BEST BUY pop up ads

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
BEST BUY pop up ads.......started appearing this morning on ORANGE TRACTOR TALKS !!!!!

Makes it almost impossible to use the forum. Anyone else dealing with this???

Last edited by a moderator:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
AS mentioned - a good pop up blocker saves a lot of space on the page and does a great job of allowing the user to read everything without interruption.

What internet platform are you using?

my screen is always clear - I have these running in the background
1674038607265.png

all are free and do not slow down any loading of pages.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
AS mentioned - a good pop up blocker saves a lot of space on the page and does a great job of allowing the user to read everything without interruption.

What internet platform are you using?

my screen is always clear - I have these running in the background View attachment 94192

all are free and do not slow down any loading of pages.
What blocker do you suggest

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
What blocker do you suggest
Need to know what platform you are using - if Chrome via google, I would suggest "Adblock" for chrome or any of the variations of "ad-block" there are many.

It installs easily and you can see what it is blocking and add to it's list manually if you wish. I also use a blocker for Youtube - same concept, runs in the background and allows videos to play one after another with ads.

Pop-ups can be blocked in the browser software itself by digging in settings and selecting how much you wish certain types to be blocked.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Need to know what platform you are using - if Chrome via google, I would suggest "Adblock" for chrome or any of the variations of "ad-block" there are many.

It installs easily and you can see what it is blocking and add to it's list manually if you wish. I also use a blocker for Youtube - same concept, runs in the background and allows videos to play one after another with ads.

Pop-ups can be blocked in the browser software itself by digging in settings and selecting how much you wish certain types to be blocked.
thanks installed

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I had one yesterday that started in lower left with what looked like cookies on the screen. Went all the way around the edges, then popped up a half page ad, I had to hunt for the small "x" to close.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I have an Asus router running Merlin firmware. With Diversion and Pixelserv loaded, ads are reduced to 1 pixel in size. Doesn't chew up resources, doesn't block the screen and doesn't trip "Disable your adblocker" complaints.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas

Yep.... AdBlocker and Google Chrome work well for me. (y)

Winkles_9

Equipment
Kubota L3301
Jun 24, 2021
Annandale MN
I've been using duckduckgo for many years. It blocks all the pop up ads and doesn't track you. You won't get targeted ads on other sites either.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A paid membership to OTT goes along way in helping with ad issues too!
Just saying! ;)

Reactions: 1 users

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Safari user here....Started seeing small BB ads with an 'X' close option (which didn't work) so a simple page refresh took care of it.

I may look into a new browser like duckduckgo (does it work with a Mac?) but I'm seriously looking into a new MacBook Pro, as the newest ones were announced yesterday :D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
To the 8 non paying members on this thread, and all the other reading and not replying:
How do you think the forum can operate if they don't have adds?
There is not a server space fairy out there handing out free space.
It costs money to keep a forum like this alive!
So as you block ads, just remember one day it might just disappear from the lack of funding.

I not saying not to block ads, I hate them too, but wouldn't it benefit you to help pay for the forum?
It's only $60 for a lifetime membership.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes it does! I am not getting those but I am getting ads from Etsy of photos for sale of almost naked or naked women.
Well we do try and make things interesting around here!
I really hope that's not a complaint... but if it is we'll try and do better in the future!

( FYI: We don't pick or make the ads they are really picked by the members search habits)

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
To the 8 non paying members on this thread, and all the other reading and not replying:
How do you think the forum can operate if they don't have adds?
There is not a server space fairy out there handing out free space.
It costs money to keep a forum like this alive!
So as you block ads, just remember one day it might just disappear from the lack of funding.

I not saying not to block ads, I hate them too, but wouldn't it benefit you to help pay for the forum?
It's only $60 for a lifetime membership.
Thanks for the reminder......just paid for the Lifetime membership!!!

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey everyone - are these ads still being intrusive (more than ads typically are)? I can ping the ad provider network we use and ask them to be rotated away. Ads should not be taking over the screen or otherwise popping into the main part of the forum here on OTT.

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
Hey everyone - are these ads still being intrusive (more than ads typically are)? I can ping the ad provider network we use and ask them to be rotated away. Ads should not be taking over the screen or otherwise popping into the main part of the forum here on OTT.
Things are back to normal.......The Best Buy only lasted less than 24 hours (at least that's my observation).