What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I pulled the pump jack & pipe out of a newly discovered well. The well is 28’ deep with 11’ of water. I’ll get a pump & see how good this well might be. Sure could use the water now.
IMG_8978.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I made it. I just rolled some 16 gauge sheet steel to the size I needed. I welded the cylinder, but left a tab extending out (like the number 6). Welded a disk on the bottom & painted an odd shade of orange. I attached 2-100lb magnets (from Amazon) to the tab. It hasn’t moved a mm. I mounted a holster with the same magnets to the inside of the fender, same result, very solid.
IMG_7281.jpeg

IMG_7280.jpeg

Reactions: 12 users

hatfieldsminifarm

Equipment
B2650hstd with fel, landpride box blade, lp 3rd function kit, es pallet forks
Apr 16, 2023
Hart county ky
i used the fel on my b2650 to load a refrigerator onto my enclosed trailer, as well as a box of number 2 copper wire, and some other misc scrap. moved my log splitter in to the garage to get it out of the rain. and took the trash up to the road.

Reactions: 1 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Bussey week so far. Our youngest son came over Monday to help me cut down dying trees and trees that the tops came out of in last Sunday night's storm. I finished up the down trees by my self yesterday. View attachment 108923
We dropped around 20 trees along our 6/10s of a mile drive. Cut them in to logs for the local saw mill to pickup. I will cut the tops when the weather is colder. I have plenty cut and dry for this winter to heat the shop.
View attachment 108925
42 logs in the pile. The one on the right was to heavy for my 2501 with 6' bush hog on the back to lift.
Today we received some much needed rain. 2" so far and more coming over night tonight. I am taking my chain saw with me to church just in case the storms tonight bring down anything else.
Going to start swaping an engine for our daughter tomorrow.

Nice pile of logs. What wood species are they ??

gg

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
They are all oak. We had 4 that were hollow and left them lay. The bears will take them apart for the grubs and ants.
I unloaded 40 cinder block today that my son borrowed back in the spring. They were stacked on a pallet setting in a friends field. I backed up to the stack and started loading them on the truck. Got down to the last 3 block and a small Skunk stuck his head out. I backed up to the drivers door of my truck and thought now what? I wanted to clean things up so he could get another cutting of hay. I remembered I had a new can of wasp spray in the back seat. I sprayed the skunk several times and he headed out through the field with a few extra shots to keep him moving and finished loading.
Changed the oil and filter in the truck after lunch, because I have a 250 mile trip tomorrow and back on Saturday. The truck only has 321,000 on it so I have to be nice to it once in a wile.

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
They are all oak. We had 4 that were hollow and left them lay. The bears will take them apart for the grubs and ants.
I unloaded 40 cinder block today that my son borrowed back in the spring. They were stacked on a pallet setting in a friends field. I backed up to the stack and started loading them on the truck. Got down to the last 3 block and a small Skunk stuck his head out. I backed up to the drivers door of my truck and thought now what? I wanted to clean things up so he could get another cutting of hay. I remembered I had a new can of wasp spray in the back seat. I sprayed the skunk several times and he headed out through the field with a few extra shots to keep him moving and finished loading.
Changed the oil and filter in the truck after lunch, because I have a 250 mile trip tomorrow and back on Saturday. The truck only has 321,000 on it so I have to be nice to it once in a wile.
Gave him a dose of his own medicine :)

Reactions: 1 user

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
had a crappy week with the kubotas.

Sewer line job was supposed to be 6 feet deep. Got out a tape measure and it was 8' plus. No big deal right? Wrong! The new gas line was installed directly on top of the sewer line. :mad: That creates a real problem. I couldn't bench the right side of the trench and had limited room on the left side due to the water service. I knew we were in trouble and suggested we don't even start and just get a larger machine.

Well, we were encouraged to try. Started digging and found this lovely mess. It was completely covered by ground (the cap you see was our plug we used when we uncovered it.) Yes, the black line you see directly behind the risers is the gas line and yellow trace.

H4-MAK627-2.JPG

I kept digging (cautiously) and we had shoring in place to make the connection at the house foundation. We were going to skirt the new line out and then back in to the connection at the curb to try to get away from the gas line. The cast iron trap had an additional abandoned sewer connection as well as a very old rain leader. Evidently, they ran them as a common when the house was built. We didn't get very far the first day.

Second day, the guys were working at the foundation (inside the shoring) while I continued to dig with the U-27. The right side of the trench caved in. Almost took the new gas meter with it. :mad: It happened in a millisecond without warning. The guys were safe but we all were shaken up. That was it for me.

We backfilled the entire trench, covered it with heavy mil plastic, then threw the dirt mats over top in order to try to keep everything dry. Will be back at it next week with the large rented mule and trench boxes.

H4-MAK627-4.JPG

To add insult to (non) injury, the last bit of concrete and trap got stuck in my truck bed while I was dumping it out....GRRRRR

H4-MAK627-3.JPG

the next morning, I was on to another job to re-route some sump and rain leaders...I was the only one that showed up. No one let me know that the job had been re-scheduled. GRRRRRRRRR

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I forgot to post this awhile ago sorry. For all of you that have a backhoe on back. Reverse your pads for soil work. Wow, what a difference in traction. Machine stays planted - makes it harder to crab yourself around but it’s worth it. I just use a hitch pin on the other side of the pad pin.

IMG_0345.jpeg

frysl

Equipment
L3301 LA525 FEL & FDR1672 6' Finish Mower
Jun 13, 2016
Sumner County, TN
Made another big pile of tops a small pile of future mulch thanks to my PTO driven chipper.
IMG_6665.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I forgot to post this awhile ago sorry. For all of you that have a backhoe on back. Reverse your pads for soil work. Wow, what a difference in traction. Machine stays planted - makes it harder to crab yourself around but it’s worth it. I just use a hitch pin on the other side of the pad pin.

View attachment 109122
Not sure what I am seeing here.
That appears to show the normal way for the pads on my L48 TLB.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Going to mow grass and then I have a few trees that need to be pulled out.

20230812_161627.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Hi!

It wouldn't take much to make some diy pads out of 3/8" thick angle iron and drill some holes. That way you will not be messing up that pretty Kuboter Orange paint.
Once my 23s arrives, rubber pads are on the list to make.