What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Drilled some fence corner posts today. The L4701 will run a Lowe 1650E.
D271770B-BE74-4D18-B253-E4154DAC197C.jpeg
70D1B4AB-81CC-4604-AFE1-C206DFE89AB9.jpeg

Reactions: 11 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
F7E7546F-1C43-4FD8-B536-0FC29CD65D83.jpeg

It was another miscellaneous day for the L. Forked a mouse infested old dryer onto the pickup to haul to the dump, forked a 250lb concrete turtle from one side of the yard to another because that’s what wife wanted. Still didn’t make it to chipping the big brush pile but did ride around and chipped a dozen or so small piles that hadn’t been aggregated to the big pile yet.

Reactions: 8 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I felt the same way 3 years ago, however, I am now looking for a senior dog that needs a good home to live out the rest of its day with me. Unfortunately, senior dogs are not that easy to find unless you want a pit bull or pit bull mix. I love Labs, and most people don't realize that they come in a few flavors, chocolate, vanilla, licorice, and cream. Then there are the crazy Meth Labs that will drive you crazy wanting attention.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I felt the same way 3 years ago, however, I am now looking for a senior dog that needs a good home to live out the rest of its day with me. Unfortunately, senior dogs are not that easy to find unless you want a pit bull or pit bull mix. I love Labs, and most people don't realize that they come in a few flavors, chocolate, vanilla, licorice, and cream. Then there are the crazy Meth Labs that will drive you crazy wanting attention.
"Meth Lab`s" LOL, i had one like that. She was a goofy girl, but oh man she was VERY loyal.

Yeah i gave that some thought a few times to get an older dog. I`m a huge dog lover. My biggest problem is how attached i become to them. Mans best friend thing ya know. Its just this last one damn near did me in when i lost her. I don`t think i could go thru that again. It would kill me.

Reactions: 1 user

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
I do not understand the problem....in Florida!
Last time we went Florida I got anxious to go home and do things with the tractor. It was in March that year and when we came home there was still 30 plus inches of snow on the ground!

• Wow

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Last time we went Florida I got anxious to go home and do things with the tractor. It was in March that year and when we came home there was still 30 plus inches of snow on the ground!
I suffer from the very same (no tractor) anxiety when I am in Florida.... all Winter.
Another month now, and I'll be back up North to play with my big toys.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
AMEN! Best dogs i`ve ever had.
Just lost my girl recently. I won`t be getting another dog. The loss of my last girl took to much out of me.

At my age, another dog will outlive me. I don`t want to leave a best friend behind, for someone else to not love it like i would.

I am 82, and my Sadie (avatar) will be 4 years old in July.
I do expect her to outlive me, but if not, I would absolutely look for a "used" Lab......as long as I can still walk.

We adopted a 3-1/2 year old "used" Lab a few years ago, and as Labs always are, he was a delightful boy.

We found that oh so sweet guy, through Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida (LRROF), and that is where I shall search again, if need be.
LROOF is a wonderful non profit, that I now donate to.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Grading bucket finally came in so I was off to the dealer this am.

View attachment 98289

View attachment 98290

View attachment 98291

Should be good to go now and spent the afternoon at the neighbors cleaning up around his new driveway. Grubbed some trees, boulders etc while rocking out to my playlist. A good day.

View attachment 98292
Is your 24" BH bucket nearly new?
I see that it has inside corner stiffeners.
My 24" Kubota bucket (2006) is OEM, but without those.
Wondering if fabrication has changed/improved?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
"Meth Lab`s" LOL, i had one like that. She was a goofy girl, but oh man she was VERY loyal.

Yeah i gave that some thought a few times to get an older dog. I`m a huge dog lover. My biggest problem is how attached i become to them. Mans best friend thing ya know. Its just this last one damn near did me in when i lost her. I don`t think i could go thru that again. It would kill me.
...old men miss many dogs...:(

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Is your 24" BH bucket nearly new?
I see that it has inside corner stiffeners.
My 24" Kubota bucket (2006) is OEM, but without those.
Wondering if fabrication has changed/improved?
Yes, it's new. I believe it may be due to a change in manufacturer? I think the new buckets are obtained form werk-brau. My thumb even has a "WB" stamped into it just before the Kubota p/n.

I thought that the older buckets were made by Gannon.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yes, it's new. I believe it may be due to a change in manufacturer? I think the new buckets are obtained form werk-brau. My thumb even has a "WB" stamped into it just before the Kubota p/n.

I thought that the older buckets were made by Gannon.
Yup.....I think you have solved my curiosity issue!
Probably was Gannon in those years passed.
My hyd. thumb was made/installed in Maine for BH original owner, and is 1st class.

I have a new Kubota 16" bucket (like yours), and think it is WB, but am currently far away from it.

I am likely going to buy a frost/root ripper next month.
If something like that interests you, go to ...... XOthumbs.com.
They are in Carrollton, GA, and make what I am thinking is the best bang for the buck, 28" depth capable ripper (their website shows $1095 shipped,..... but $1,000 on phone).

I have some large stumps/roots to remove, and open pit root mining is something I want to avoid.

Last edited:

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Moved a universal machine from our house to the shop so it will be in a common area for everyone on the property to use. Last time I moved this thing (about 15 years ago) I had to move it through a normal 36” door so I had to totally dismantle it into about 500 pieces, label everything, and reconstruct it in its new location. Thankfully, this time both old location and new location have 9’ x 10’ garage doors so today was just four bolts to break it into two large pieces, dollies for the floors, and forks for the space between buildings. From a weight standpoint could have moved it in one piece, but looking at the structure of the weight machine not splitting it appeared unwise from a structural integrity perspective.

Of course this thing was not designed to be moved with forks so, with an old piece of plywood between the load and the fork rack, threw a couple ratchet straps on it to marry it to the fork rack for the trip.

The other piece, flipped the plywood down on the forks to make a tray and set it up there.
DE772EF2-5958-426D-A440-153E86823228.jpeg
2A227EFD-1313-4BA1-BF72-1BEC2F7642A9.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I feel the same way about Florida. It is said that Florida is G_d's waiting room, and I am not ready to check out anytime soon, so I stay out of Florida. My wife went to Florida a few days ago and I stayed home to take care of the imaginary dog that we don't have. Spent some time looking for a dog, but came up empty. I did find a Burmese Mountain Dog / Great Pyrenees mix, however, it was a little too large for my liking.

Reactions: 1 users