Year Model of L2350DT...........?

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I recently purchased an L2350DT and wish I could determine the year of manufacture.

Unfortunately in the time period they were made (1991-1998) Kubota chose to use printed 'tags' for serial numbers rather than stamp them on the metal someplace.

One tag is severely faded (though I think I can read some of the number), the other tag was a foil backed tag (which I believe had the actual Serial Number) was only partially there. Just enough left of it to read the model number followed by one numeral (before the tag was torn). I can just make out a 6 and that is it.

Tag1.jpg

Frame Tag Partial.jpg

The only bit of information I've been able to find on Serial Numbers is sparse at best:

Serial Numbers.jpg

IF anyone has better information, a unit with an intact tag (and you know the year model) or an educated guess about mine....I'd love to hear about it.

Thank You in advance,

Flint.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The year of manufacture is not like a car or truck - now some models DO have a serial number break where something was changed. But in your case ...... you just need the model number only!

Clint from Flint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2350, B26 TLB, Covington Plant., Landpride Tiller, Hustler Flip-up
Dec 12, 2020
Flint, Texas
Flintknapper, I agree with Hokie on his statement...I have an L2350DT and when I order parts all the parts people want to know is the model # and sometime want to know if its a DT(dual traction unit)
Clint

Reactions: 1 user

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
You can figure the year out with the engine serial number. There should also be an emissions tag on or around the valve cover as well that has year of compliance information on it. I can't remember if industrial kubota dealers can look up tractor engine serial numbers but I know we were able to look all sorts of things up with it on kubotas dealer sight. The most you may have to do is get ahold of kubotas customer service and see if they can run the numbers.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You can figure the year out with the engine serial number. There should also be an emissions tag on or around the valve cover as well that has year of compliance information on it. I can't remember if industrial kubota dealers can look up tractor engine serial numbers but I know we were able to look all sorts of things up with it on kubotas dealer sight. The most you may have to do is get ahold of kubotas customer service and see if they can run the numbers.
25+ year old Kubota's don't have emissions labels on the valve cover (never did).
And even with the engine serial number it's not going to tell you the year it was sold.
And the year it was sold is the tractor year, not the year it was actually made.

Tractor years are irrelevant for anything, not parts, not any service, or even the value of the tractor.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
25+ year old Kubota's don't have emissions labels on the valve cover (never did).
And even with the engine serial number it's not going to tell you the year it was sold.
And the year it was sold is the tractor year, not the year it was actually made.

Tractor years are irrelevant for anything, not parts, not any service, or even the value of the tractor.
^^^^^^^

This was my only real concern (and a bit of curiosity) with respect to parts.

A cursory search....seems to indicate little to NO difference in this model from year to year (1991-1998).

But figured you guys would know and set me straight on it.

Value of the tractor I was surprised at. Compact tractors (in my area) in decent shape virtually all command prices in excess of what they sold for new (20+ years ago).

Mine is equipped with a front loader, has just over 900 hrs. In pretty good shape for its age. Came with a 4' Rotary Cutter, 4' Disc and a bedder.

$9,000.00 was quite the fair price I thought (for my market area). It seems these tractors are much more common in the Midwest and upper Midwest than in Texas and market area affects pricing. I am happy with it so far.

Kubota Purchased.jpg

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa

Umm yeah 25 year old tractors should have emission stickers on them depending on hp range. Tier 1 was 96-2000 for off road and agriculture engines. The year may not matter to you, but most people like to know even if it doesn't matter for getting parts.
Unless agg departs from industrial in an extream way, the engine serial number should be linked with the machine serial number, which is supposed to be reported when the commissioning of an engine (machine) is done to kubota. (I worked industrial engines, this was all mandatory to register for warranty.)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Umm yeah 25 year old tractors should have emission stickers on them depending on hp range. Tier 1 was 96-2000 for off road and agriculture engines. The year may not matter to you, but most people like to know even if it doesn't matter for getting parts.
Unless agg departs from industrial in an extream way, the engine serial number should be linked with the machine serial number, which is supposed to be reported when the commissioning of an engine (machine) is done to kubota. (I worked industrial engines, this was all mandatory to register for warranty.)
I don't think on the older tractors like this, that they didn't record the serial number of the motor.
At least I've never found a correlation or a reference to it.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I have no 'serialized' markings of any kind on the engine itself.
It's stamped in the block near the injection pump on most engines. Some have the number stamped at other places. Normally painted over. I'll be getting home pretty late tonight, I'll try and get a picture posted up this week.
I don't think on the older tractors like this, that they didn't record the serial number of the motor.
At least I've never found a correlation or a reference to it.
Good to know, seems there's more differences between industrial and agg than I had thought.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
It's stamped in the block near the injection pump on most engines. Some have the number stamped at other places. Normally painted over.
^^^^^

After a little searching.....indeed this was the case. Mine was so heavily painted over that you'd never know there was a stamping if not for the 'location'.

Some Aircraft paint stripper, wire brush and 20 minutes time revealed the Alpha-Numeric stamping hidden all these years. I'll say this about the engine....it received a 'generous' coating of paint.

Anyway, now that I have a 'number', I have another question (you knew I would). ;)

Question: What does it mean? Is it a date of manufacture?

Engine Stamping.jpg

I.E. (26th Day of the 3rd Month, Year 1997)

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
No, The A begins the actual serial number of the engine. The D1102 is the engine type. (The “D” is for the German word ”Drie” for the number of cylinders (3). The 1102 is the approx displacement in CCs. Your serial number precedes the change in methodology of number assignments which occurec in 1998..so your tractor is certainly make prior to that.

If you can discover another L2350 with an engine SN close to yours then they’re likely very close in tractor SN also….which might help solve your curiosity…however as has already been mentioned, the year of mfr’ isn’t of much import.

As for emissions, smaller engines fell victim to Tier regulations earlier than larger models.
My ‘96-era M4700 has zero emissions (and boy, am I glad of it.)

Attachments

Last edited:

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
No, The A begins the actual serial number of the engine. The D1102 is the engine type.

If you can discover another L2350 with an engine SN close to yours then they’re likely very close in tractor SN also….which might help solve your curiosity…however as has already been mentioned, the year of mfr’ isn’t of much import.

As for emissions, smaller engines fell victim to Tier regulations earlier than larger models.
My ‘96-era M4700 has zero emissions (and boy, am I glad of it.)
So...how would that person know what year model THEY had (if not having paperwork of some type)?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
So...how would that person know what year model THEY had (if not having paperwork of some type)?
I was suggesting that if they could read THEIR serial numbers of engine and tractor…. your engines likely were made the same year as your tractors.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Question: What does it mean? Is it a date of manufacture?
I.E. (26th Day of the 3rd Month, Year 1997)
Nope sorry it's not that simple.
It's just the 26397th serial number generated.

The A in the number signifies it's an AG engine.