What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Now that I’m retired I’m spending more time in the basement/shop, it’s getting to be routinely cold out, and I hadn’t had a fire going since last winter. But I did clean the chimney in September so at least that was ready to go. Cleaned all the miscellaneous crap off the wood cart and got it out for the first run of the 2023-2024 winter season. View attachment 119561
Loaded it up. View attachment 119562
Back from the wood yard to the basement/shop. View attachment 119563
Fired up the Lopi Liberty and the chill was soon gone. View attachment 119564
had the same stove in my great room at our last home. Loved that stove and miss the heat of a wood stove. They are a fantastic stove.

lopi.JPG

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Very cool! Does the air station work?
It worked when I removed it, and a couple of years ago I hooked it to the air compressor and it was working then. I have a rebuild kit tied to the hose arm should I ever need it, that is if I ever get around to hooking it up. There was another bolted to the wall of the garage but I didn't take it because I felt that one was enough. I was young and dumb, unlike now, old and dumb!

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Not much. Talking 5-9” of snow tonight/tomorrow. More to the east toward @DustyRusty and others.

Ran it a while and made sure all in working order. Checked all fluids in advance.

Noticed a very little oil on garage floor under/near where both front tires were parked.

Checked front knuckles closely for a seal leak, but didn’t find anything. Might have been one of my own oil spills. Seemed pretty thick like motor oil, while the axle has SUDT2 in it.

Will keep an eye on it.

IMG_6384.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Ground finally froze enough I could get the little girl down into woods and transfer some wood up to the barn for next year. Only about 3hrs worth until it warmed up enough to start getting greasy and I had to stop. The pups had a big time.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Nice! So much easier when frozen up a little!

Neighbors are picking corn like mad and drying as they go.

Froze a little here last couple days. Lot of their corn ground is river bottom, and it’s been very warm and wet.

IMG_6385.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Not much. Talking 5-9” of snow tonight/tomorrow. More to the east toward @DustyRusty and others.

Ran it a while and made sure all in working order. Checked all fluids in advance.

Noticed a very little oil on garage floor under/near where both front tires were parked.

Checked front knuckles closely for a seal leak, but didn’t find anything. Might have been one of my own oil spills. Seemed pretty thick like motor oil, while the axle has SUDT2 in it.

Will keep an eye on it.

View attachment 119609
It might be the lubrication from the chain that dripped off. After the storm put your favorite chain lube on and be sure to have a piece of cardboard underneath to collect what drips off. I used to take the chain off in the summertime and put it into a pan with chain and bar oil and then put it in the hot sun for the oil to flow into the chain completely. Then bring it inside where it was cooler to allow the oil to solidify and then reinstall. Keeping your chain well-lubricated and adjusted will save your chain from wearing out prematurely.

Gaspasser

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH
I didn't do anything on my tractor today but I did do something for my tractor. Started to frame lean-to move stuff out of shed to make room for the new baby.

Attachments

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
I didn't do anything on my tractor today but I did do something for my tractor. Started to frame lean-to move stuff out of shed to make room for the new baby.

That will be good and is what I should do instead of this - except I have to start my rafters up on the roof deck.

TarpCover1.jpg

gg

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Better add some more roof joists for the snow load. When I added a lean-to to my old garage, I went back about 3' from the wall so I had more headroom and it spread the weight out for snow load carrying. On the first one, I did it like yours and found that I couldn't open the door fully. Sometimes I think that you have to build the same thing 3 times before you get all the "I should have" out of the project. When I lived in New Hampshire over 50+ years ago it seemed like every snowstorm was a blizzard, and you couldn't see around an intersection because the snow was piled up so high. A friend got lost and turned onto what he thought was a road, only to make it in a few yards when his car fell through the snow crust and he was stuck until a State Trooper noticed the tire tracks in the snow and stopped to investigate. If he hadn't been found that day they probably wouldn't have found him till the spring melt and he wouldn't be with us today.

Gaspasser

Equipment
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Better add some more roof joists for the snow load. When I added a lean-to to my old garage, I went back about 3' from the wall so I had more headroom and it spread the weight out for snow load carrying. On the first one, I did it like yours and found that I couldn't open the door fully. Sometimes I think that you have to build the same thing 3 times before you get all the "I should have" out of the project. When I lived in New Hampshire over 50+ years ago it seemed like every snowstorm was a blizzard, and you couldn't see around an intersection because the snow was piled up so high. A friend got lost and turned onto what he thought was a road, only to make it in a few yards when his car fell through the snow crust and he was stuck until a State Trooper noticed the tire tracks in the snow and stopped to investigate. If he hadn't been found that day they probably wouldn't have found him till the spring melt and he wouldn't be with us today.
No worries. Those are just braces to hold the wall up. Plenty more rafters, collar/rafter ties, purlins, joist hangers and roof panels to go yet. Was happy to make some progress before the snow flies tonight.

Last edited:

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
It worked when I removed it, and a couple of years ago I hooked it to the air compressor and it was working then. I have a rebuild kit tied to the hose arm should I ever need it, that is if I ever get around to hooking it up. There was another bolted to the wall of the garage but I didn't take it because I felt that one was enough. I was young and dumb, unlike now, old and dumb!
I still vaguely remember those. Driving around with my parents. Crazy the memories that stick with you.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
It might be the lubrication from the chain that dripped off. After the storm put your favorite chain lube on and be sure to have a piece of cardboard underneath to collect what drips off. I used to take the chain off in the summertime and put it into a pan with chain and bar oil and then put it in the hot sun for the oil to flow into the chain completely. Then bring it inside where it was cooler to allow the oil to solidify and then reinstall. Keeping your chain well-lubricated and adjusted will save your chain from wearing out prematurely.
True - I use winter weight bar oil on the blower chain, which is red-colored.

Didn’t appear that color, but was such a small amount it’s anyone’s guess at this point.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Did a first run of the snowblower. Only 4-5 inches, but all worked well.

I leave almost 2” until a good base is built up on my stone driveway.

Shows how well the LED lights work on my ROPS. Got same lighting pointed backwards.

IMG_6393.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
FC here calling for 9” +\- by end of the week…gonna try to get the wood we shuttled yesterday split and under the awning now that I have some room.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It should be a law, that EVERY Kubota be kept in a proper building!;)

Gaspasser

Equipment
Dec 16, 2023
NH
It should be a law, that EVERY Kubota be kept in a proper building!;)
Yes! It pains me to leave it outside but carpenter friend expects we can finish lean-to by Thursday. Then move the splitters, generator, chipper, etc. out of shed and new baby gets to be covered and dry.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yes! It pains me to leave it outside but carpenter friend expects we can finish lean-to by Thursday. Then move the splitters, generator, chipper, etc. out of shed and new baby gets to be covered and dry.
Good........because I am guessing that the trusty groundhog will be forecasting extra weeks of Winter in NH.
There will also be one extra day in February! :ROFLMAO:

P.S. Don't forget to leave the hood UP, while stored.
Mice just love to chew wiring, and make a home in dark places.
Leaving the hood up helps to deny them that cozy hiding spot.

D-con or similar, ....is the best option,..... if domestic animals do not have access!

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Did a first run of the snowblower. Only 4-5 inches, but all worked well.

I leave almost 2” until a good base is built up on my stone driveway.

Shows how well the LED lights work on my ROPS. Got same lighting pointed backwards.

View attachment 119686
Last couple days here, have been amazing nice. We have about another week with highs in the 70's, then temps drop for about 5 to 6 weeks. Then back up in the 70's then back frying pan weather for the summer, lol.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Loved that stove and miss the heat of a wood stove. They are a fantastic stove.
I have a wood stove burning all winter and it does a great job of keeping this crappy house warm.

I plugged the block heater in a couple of hours ago and will be clearing snow this morning.

mx6000_01-07-24.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Talking of wood burning stoves, they do a good job of repurposing books that I get given. Read it, hated it and put it to good use!

book.jpg

• Haha