What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
This is one of the fields up by the road. I normally mow it a couple of times a year. Would usually mow it a bit later but I drive by it every day and the saplings in one section were irritating me.

The front that’s supposed to drop rain on us today and tomorrow isn’t making for an ideal weekend. Thinking it will be worth it plus some if it turns Lee out to sea as predicted.
IMG_1219.jpeg

However, that means up at 6:00 to beat the rain. Made it to the shed to pick up the bush hog about 6:30.
IMG_1217.jpeg
IMG_1221.jpeg

Much better. This little section of field is the only area on the whole place near a neighbor’s house. Not sure if they were happy with 7am Saturday morning mowing or not. They didn’t say anything about it. 🤷‍♂️ Sorry neighbor! 😬
IMG_1222.jpeg

While I had the bush hog on, I drove down a couple of the grassier trails just to clean them up a little. I now know it is fall here because this is blooming. I’ve always heard it called Indian Paintbrush but I’m no botanist. I just know when it shows up in the creek bottoms here: it’s fall.
IMG_1224.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Basic little tractor stuff. Gonna let some of the lawn go back to nature. Not used since the kids are grown and the grandkids do not seem the yard types. New trend is to let lawns go back to nature so it may help resale. The family friendly grass around the house stays the same. May let the back go even further next summer. It has been decades since a tent was pitched down there. I do not mind getting rid of the pucker angles. Left , right side and far back are a couple of weeks old. Hill is way steeper than it looks.
lawn.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Cut up a tree top that was blown down a couple of weeks ago in a wind storm. Got 2 nice 80" logs out of it. Will make some good firewood.

10_20_16.jpg

Then worked on the pull behind mower. One of the bearings went out and I was trying to remove the blade mounting plate to pull the spindle out. I tried using a puller, but that didn't work. Going to ask a friend if I can bring it over and have him heat it up, I don't have a torch. Took me a little while to find a 2x6 short enough for a safety.

13_26_26.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

06B3030

Equipment
B3030, LA403, BH75, York Rake, Plug Aerator, 6' Rear Mower, Forks, Weight Box
Sep 21, 2015
MA
Cut up a tree top that was blown down a couple of weeks ago in a wind storm. Got 2 nice 80" logs out of it. Will make some good firewood.

View attachment 111178

Then worked on the pull behind mower. One of the bearings went out and I was trying to remove the blade mounting plate to pull the spindle out. I tried using a puller, but that didn't work. Going to ask a friend if I can bring it over and have him heat it up, I don't have a torch. Took me a little while to find a 2x6 short enough for a safety.

View attachment 111181
I use a couple heavy straps looped through a chain hooked on my bucket to clean the deck of my zero turn. I just lift the front up, and lock the FEL controls. I mulch with it so it needs to be cleaned every so often.

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Put the grapple on so I could beef up the pallet it was on and add castors to the bottom to make it mobile.

20230909_163528.jpg

20230909_153904.jpg

20230909_174312.jpg

Put the trailer on to move a few things around the property.

20230909_163607.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

.John

Equipment
L2502
Sep 4, 2023
East Tennessee
Used my new L2502 to mow the lawn (3.5 acres) for the first time today. I am loving the fuel efficiency compared to the old 1948 Ford I’ve been using for the last 8 years.

Reactions: 6 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The LED headlight bulbs are a SIMPLE SWAP! Just twist the locking ring and the bulb comes right out in the socket. Grab the bulb, push in, and turn to remove it. Reverse to install the new LED bulbs.

View attachment 111134
Nope!
If you curently have regular fluorescent bulbs, you will need to rewire the fixtures to bypass the ballasts for LED's.
Very simple to do though.

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Today was tree day,. Got everything on the ground, but I've got a huge mess to clean up, in my neighbors yard. No pictures of the tractor work but I took a before picture of the cluster of maples near my garage my brother and I took down amd a picture just before we dropped the last stick. He's getting into climbing as a hobby and was able to limb everything to a point that we where comfortable with dropping. These things where leaning every which way with power lines, my garage and my neighbors garage all in the "danger zone." The kubota was used for dragging the brush with slings attached to the 3ph into the woods where I pushed it up into an existing pile with the FEL Then I used the fel to move the chunks we where able to buck. One large pile of bursh left in the neighbors yard to deal with tomorrow and a lot of chunks of the trunks but that should go relatively easy now that everything is on the ground. The little b7100 is worth its weight in gold for jobs like this, it may be slower then it's bigger cousin's and I lack a grapple but hand shelping all the brush and logs would be weeks of work so I'll take what I can get

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This is one of the fields up by the road. I normally mow it a couple of times a year. Would usually mow it a bit later but I drive by it every day and the saplings in one section were irritating me.

The front that’s supposed to drop rain on us today and tomorrow isn’t making for an ideal weekend. Thinking it will be worth it plus some if it turns Lee out to sea as predicted. View attachment 111147
However, that means up at 6:00 to beat the rain. Made it to the shed to pick up the bush hog about 6:30. View attachment 111148 View attachment 111149
Much better. This little section of field is the only area on the whole place near a neighbor’s house. Not sure if they were happy with 7am Saturday morning mowing or not. They didn’t say anything about it. 🤷‍♂️ Sorry neighbor! 😬 View attachment 111150
While I had the bush hog on, I drove down a couple of the grassier trails just to clean them up a little. I now know it is fall here because this is blooming. I’ve always heard it called Indian Paintbrush but I’m no botanist. I just know when it shows up in the creek bottoms here: it’s fall. View attachment 111151
Certainly a very beautiful wild plant!

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
While I had the bush hog on, I drove down a couple of the grassier trails just to clean them up a little. I now know it is fall here because this is blooming. I’ve always heard it called Indian Paintbrush but I’m no botanist. I just know when it shows up in the creek bottoms here: it’s fall. View attachment 111151
I believe this striking red native species is Lobelia cardinalis, Cardinal flower, Indian Pink, Lobelia.

lobelia-cardinalis

OH, and don't eat it. :oops:

Poison Severity:MediumPoison Symptoms:TOXIC ONLY IF LARGE QUANTITIES EATEN. Nausea, depression, vomiting, diarrhea, salivation, exhaustion and weakness, dilation of pupils, convulsions, and coma, abdominal pain, heart rhythm disturbances.Poison Toxic Principle:Alkaloids lobelamine, lobeline, and others, plus a volatile oilCauses Contact Dermatitis:NoPoison Part:FlowersFruitsLeavesRootsSap/JuiceSeedsStems

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
That little trailer looks mighty handy.
My main reason for buying it was it is the perfect size to haul a water tote around the property but I didn't use it once this summer for that purpose since we had so much rain but it's been great for general use.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
The LED headlight bulbs are a SIMPLE SWAP! Just twist the locking ring and the bulb comes right out in the socket. Grab the bulb, push in, and turn to remove it. Reverse to install the new LED bulbs.

View attachment 111134
Put some just like those on my little Husqvarna riding mower. (It's orange too, so I think I'm allowed to mention it in here.) They probably will greatly improve visibility as long as the bucket isn't in the way. I find myself normally running with the bucket smack dab in the middle of the headlight beams. All I can see is the back of the bucket when I turn them on. Yeah, I know, too high for a loaded bucket, but I don't remember ever having a loaded bucket after dark. One of the reasons I haven't spent the money for work lights on the LX.

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
9ADB508C-F952-4330-878F-A0CE3AF061DF.jpeg

Tree trimming today

Edit: forgot to add the dang thing wouldn’t start this morning, can’t believe the battery has only lasted 10 years 😂.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL

The front that’s supposed to drop rain on us today and tomorrow isn’t making for an ideal weekend. Thinking it will be worth it plus some if it turns Lee out to sea as predicted. View attachment 111147
However, that means up at 6:00 to beat the rain. Made it to the shed to pick up the bush hog about 6:30. View attachment 111148 View attachment 111149
Much better. This little section of field is the only area on the whole place near a neighbor’s house. Not sure if they were happy with 7am Saturday morning mowing or not. They didn’t say anything about it. 🤷‍♂️ Sorry neighbor! 😬 View attachment 111150
That looks an awful lot like a variation of Salvia. We grow the black/blue variation for the hummingbirds and bumblebees. Had I known how invasive it was, I'd never have let the missus put it in the beds with the azaleas. Got a mess to dig up this fall after first frost. Next time it gets cultivated, it's gonna get a plastic border put around it to prevent spreading so quickly. A section from a 5 gallon bucket should do nicely to prevent the rhizomes from spreading.