8540N Tractors. They are chopping prunings in their orchards with a flail chopper and it is was not working well with their current skids. We worked together with our customer to come with the design.

Design Features
- Slotted Holes for Easy Removal and Installation
- Heavy Duty 3/16 Mild Steel Plate
- Angled Surfaces to help debris to roll away from Tractor
- Drain Holes for fluids
- 4 part assembly to create lightweight and simple install
- Stores Easy on a pallet. Longest Part is 48"
- Tight install height for maximum Ground clearance
- Relatively easy to pressure wash debris from between tractor and plates

We are working on a price point for the kit. What would be the max this product would sell for? If we manufacture 10 units at once we can keep the price lower.

What do does everyone think? Design? Pricing?

Check out our website to learn a little bit more about our company. www.barnesweldinginc.com We are located in the Wenatchee area of Washington State. We are tied directly to the Wheat Farming industry but our close neighbors and friends are running Orchards 8 miles from us.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Ok!! I'm leaving at 7:am 5/18/13 from Baton Rouge. I'm driving the Kubota since my pickup makes terrible fuel mileage. I'll call you when I get to your neighborhood. Should I stop and pick up some rods?
Spitting Diet dew through my nose reading this !!!!!!!!!!!:D:)

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Aw shucks! When I saw the new posts in this thread, I thought Russ103 had finally made it up to WFM's welding shop.

He hasn't been on the board for a year and a half - is that enough time to drive a M8540 from Baton Rouge to Porter, ME? Nobody in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, or Tennessee would mind a tractor on the Interstate, but I think further north and east, they get right snotty -- particularly around Washington...

Reactions: 1 user

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Temporary---- Plywood and ratchet straps, maybe some metal strapping and bolts etc. Not pretty but will do

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im thinking that a couple of ahhhmmmm old nasty battered road signs would work,, that is if you could find them laying along the road that somebody runned over, and the road crew just left behind:rolleyes::rolleyes:,,
Why No Officer Obie I have no idea where those road signs went, no sir I don't have them under my tractor:D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Why No Officer Obie I have no idea where those road signs went, no sir I don't have them under my tractor:D
NOW how would he see those plates UNDER you tractor......mmmmmm....

skeets - you been running over policemen again????? Poor Ol Obie.......:):):)

GeraldVG

Equipment
M7060, 8' 3008 BushHog and fairly long list of older implements
We were asked to help design and build a full skid plate belly pan system for one of our customers M8540N Tractors. They are chopping prunings in their orchards with a flail chopper and it is was not working well with their current skids. We worked together with our customer to come with the design.

Design Features
- Drain Holes for fluids

We are working on a price point for the kit. What would be the max this product would sell for? If we manufacture 10 units at once we can keep the price lower.

Check out our website to learn a little bit more about our company. www.barnesweldinginc.com We are located in the Wenatchee area of Washington State. We are tied directly to the Wheat Farming industry but our close neighbors and friends are running Orchards 8 miles from us.

Design Features
- Drain Holes for fluids

In attempting to find a skid plate for a Kubota M7060, I stumbled across this old post of yours. Your design features listed for the M8540N fit my needs to a T, so since you are in the fabrication business I thought I'd check to see if you ever got anything off the ground for the M7060 or if you could give me a lead.

You are a long way from me (Washington state to North Central Arkansas, but a 4-piece assembly would put something you build/fabricate within reasonable shipping distance. I was able to find a DIY design, but don't have the feeling that I'm up to that or even if it would be a good way for me to go (https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/m7060-skid-plate-build.387824/page-2).

Attachments

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
In attempting to find a skid plate for a Kubota M7060, I stumbled across this old post of yours. Your design features listed for the M8540N fit my needs to a T, so since you are in the fabrication business I thought I'd check to see if you ever got anything off the ground for the M7060 or if you could give me a lead.

You are a long way from me (Washington state to North Central Arkansas, but a 4-piece assembly would put something you build/fabricate within reasonable shipping distance. I was able to find a DIY design, but don't have the feeling that I'm up to that or even if it would be a good way for me to go (https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/m7060-skid-plate-build.387824/page-2).
What Geraldvg said!! I just got a new M6060 and spend most of my time in the forest. I need a full length skid pan!

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
What Geraldvg said!! I just got a new M6060 and spend most of my time in the forest. I need a full length skid pan!

I contacted Josh Barnes at www.barnesweldinginc.com. Super nice Guy! He said he would be willing to design and manufacture skid plates for our M5660, M6060 and M7060 tractors. It would be more cost effective if he were building more than a "one off". If there are others who would like to get in on these skid plate, you might want to contact him. I am willing to work with him on measurements and pictures to accomplish the mission. Anyone else interested??

GeraldVG

Equipment
M7060, 8' 3008 BushHog and fairly long list of older implements
I contacted Josh Barnes at www.barnesweldinginc.com. Super nice Guy! He said he would be willing to design and manufacture skid plates for our M5660, M6060 and M7060 tractors. It would be more cost effective if he were building more than a "one off". If there are others who would like to get in on these skid plate, you might want to contact him. I am willing to work with him on measurements and pictures to accomplish the mission. Anyone else interested??
I'm interested in knowing more. A multi-part plate that weight-wise can be handled by one old man would be ideal.

MD2595

Equipment
M7060HDC12
Jul 5, 2021
East Texas
I'm interested. I just got my M7060HDC12 back from the dealer for damage to a hydraulic line while using my Baumalight MP560