Sometimes you just have to say it...

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Really it just makes you want to order stuff online and skip the store. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

Reactions: 1 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
^^^^^

Haha.......!

You know cleaning the Restrooms can't be too far off.
I thought a nice post retirement job might be driving the Zamboni at the rink, until I realized that the person running the Zam also cleaned the bathrooms.....

• Love
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I know Costco now has self check out lanes but they have always had receipt checkers. I fount it funny that, prior to the self service lines, they checked receipts. Check your employees. They rang me up. Lol.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I know Costco now has self check out lanes but they have always had receipt checkers. I fount it funny that, prior to the self service lines, they checked receipts. Check your employees. They rang me up. Lol.
I think the point was to be sure you HAD a receipt, and not walking out as an honest person...if one wasn't.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I think the point was to be sure you HAD a receipt, and not walking out as an honest person...if one wasn't.
Ah, good point. Although I do remember them verifying big dollar items are on the receipt. Electronics, tools, stuff like that.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
. . .
Now, the local CVS tells us that a guy comes in once or twice a week, (for almost two years!) takes one or two qt bottles of beer, some snacks, and walks out saying "Touch me & I'll sue".
The cops aren't interested, especially with their 45min to 1 hr response time.
So all of us get to buy this POS his beer & snacks.
CVS will not allow employees to interfere.
If it were up to me, the guy would get one chance to put the stuff back & never return, or get a 230gr solution to the problem.

. . .
Sounds like there are others who feel the same:

Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Customer faces murder charge after shooting shoplifter who fought Dallas store employees

Courtesy: Fort Worth Star-Telegram archives /File photo
Amy McDaniel
Wed, November 30, 2022 at 11:32 AM

A customer accused of fatally shooting a shoplifter who was fighting with employees at a Family Dollar store in Dallas has been arrested and faces a murder charge, police said.
Police responded to the shooting just before 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Family Dollar store at 3200 S. Lancaster Road. When officers arrived they found a man lying in front of the store with a gunshot wound, police said in a news release Wednesday. The man died at the scene.
Police said their preliminary investigation determined a fight happened inside the store when employees confronted the man about items he was trying to steal.
The customer, Kevin Jackson Sr, 47, walked into the store, saw the fight, and then shot the man who had been accused of stealing, police said.
The man, whose name has not been released, stumbled outside the store and collapsed. He did not have any weapons, police said.
Jackson was arrested on suspicion of murder and taken to Lew Sterrett Jail.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas

Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Customer faces murder charge after shooting shoplifter who fought Dallas store employees

Amy McDaniel

A customer accused of fatally shooting a shoplifter who was fighting with employees at a Family Dollar store in Dallas has been arrested and faces a murder charge, police said.
Police responded to the shooting just before 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Family Dollar store at 3200 S. Lancaster Road. When officers arrived they found a man lying in front of the store with a gunshot wound, police said in a news release Wednesday. The man died at the scene.
Police said their preliminary investigation determined a fight happened inside the store when employees confronted the man about items he was trying to steal.
The customer, Kevin Jackson Sr, 47, walked into the store, saw the fight, and then shot the man who had been accused of stealing, police said.
The man, whose name has not been released, stumbled outside the store and collapsed. He did not have any weapons, police said.
There are very specific conditions under which you may 'lawfully' employ the use of 'Deadly Force'...in Texas.

Lacking more information, we simply can't say whether or not this was a 'good shoot'. But certainly not IF related to shoplifting/petty theft/misdemeanor theft alone.

I suspect the shooting was more related to the 'fight' alluded to.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Ah, good point. Although I do remember them verifying big dollar items are on the receipt. Electronics, tools, stuff like that.
I had them verify the numbers for a washer and dryer at home depot (box/ versus my receipt) because I didn't think something was right. Got home and unboxed the washer and dryer. 🧐🧐🧐🧐 They gave me the $750 dryer instead of the $350 one. They said I had the correct ones that I paid for. I only paid $700 plus tax for the pair. 😎😎😎😎

Reactions: 1 user

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
I’ve gone back into Costco to pay for stuff I put in my basket and didn’t get charged for. I also passed the receipt checker and had my blue marker line down it as proof.

Where do I fit in?
1669851606855.png

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I’ve gone back into Costco to pay for stuff I put in my basket and didn’t get charged for. I also passed the receipt checker and had my blue marker line down it as proof.

Where do I fit in?
View attachment 91469
I think you fit in as being overly honest!

What I think about, if I realize that I was under charged, which rarely happens, is that others have been accidentally over charged, so it all works out.

I have no doubt that I have been over charged and undercharged, without realizing it.

If I DO realize it, I will complain if I was over charged. IF I don't realize it, water over the dam I suppose.

That being said, I did unknowingly leave Home Depot with a $700 hot water heater in the not distant past. When I realized this I went back and made it right..my bad in some people's eyes, who may think I should have just let it be, but it was the right thing to do...

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
When I asked the teller about a price being 'a bit low', she said 'DON'T argue with the computer !!'. OK, just thought I'd ask... The error in my favour was $20 per item x quantity of 20 ,so $400.
Since then I 'don't argue with the computer' after all,computers are smarter than me, right ??

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
When I asked the teller about a price being 'a bit low', she said 'DON'T argue with the computer !!'. OK, just thought I'd ask... The error in my favour was $20 per item x quantity of 20 ,so $400.
Since then I 'don't argue with the computer' after all,computers are smarter than me, right ??
Who could argue with that statement?

😂 🤔😂:ROFLMAO:😂:ROFLMAO:😂😂

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Amy McDaniel

Doesn't appear to be a good strategy after all 😂

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Doesn't appear to be a good strategy after all 😂

We simply don't know the details of the shooting at this time, just early reports. The actor was jailed on "Suspicion of Murder", suggesting LEO had enough initial information to warrant the charge, rather than Manslaughter which would be a more common charge in a shooting of this type.

As I stated previously, IF the shooting occurred solely over the alleged theft, then it was without a doubt a bad shoot. IF it occurred as a result of the 'fight' that ensued and the threat of death or grave bodily harm existed....then Texas Law allows for the use of Deadly Force (even by a third party). It would be up to a jury to decide if the action was reasonable however.

I don't think we can point to this incident and declare it a 'strategy'. Highly unlikely the shooter went to Walmart that day expecting to shoot an alleged shoplifter. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Any references to solving a shoplifting issue (with 230 grs./other) by members here is hopefully just internet 'bluster' and frustration. IF not, I would advise anyone of like mind to give it some serious thought. Even if cleared of any charges (and there will likely be charges), you'll wish you had never gone through it all.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
We simply don't know the details of the shooting at this time, just early reports. The actor was jailed on "Suspicion of Murder", suggesting LEO had enough initial information to warrant the charge, rather than Manslaughter which would be a more common charge in a shooting of this type.

As I stated previously, IF the shooting occurred solely over the alleged theft, then it was without a doubt a bad shoot. IF it occurred as a result of the 'fight' that ensued and the threat of death or grave bodily harm existed....then Texas Law allows for the use of Deadly Force (even by a third party). It would be up to a jury to decide if the action was reasonable however.

I don't think we can point to this incident and declare it a 'strategy'. Highly unlikely the shooter went to Walmart that day expecting to shoot an alleged shoplifter. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Any references to solving a shoplifting issue (with 230 grs./other) by members here is hopefully just internet 'bluster' and frustration. IF not, I would advise anyone of like mind to give it some serious thought. Even if cleared of any charges (and there will likely be charges), you'll wish you had never gone through it all.
I agree with you 100% on all comments, I was mainly being facetious in light of the 230gr remark.

Edit* looks like the article was updated 12/1, suspect was arrested for murder.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I refuse to use the self check out. I want to see as many people employed in the store as possible, and for the store to flourish as a result of offering the checkout and bagging service. Home Depot has done away with all but one checkout counter. I don't shop there any longer. I prefer Lowes which honors our veterans with a 10% discount every day, 365 days a year, except for the holidays when the stores are closed.
I absolutely agree!
I want business to HIRE PEOPLE, and not expect ME to provide service!
Lowe's is my preferred also,.....and I am a veteran (Vietnam).
Home Depot also does do the 10% for veterans.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I’d rather check myself out, most of these places can barely get people to work as it is. So If the option is there I use it. Stopped by a new convenience store the other day and they had self checkout. First I’ve seen them in a C-store.

Reactions: 1 user