What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Cut down another Blonded Ash today, third one this weekend. I have so many to cut, I don't think I will get to all of them this year.

Not a very clear picture, don't know why happen.

16_05_47.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Labs are nice dogs, but I’m partial to Aussies.
I tried to convince my wife to go for a lab after my Freya died last fall. She had her mind set on a doodle. :rolleyes: So, we compromised and got a couple aussie doodles (sisters). F1b if I remember correctly. I mean, they're sweeties and I love them, but they're no labs.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I tried to convince my wife to go for a lab after my Freya died last fall. She had her mind set on a doodle. :rolleyes: So, we compromised and got a couple aussie doodles (sisters). F1b if I remember correctly. I mean, they're sweeties and I love them, but they're no labs.
Wow, I’ve never heard of an Aussie doodle.

lakehouse_dreaming

Equipment
L3901HST, LA525 FEL, RGA1258 tiller, RCR1860 rotary cutter
Nov 2, 2021
Tore out one of the 3 rows of muscadine vines. Then got the garden spot tilled up and ready to plant either this weekend or next
IMG_6585[1].JPG

IMG_6584[1].JPG

IMG_6594[1].JPG

Reactions: 23 users

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Wow, I’ve never heard of an Aussie doodle.
They're doodling everything these days. It started with the labradoodle and exploded from there. Labradoodles, golden doodles, aussie doodles... I think I've seen something like a bichon doodle... I'm surprised the pit doodle isn't all the rage these days.

tacticalturnip

Equipment
Kioti CK2610
Jan 19, 2023
NW Atlantic
They're doodling everything these days. It started with the labradoodle and exploded from there. Labradoodles, golden doodles, aussie doodles... I think I've seen something like a bichon doodle... I'm surprised the pit doodle isn't all the rage these days.
Saint Berdoodle

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
"Sadie" is my avatar..
She is a nearly pure white Lab sweetheart.....now 3yrs. old.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Reactions: 1 user

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
Did you misplace your forks?
We got a pretty big snow and the town plow that turns around in my driveway was running out of places to put the snow. So they pushed to a new spot, burying my forks. I didn’t realize it until I went looking for them. 🤣

lakehouse_dreaming

Equipment
L3901HST, LA525 FEL, RGA1258 tiller, RCR1860 rotary cutter
Nov 2, 2021
Very nice job. I had to pick out a tree/branch from first pic to compare to the revised pic…wow, hard to believe how it turned out…seedbed/garden looks great. Good call on the grill guard / grapple 😉. 🥃
Thank you sir! I wish I would have been smart enough to take a true before photo but I got too excited to play with the grapple. I tilled the garden one pass last weekend because It is a new garden and let it sit for a week and then hit it again this past weekend N/S then E/W and one last time N/S. I am happy with how it is shaping up. Now to put some T post and a fence around it to keep those pesky deer out. They are part of the reason I am taking out the muscadine vines. They eat everyone once they get ripe and I only get a hand full if I am lucky.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Moved a universal machine from our house to the shop so it will be in a common area for everyone on the property to use. Last time I moved this thing (about 15 years ago) I had to move it through a normal 36” door so I had to totally dismantle it into about 500 pieces, label everything, and reconstruct it in its new location. Thankfully, this time both old location and new location have 9’ x 10’ garage doors so today was just four bolts to break it into two large pieces, dollies for the floors, and forks for the space between buildings. From a weight standpoint could have moved it in one piece, but looking at the structure of the weight machine not splitting it appeared unwise from a structural integrity perspective.

Of course this thing was not designed to be moved with forks so, with an old piece of plywood between the load and the fork rack, threw a couple ratchet straps on it to marry it to the fork rack for the trip.

The other piece, flipped the plywood down on the forks to make a tray and set it up there.
View attachment 98382 View attachment 98383
I think in days of old they used such machines to torture their enemies!

• Wow
  • Haha

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Added a chainsaw carrier to my rear basket. Handy to be able to be carry a small saw when I go down to the woods.

Won't have to go a mile and a half back to the shop to fetch a saw because of a tree down across the road/path. I could put a saw in the basket and strap it down, but I need that space for other things.

Easy to add a carrier and keeps the saw secure.

It tucks away fairly well. If my front bucket will clear the path, so will the saw.

Bannon7.jpg

Bannon9.jpg

Bannon10.jpg
Bannon13.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Added a chainsaw carrier to my rear basket. Handy to be able to be carry a small saw when I go down to the woods.

Won't have to go a mile and a half back to the shop to fetch a saw because of a tree down across the road/path. I could put a saw in the basket and strap it down, but I need that space for other things.

Easy to add a carrier and keeps the saw secure.

It tucks away fairly well. If my front bucket will clear the path, so will the saw.

View attachment 98498
View attachment 98499
View attachment 98500 View attachment 98501
That’s a nice addition. Not to change the topic, but what is the ‘yellow T handle’ in the bottom left of the frame of the last photo?

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Bucket, grapple, axe, shovel! No way the 2501 is moving that stump. I counted about 90 rings. See what the Super Duty can do tomorrow. Hoping to drag it out.
Before and after.....

20230317_101536.jpg

20230321_174939.jpg

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
That’s a nice addition. Not to change the topic, but what is the ‘yellow T handle’ in the bottom left of the frame of the last photo?

^^^^^

That's OK, I store a couple of lengths of chain in the cross-tube (brace) of my front loader. It's a convenient place to store chain without having to come up with an exterior location to carry them. On a compact tractor there is just so much 'real estate' to work with. So mounting a 'chain bucket' doesn't make sense.

Those two lengths of chain pretty much fill the tube. The only way to get them packed back IN the tube is with the chain hook tool.

Reaching in and pulling the chain OUT is no problem. Once it starts....gravity takes over. But putting it all back IN is like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube without the help of the chain hook to stuff all that chain back in place.

Naturally, I have to carry the chain hook with me.....so I just found a place to mount it out of the way.

Chain00.jpg

Chain Hook.jpg

Chain Hook1.jpg

Chain1.jpg

Chain3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users