What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Yesterday I added a Trex deck cutting edge to the FEL and today I threw 2" spacers on the rear of the BX, it does look a bit more 'tractor' with them on. Was a bit of a pain with the loaded tires and a simple floor jack, but was able to get them on. Hopefully this eliminates any possible issues I would have experienced this mowing season, as I do have some fairly slope-y sections of the yard.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Was able to get the tractor to the downed trees and started bringing 'firewood' size pieces to the curb.
20230127_141325.jpg

Then I impatiently went into the backyard and retrieved the grapple. Only dug up the yard a little :(

It's an awesome tool. I moved some of the dead chunks that were at the top of one of the trees and brought them into the woods. I'm making several wildlife habitats there. Just wish I had my chipper back to get rid of the pile of branches. . .
20230127_152827.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Yesterday I added a Trex deck cutting edge to the FEL and today I threw 2" spacers on the rear of the BX, it does look a bit more 'tractor' with them on. Was a bit of a pain with the loaded tires and a simple floor jack, but was able to get them on. Hopefully this eliminates any possible issues I would have experienced this mowing season, as I do have some fairly slope-y sections of the yard.
If you've got the 54" deck you may have to remove those spacers to mount the deck since the wider stance causes the tires to interfere with the wheels on the deck.

How'd the Trex work out? My UHMW edge is on its second winter, and is a bit roughened but working good as ever.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
So, I thought today would be a half day for a waste line repair...Look what I found!

Now it will be a second day for sure. One-call didn't do their job. Who puts a water line directly on top of the sewer main? And then, have two (orange paper, like tar paper pipe) waste lines coming into the main. Y

View attachment 94643

View attachment 94644

You can see where one them actually drops the "plunkies" right into the top of the 8" terra cotta main. WTF????

View attachment 94645

View attachment 94646
So, I thought today would be a half day for a waste line repair...Look what I found!

Now it will be a second day for sure. One-call didn't do their job. Who puts a water line directly on top of the sewer main? And then, have two (orange paper, like tar paper pipe) waste lines coming into the main. Y

View attachment 94643

View attachment 94644

You can see where one them actually drops the "plunkies" right into the top of the 8" terra cotta main. WTF????

View attachment 94645

View attachment 94646
The "paper"(tarred) pipe that you discovered is "Orangeburg".

Orangeburg pipe was particularly popular as a low cost sewer pipe, post WWII when steel and cast iron were still in somewhat short supply, and new building was booming.

Orangeburg was made from paper and tar.
It's useful life is usually about 40 years, after which pipe collapse becomes imminent.

It was essentially declared unsuitable for new septic system installations in the early 70"s.
My opinion: It was always just plain cheap junk!

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Day two of waste line from H_ll. Long day, but, got it put all back together. We found a "spot repair" on the waste line that someone had done previously. It was copper flashing wrapped around the tar paper pipe and "secured" with 3 wire "ties" that looked like fencing wire! :mad:

I mean holy smokes people.

H4-SUA231 pic5.JPG

H4-SUA231 pic10.JPG

H4-SUA231 pic6.JPG

Not much time to compact soil and it was still quite wet. I'll likely be back in the spring to finish it off and they want some "landscaping" done as well. All good, they can flush away now without fear.

H4-SUA231 pic14.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
The "paper"(tarred) pipe that you discovered is "Orangeburg".

Orangeburg pipe was particularly popular as a low cost sewer pipe, post WWII when steel and cast iron were still in somewhat short supply, and new building was booming.

Orangeburg was made from paper and tar.
It's useful life is usually about 40 years, after which pipe collapse becomes imminent.

It was essentially declared unsuitable for new septic system installations in the early 70"s.
My opinion: It was always just plain cheap junk!
You are correct sir. Thanks for clarifying the name. Orangeburg. That was it! It was mostly squashed but the "coup de grace" was another plumbing company that tried to snake the line. The snake just ate it up where the offset was. They likely drilled right through it with the snake. The homeowner said that the first plumbing company left with their tails between their legs and didn't want any part of the job after that. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Relocated the 3rd function couplings. They were sticking straight out the front. That interfered with the grapple too much for my liking. Gotta say, 511 Designz thought it out. I can still tilt the grill guard with everything hooked up. For $50 delivered it wasn't worth the time to whip something up myself.
20230127_195726.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Relocated the 3rd function couplings. They were sticking straight out the front. That interfered with the grapple too much for my liking. Gotta say, 511 Designz thought it out. I can still tilt the grill guard with everything hooked up. For $50 delivered it wasn't worth the time to whip something up myself.
I have been thinking about getting one of there bulkheads. How thick is the metal?

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
If you've got the 54" deck you may have to remove those spacers to mount the deck since the wider stance causes the tires to interfere with the wheels on the deck.

How'd the Trex work out? My UHMW edge is on its second winter, and is a bit roughened but working good as ever.
I believe I did my homework correctly, but maybe not.. I have a 60" MMM, and from what I gathered online, the 2" spacers will work with that mower deck? I could have someone help me pull it back down from storage, and check it, but I'm hoping come spring it will be okay.

As for the Trex edge, seems quite solid, its thick, so less of an edge at the moment, I'm sure with some additional wear it will start to become an edge, but we'll see, only used it for maybe 5 minutes of time being drug along the surface, still seems in new shape.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I believe I did my homework correctly, but maybe not.. I have a 60" MMM, and from what I gathered online, the 2" spacers will work with that mower deck? I could have someone help me pull it back down from storage, and check it, but I'm hoping come spring it will be okay.

As for the Trex edge, seems quite solid, its thick, so less of an edge at the moment, I'm sure with some additional wear it will start to become an edge, but we'll see, only used it for maybe 5 minutes of time being drug along the surface, still seems in new shape.
drig....drag...drug....???? :giggle:

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio

With the 60" mower you should be good. It's the 54" that has clearance problems.

I beveled the edge of my UHMW edge at about 30°, using my tablesaw. I left about 3/16", so it's not a 'knife' edge, and it'd have a bit more wear resistance. Seems to have worked...so far.

Reactions: 1 users

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
With the 60" mower you should be good. It's the 54" that has clearance problems.

I beveled the edge of my UHMW edge at about 30°, using my tablesaw. I left about 3/16", so it's not a 'knife' edge, and it'd have a bit more wear resistance. Seems to have worked...so far.

I upgraded my backup camera in my MX series tractor - I decided to get a bigger display and go with a wireless setup vs wired so far I really like it. :) Also gathering the stuff I need to convert my quick attach coupler to make it hydraulic operated.

Reactions: 2 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I had a friend stop down at my land and used my L2501 to open up some of my two track to my tractor shed. I use a wheelchair so its not an ideal situation for me to get my Jeep stuck on the way to the shed! :ROFLMAO: Now that we are in a weather pattern free from serious accumulations for a week to 10 days I hope to get some of my other trails cleared now that I can get to the shed. I think it was a good thing I did not try as he got his Chevy 4x4 truck stuck part way to the shed.

69654603938__B3514D10-581B-467D-AB2F-FED00D466BA2.jpeg

69654815566__19EA6730-1EE1-46FD-B2FB-C3ABF18BB907.jpeg

69655066111__D35BB664-34C2-43F5-9072-047E488BDFEC.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We went to the farm yesterday and dropped some old dead trees, cleared out more brush, and worked on pulling out more fence. We have to be careful cutting the trees and brush with all the fencing material mixed in. In addition, we found an old cattle feeder, a washing machine, and some other metal items that we just couldn't figure out what they belonged to.

Cutting trees.jpg

Moving log.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I upgraded my backup camera in my MX series tractor - I decided to get a bigger display and go with a wireless setup vs wired so far I really like it. :) Also gathering the stuff I need to convert my quick attach coupler to make it hydraulic operated.
You will love hydraulic operation of your SSQA. :giggle:

Reactions: 1 user

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
You will love hydraulic operation of your SSQA. :giggle:
Yeah our wheel loaders and skid steers all have the hydraulic couplers so this tractor is going to too because we switch between the buckets and forks all the time.

I'm also going to setup some way to operate the 3 point arms from the rear of the cab like the bigger tractors do. I don't know why Kubota doesn't off that it seems like it's needed on any cab tractor no matter what size it is.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I cut some firewood yesterday. I had dropped two logs to move some others before the ground got too soft and when I picked them back up, I got a lot of leaves. I didn't notice from the tractor, but it looked different from the front.
09_15_54.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
What brand of wireless backup camera did you use? I am thinking of adding one to my tractor this spring.