What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Great job on your property Ken! If everyone put in the effort you do for habitat improvement, the endangered domestic wild plants would have a better chance for survival for sure!
Time to harvest another whitetail and replenish the brat supply.
I remember the good days when I had Mel's supermarket in Fremont make my brats and Italian sausage from my clean trimmed venison. They did a wonderful Job and miss their quality taste... just sayin!

Reactions: 2 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Great job on your property Ken! If everyone put in the effort you do for habitat improvement, the endangered domestic wild plants would have a better chance for survival for sure!
Time to harvest another whitetail and replenish the brat supply.
I remember the good days when I had Mel's supermarket in Fremont make my brats and Italian sausage from my clean trimmed venison. They did a wonderful Job and miss their quality taste... just sayin!
Thank you so much for the kind words! I feel I am truly blessed to be the steward of this piece of land. I have gotten a lot of great help along the way, met some fantastic young folks that are interested and hoping to make careers creating/improving habitat. They give me hope for the future! I am no fan of big govt and all the BS that goes along with it, but working with the US Fish and Wildlife, Partners for Wildlife has been the catalyst that got me started down this rabbit hole!

I will check on Mel's supermarket! I had Niemuth's in Waupaca process my last two deer and they did a really good job on everything except I do not care for their venison summer sausage recipe , nor did I care for the hot sticks. Their venison brats are very good.

Update: I was sorry to see that Mel had passed and from what I can tell the supermarket is no long in business?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
Repiling logs..... they get dropped off with a dump trailer, piles are too long and low to efficiently use firewood processor, so it must be repiled. All good fun. A log loader/ boom grapple would make this a tad easier,theres always that one crooked, crotched log you dont see that rolls out cockeyed and the rest then follow. Jobs like this in and out of the cab almost make a guy yearn for an open station! Almost, but not quite!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Repiling logs..... they get dropped off with a dump trailer, piles are too long and low to efficiently use firewood processor, so it must be repiled. All good fun. A log loader/ boom grapple would make this a tad easier,theres always that one crooked, crotched log you dont see that rolls out cockeyed and the rest then follow. Jobs like this in and out of the cab almost make a guy yearn for an open station! Almost, but not quite!
Neat picture of your wood yard! :)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Snowblower on.

Combine that with the 5th ton of wood pellets I brought home today, I’m betting I’ll not need either of them this winter…. ;)

IMG_6200.jpeg

IMG_6202.jpeg

IMG_6203.jpeg

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Took off the blower/K-Connect and put the loader and grapple on. Cleaned up some deadfall and the tractor is going on a road trip Friday to do a major yard cleanup at a relatives home.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Burning some brush

20231104_164624.jpg

20231104_165139.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Thank you so much for the kind words! I feel I am truly blessed to be the steward of this piece of land. I have gotten a lot of great help along the way, met some fantastic young folks that are interested and hoping to make careers creating/improving habitat. They give me hope for the future! I am no fan of big govt and all the BS that goes along with it, but working with the US Fish and Wildlife, Partners for Wildlife has been the catalyst that got me started down this rabbit hole!

I will check on Mel's supermarket! I had Niemuth's in Waupaca process my last two deer and they did a really good job on everything except I do not care for their venison summer sausage recipe , nor did I care for the hot sticks. Their venison brats are very good.

Update: I was sorry to see that Mel had passed and from what I can tell the supermarket is no long in business?
Nope, Mel's supermarket is long gone Ken. They had a tragic fire and it burned to the ground. He (Mel) went to lunch at a nearby restaurant and the smoker failed somehow making the place a total loss. The animal mounts down every isle were quite the seen while shopping.
It was a friendly home-town place.

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
My garden froze a month ago, so today I removed all the wire tomato cages and bean towers, then cut everything with my rotary cutter. After that, I removed and stored my cutter for the season, then attached my Fred Cain plow and ripped the garden deep. I like to do this in the fall, so winter moisture soaks into the ground. A good morning’s work.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Beans have been harvested, so spent time on Saturday mowing around the edge of the fields. Going to have to get the chainsaw out and doing some trimming and get things ready for next year.

Mowing .jpg

Grill covered.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Beans have been harvested, so spent time on Saturday mowing around the edge of the fields. Going to have to get the chainsaw out and doing some trimming and get things ready for next year.

View attachment 115356
View attachment 115357
Nice.

I usually have the battery powered leaf blower in hand when shredding for that exact reason with the grill getting clogged up.

Do you harvest the beans or lease it out to a farmer?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Nice.

I usually have the battery powered leaf blower in hand when shredding for that exact reason with the grill getting clogged up.

Do you harvest the beans or lease it out to a farmer?
I grabbed the DeWalt leaf blower and cleaned the grill and then blew out the radiator. Makes quick and easy work.

The farm is share cropped. Once the grandparents passed, my dad and aunt didn't have the time to farm it themselves. My dad end up buying my aunt's half of the farm. Grandparents use to raise cattle (about 30 head), pigs, and chicken. As they got older they went from livestock to just row cropping.

Good Lord willing, some day the farm will belong to the wife and I, which eventually pass down to the next generation. It has been in the family since just before WWII.

Reactions: 4 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I grabbed the DeWalt leaf blower and cleaned the grill and then blew out the radiator. Makes quick and easy work.

The farm is share cropped. Once the grandparents passed, my dad and aunt didn't have the time to farm it themselves. My dad end up buying my aunt's half of the farm. Grandparents use to raise cattle (about 30 head), pigs, and chicken. As they got older they went from livestock to just row cropping.

Good Lord willing, some day the farm will belong to the wife and I, which eventually pass down to the next generation. It has been in the family since just before WWII.
Very cool. In the future, what uses do you think, that you and misses will do with it? Meaning row crop or going back to livestock etc.

Every year, I see big farm and ranches broken up and sold into smaller parcels, at some point its going to effect food production/food security.
The commercial farms will get bigger, and can easily be devastating if disease or natural disaster would occur on/near the commercial farms.
Then all the orginal family farms that became fractured up so much over years, they just don't produce the livestock/crops like they did in the past.

One of the trends in my area, many livestock owners are walking away from it all together. The continued drought persists here.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
My garden froze a month ago, so today I removed all the wire tomato cages and bean towers, then cut everything with my rotary cutter. After that, I removed and stored my cutter for the season, then attached my Fred Cain plow and ripped the garden deep. I like to do this in the fall, so winter moisture soaks into the ground. A good morning’s work.
"Fred Cain plow"????
Is that the Fred Cain (5 or 7 shank) field cultivator?

I bought a new 7 shank field cultivator, on E-Bay, ....from Sweet Farm Equipment,.... in Canmer, Kentucky.
Ken Sweet assured me that it was equal to the Fred Cain cultivator.
Pure hogwash.
A total POS....made in India!

Sure wish I had opted for the Fred Cain cultivator.

Last edited:

tinman65202

Equipment
2005 Kubota M4800SU,Case 930, 870, Ford 8N, 800, 862, 4000, IH 504, MF175, A
Nov 4, 2023
Missouri
I just purchased a 2005 M4800su with 760 hrs on the clock at a local auction yesterday.
So today I unloaded the Kubota from the trailer, and drove for the first time today, I also was able to get my wife on the M4800 and she loved it :)

Now I need to find a LA1002 FEL

Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I just purchased a 2005 M4800su with 760 hrs on the clock at a local auction yesterday.
So today I unloaded the Kubota from the trailer, and drove for the first time today, I also was able to get my wife on the M4800 and she loved it :)

Now I need to find a LA1002 FEL
Trying to find a used LA1002 FEL?
Nobody takes a loader off their tractor to sell it separately!
Good luck!
May be easier to find a diamond in your Rice Krispies.

• Dislike

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Very cool. In the future, what uses do you think, that you and misses will do with it? Meaning row crop or going back to livestock etc.

Every year, I see big farm and ranches broken up and sold into smaller parcels, at some point its going to effect food production/food security.
The commercial farms will get bigger, and can easily be devastating if disease or natural disaster would occur on/near the commercial farms.
Then all the orginal family farms that became fractured up so much over years, they just don't produce the livestock/crops like they did in the past.

One of the trends in my area, many livestock owners are walking away from it all together. The continued drought persists here.
It depends, if we get the full 80 acres or just half.

The wife has always wanted to raise chickens, so that will happen. IF we get the full 80, then half will stay in row crops, 20 acres will go to garden, chickens, pigs, and the other 20 will either go into conservation program for 7 years, could go into hay production, or it could be row cropped.

Right now my wife is struggling with some health issues that has had her unable to drive since July. She undergoes surgery at the end of November and will be in wheelchair for three months and hopefully after that she will start to get some of her mobility back.

So, lots of things in flux, but we know the good Lord has a plan and we are just trying to roll with it. We continue to make plans and budget accordingly so when the opportunity opens up we will be in a position to take advantage of it.

Reactions: 2 users