What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Yesterday, I had to work on my granddaughter’s car, so moved the LX out of the shed so I could put her car in and work a little more comfortably. It’s cold here, but not freezing, yet still too cold to work on a car outside. So I parked the LX where I normally do, under a large oak near the driveway, not even thinking about the millions of grackles, starlings, and red wing blackbirds that just made their pit stop in Alabama on their way south for the winter. Our yard is completely black with them for the past week, as well as a large number robins and cedar waxwings. The LX is now COVERED with bird excrement and it’s colder today than yesterday, but I can’t abide that much bird crap on my tractor. It ain’t like I spit shine the LX, but I also brew beer in the shed and really don’t want that stuff in there to be a contamination risk. So I guess I’m gonna be freezing my buns of cleaning it off. It wouldn’t be there it I hadn’t used the shed to service my granddaughter’s car, so I reckon she should at least wash my tractor. Otherwise, not much else going on other than leaf removal. Not getting much seat time at all.

Reactions: 4 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Yesterday, I had to work on my granddaughter’s car, so moved the LX out of the shed so I could put her car in and work a little more comfortably. It’s cold here, but not freezing, yet still too cold to work on a car outside. So I parked the LX where I normally do, under a large oak near the driveway, not even thinking about the millions of grackles, starlings, and red wing blackbirds that just made their pit stop in Alabama on their way south for the winter. Our yard is completely black with them for the past week, as well as a large number robins and cedar waxwings. The LX is now COVERED with bird excrement and it’s colder today than yesterday, but I can’t abide that much bird crap on my tractor. It ain’t like I spit shine the LX, but I also brew beer in the shed and really don’t want that stuff in there to be a contamination risk. So I guess I’m gonna be freezing my buns of cleaning it off. It wouldn’t be there it I hadn’t used the shed to service my granddaughter’s car, so I reckon she should at least wash my tractor. Otherwise, not much else going on other than leaf removal. Not getting much seat time at all.
Oops

I can hear it....🤷

C'mon Grandpa, I didn't park it there!!! 🤣🤣

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Oops

I can hear it....🤷

C'mon Grandpa, I didn't park it there!!! 🤣🤣
Pretty much spot on. NOTHING is EVER her responsibility and everyone should do whatever she needs or wants. When she wants it. She doesn’t care how much others have already done for her. She’s really lucky she’s my granddaughter, but has no clue. She’d be in a world of hurt without family.
On a more positive note, gave Lulu a bath greased all the zerks, including the grapple. Looks a bit better sans 20 pounds of bird poo.
827B7F24-B2D5-4DF9-BCB4-FCF37537F73E.jpeg

Reactions: 11 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
They usually grow up when they get married and have kids. Unfortunately, some don't do it in that order, and the kids suffer as a result. That is what grandparents are for, to help them out and try to get them to make better choices in life. Sometimes you can and other times you can't, but you never stop trying.

Reactions: 1 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Tarp it next time.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Tarp it next time.
Normally, I would, if I take the time to think about a bazillion birds migrating south or know I'm going to be leaving it outside overnight. I don't normally worry about it getting rained on, but the bird droppings will mess up the paint big time. Covering it at night just keeps all the reflective bits from announcing there's a tractor waiting to be stolen. All I would have needed to do is just not park it under the tree. I just parked it there out of habit. The missus' Traverse and my F-150 were less than 20 feet away. Nary a poop on either. Neither is under the canopy of the tree.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Had a recall done on the LX3310 a month ago and they mentioned that new injectors were covered but not required unless I had cold start problems. I didn't, but they recommended doing them since Kubota was covering them.

They picked up the tractor last Tuesday and it was back in the yard at supper time Wednesday. Started it up and it was running rough. About a minute later you couldn't see the front half of the tractor for smoke. Shut it off and noticed oil in the exhaust pipe. They picked it up last Thursday and said one of the new injectors failed and dumped diesel into the base and it went through the exhaust including the DPF. They replaced the defective injector and dpf. They dropped it off yesterday and it's running fine.

Glad its warranty because I'd hate to see the invoice for all that.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
After using my Boom Pole & Log Tongs to remove a couple trees that were jamming up (no pics) the creek, I removed the front Suitcase Weights to remount the Snow Plow.

While connecting the Hydraulic Lines, I had to fiddle around to align the notch (in the ring of the fitting) with the Ball Bearing so the ring would release.

I decided to fix that by releasing tension of the fitting of each hose to "clock" the Ball Bearing and notch so they were facing outboard and visible. Now the Hyd Lines will be easier to reconnect.

1000016524.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Had a recall done on the LX3310 a month ago and they mentioned that new injectors were covered but not required unless I had cold start problems. I didn't, but they recommended doing them since Kubota was covering them.

They picked up the tractor last Tuesday and it was back in the yard at supper time Wednesday. Started it up and it was running rough. About a minute later you couldn't see the front half of the tractor for smoke. Shut it off and noticed oil in the exhaust pipe. They picked it up last Thursday and said one of the new injectors failed and dumped diesel into the base and it went through the exhaust including the DPF. They replaced the defective injector and dpf. They dropped it off yesterday and it's running fine.

Glad its warranty because I'd hate to see the invoice for all that.
Inspect and smell the oil, make sure its good.

Reactions: 1 user

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Hay, Haay it's Friday.

20231215_134314.jpg

Grappled old hay and shit out of the corral area, and spread it out on my back road that has erosion.

20231215_115745.jpg

20231215_115752.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Gaspasser

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Took delivery of new L6060 this week. Clocked 4 hours getting used to controls and switching between bucket and forks. Surprised at how challenging it can be to see over hood for proper alignment of implements or lifting pallets. Anyone use a camera on front? Plenty of practice jumping in and out of cab. Have yet to install subframe and front snowblower. Have 1100 foot steep, icy gravel driveway. Glad to have chains and keeping it in low 4wd. Also considering aftermarket bucket edge (something like Pirhanna bar). Having fun so far.

Reactions: 9 users

Gaspasser

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Took delivery of new L6060 this week. Clocked 4 hours getting used to controls and switching between bucket and forks. Surprised at how challenging it can be to see over hood for proper alignment of implements or lifting pallets. Anyone use a camera on front? Plenty of practice jumping in and out of cab. Have yet to install subframe and front snowblower. Have 1100 foot steep, icy gravel driveway. Glad to have chains and keeping it in low 4wd. Also considering aftermarket bucket edge (something like Pirhanna bar). Having fun so far.
Awesome, congrats! Welcome to OTT!

Reactions: 1 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
The seat safety switch is the first thing I disable. It's almost impossible to remain completely seated to hook up on attachments on the larger tractors. A camera up front would be absolutely wasteful to me because of the use of a grapple and brush.

Reactions: 2 users