What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
That's good news. Hopefully they'll kick in something for your troubles.
So far no luck, I know Kubota won't pay the dealer shit for the repairs so I'll do it solo since I have a good relationship with my dealer and don't feel like waiting weeks for repair. I did ask for the MI Regional Rep's info to complain about this and the hose issue I had when I first started so we'll see.

I know it is futile figuring out how it could have happened but it would be interesting to see if that bracket could be put in upside down in the weld fixture. It is almost like it was done on purpose , for what ever reason, upset employee, April fools joke, to see if the quality control people were doing their job etc. How it got past the inspectors, cleaners, paint shop is crazy.

I am glad it's being resolved for you.
Maybe I got the "how not to do it" sample at the factory 😂 the sad thing is, had I not purchased a backhoe, this would have gone unnoticed and my warranty would have expired before I ever figured it out. Ironically, the ~$10k backhoe resulted in $2k cost avoidance benefit 😂

Reactions: 2 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
PXL_20230501_172602355~2.jpg
This one looks like it'll work. Heavy SOB too

Reactions: 4 users

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
So far no luck, I know Kubota won't pay the dealer shit for the repairs so I'll do it solo since I have a good relationship with my dealer and don't feel like waiting weeks for repair. I did ask for the MI Regional Rep's info to complain about this and the hose issue I had when I first started so we'll see.

Maybe I got the "how not to do it" sample at the factory 😂 the sad thing is, had I not purchased a backhoe, this would have gone unnoticed and my warranty would have expired before I ever figured it out. Ironically, the ~$10k backhoe resulted in $2k cost avoidance benefit 😂
You’d think they could at least give you like the next service filters and a hat. That wouldn’t cost them much, and it’d be a nice token gesture.

Reactions: 1 user

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
I dugout the last few stumps holding me up from grading for a small pond in my bee food plot.
Started some grading and then had to go to several meetings. I will be back at it tomorrow after removing 4 bee hives so I can replace the hive stand.

Reactions: 3 users

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Just got a Frostbite grapple to replace the Thumb that is on my forks since it has broken another weld and it doesn’t grab logs like the new one does

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
Unloading a trailer from a trailer cause your trailer had a failure.
Grapple and straps I find more flexible and useful than a bucket with hooks.
Loaded by hand with the hand winch and my grunt power. Ugh...

the failure (ouch)

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
You’d think they could at least give you like the next service filters and a hat. That wouldn’t cost them much, and it’d be a nice token gesture.
I would hope so, at least give me all the filters since I just shelled out $150 for a pail of super udt2. I asked for the regional rep's number but my dealer wouldn't give it to me. Said they'd relay my message to have him call me but I doubt that will happen tbh. At least I got my frame mount quickly.

The dealer did ask for me to return my old frame mount, not sure what the rules are there but I thought generally customers could hang onto replacement parts... Not sure what the rules are for replacements under warranty.

@Old_Paint this is a few of what we are getting, of course they don’t even make it to the house 😂

View attachment 101521
Awesome! Bet they taste better than store bought and a much better activity than being glued to the TV!

Reactions: 1 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan

the failure (ouch)

Overtorqued the lugs eh? 😂

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia

the failure (ouch)

Holy cow. Bet that was exciting for a bit.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Well we are just settling into new digs and the tractor has been great for moving boxes from the regular garage to the one in the basement on the other side of the house. Because we have to traverse part of the lawn to get there, the weather has limited the number of moving days.

One issue that looks like serious tractor time is in the rear yard.
backyard pratt st 20230502_115654.jpg

Just past where the grass stops and the woods starts is a swale of sorts. The PO told me it gets wet there when there is a lot of rain. We have had plenty of rain this past week. You can see where I ventured into it yesterday to start clearing. Now its a mud wrestling pit.

There isn't real running water there - it just kind of walking water :) slowly moving from left to right for several hundred feet. I'm thinking of piping and covering at least 50-100 feet so the dogs can have a fenced in area going deep into the woods. It would also allow me to take the tractor back there.

I'm not sure what an economical pipe solution looks like. There would be ~18" of material covering in where the tractor traveled. For the unpiped area would 4" rock fill work to keep it from getting muddy? Is that 'rubber' piping strong enough?

Last edited:

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
@Old_Paint this is a few of what we are getting, of course they don’t even make it to the house 😂

View attachment 101521
I'm guessing there's already a few missing from that handful.

May be onto something with our lack of strawberry success. Turns out, the 'rule book' says don't fertilize in the spring, only in fall, AND we've probably got them too thick in the planter. We had a hard freeze this year, and a very late frost, neither of which seems to had dampened the spirits of the plants. They've completely covered the planter and are already threatening to move next door. It's hard to get through the foliage to find the berries. I'm guessing the fruit itself needs a bit of direct sunlight. They look like they start to rot from the stem end, but they don't do it until they're nearly ripe. I keep telling the missus maybe we pick them before they get ripe, just before they start turning red, and just let 'em ripen in the house. Dunno. We may be over watering as well, but the rain we've had doesn't give us much choice in the matter. Hard to move a planter that weighs nearly a ton out of the rain.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Well we are just settling into new digs and the tractor has been great for moving boxes from the regular garage to the one in the basement on the other side of the house. Because we have to traverse part of the lawn to get there, the weather has limited the number of moving days.

One issue that looks like serious tractor time is in the rear yard.
View attachment 101524

Just past where the grass stops and the woods starts is a swale of sorts. The PO told me it gets wet there when there is a lot of rain. We have had plenty of rain this past week. You can see where I ventured into it yesterday to start clearing. Now its a mud wrestling pit.

There isn't real running water there - it just kind of walking water :) slowly moving from left to right for several hundred feet. I'm thinking of piping and covering at least 50-100 feet so the dogs can have a fenced in area going deep into the woods. It would also allow me to take the tractor back there.

I'm not sure what an economical pipe solution looks like. There would be ~18" of material covering in where the tractor traveled. For the unpiped area would 4" rock fill work to keep it from getting muddy? Is that 'rubber' piping strong enough?
Reminds me of what I started with when I bought my place in 2004, except my poison ivy was larger than some of your undergowth. There were places there was NO WAY I could walk through. The neighboring yards all drain across my lot, so like you, I'm trying to figure out a way to get rid of some of the run-off, and get control of the erosion it has caused.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I know some say not to do this, but I had to use the 3pt to tow for the last couple hours, and dang, the tractor almost stalled when I was making the climb up the hill in low gear, 4wd, and rear diff locked. I know the near stall was my fault, I was only running 2100rpm, should have been at 2600/2700 and on the rough sections on the hill I could hear the 3pt links swaying/clinking.

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
A lot of tractor time today. I finished grading the pond/catch bason. Then started another burn pile with trees we had already cut down. Dug about 6 stumps and pulled miles of wild grape vines out of the big trees. The one had a 6' root at the ground. There are still several more like that one. Back at it tomorrow morning before the rain starts Thursday.

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
Got more of the pile chipped on Saturday and the rain started on Sunday. By Monday afternoon we had just over 4 inches of rain. I'll need to wait for things to dry out before I can get back to it. It was so deep in the field that I saw a fish swimming around. I border a small river and we usually get some water in the spring. But from what I'm told it hasn't been this high in about 20 years.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users