Fuel prices

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
I remember this conversation with the sales guy at the dealer.
I need a tractor when can I get a L 2501 --- maybe by august
when can I get a B2601 ----- maybe by May or June
you can get a B2301 by January 1st
I need to plow snow so I guess I will take the b2301

I should call him and thank him.

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Prior to the pandemic, we were looking at F250. Now I'm glad I didn't buy yet, reconsidering when we do go to buy if I will go with the 7.3L gas or diesel? Considering It will only occasionally tow, the gas engine might be the better way to go. Avoid the diesel price and the DEF price.

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I too find it impossible to lift 5 gallon jugs and fill the tractor without spilling some (and straining my old bones).

This was a simple small project that cost me < $200 all in including a new 55 gal drum. Runs on 12v - I installed a 12 volt connector on fel cross arm (also serves as charging port).

View attachment 79583
Just curiou, how do you get fuel into your drum?

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
This is really getting ridiculous and no plan or end in sight. Now we have families paying $120 for a can of baby formula, if they can find it. Working folks are getting sick and tired, of....well pretty much everything going on right now.

And the solution we now hear is to take our tax money and either a) send it to Ukraine with NO checks or accountability (one of the most corrupt governments in the world)--not a political statement because BOTH parties overwhelmingly voted for this latest 1.3 BILLION, bringing the total to over 2 BILLION; or, b) payoff everyones student loans.

The level of 'out-of-touch' is actually scary. But I actually believe its worse than that. I believe its intentional. How else can (what was the greatest country on earth) now not literally feed its own children, with needed formula.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
How else can (what was the greatest country on earth) now not literally feed its own children, with needed formula.
I was talking with a friend that paid me a visit on Wednesday, after a couple years due to covid. Somehow we touched on a related subject. Why guys would be talking about this kind of thing, I have no idea!

When I was a kid, I remember my aunt using a beer bottle with a rubber nipple that was designed to fit over the end, as a bottle for feeding her little one. She had four kids all told.

Also, no disposable diapers then. Cloth diapers, a diaper pail, and the mom washed them, and they were reused, multiple time, maybe even for more than one kid.

What I can't remember is what was actually put in the bottle that the kids used for nourishment. I mean in place of what formula is used for these days. Anybody remember?

Different world today...

Reactions: 1 user

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I got 11.49 gallons of offroad and it only cost me 64.34... Thanks,, who ever
P
This is really getting ridiculous and no plan or end in sight. Now we have families paying $120 for a can of baby formula, if they can find it. Working folks are getting sick and tired, of....well pretty much everything going on right now.

And the solution we now hear is to take our tax money and either a) send it to Ukraine with NO checks or accountability (one of the most corrupt governments in the world)--not a political statement because BOTH parties overwhelmingly voted for this latest 1.3 BILLION, bringing the total to over 2 BILLION; or, b) payoff everyones student loans.

The level of 'out-of-touch' is actually scary. But I actually believe its worse than that. I believe its intentional. How else can (what was the greatest country on earth) now not literally feed its own children, with needed formula.
Well I guess baby formula is a kind of fuel so my 2 cents is a variety of problems, most of long standing duration, make it difficult to get around the shut down of Abbott due to bacterial contamination.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/05/baby-formula-shortage-abbott-recall/629828/

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Well I guess baby formula is a kind of fuel so my 2 cents is a variety of problems, most of long standing duration, make it difficult to get around the shut down of Abbott due to bacterial contamination.
Thank you for making my point. We have a problem, lets make a plan. I have never in my 54 years seen such incompetence where the SOLUTION to the problem is to make the problem WORSE.

Examples:

@@@ PROBLEM-- We have a problem with the formula plant-- SOLUTION shut it down and HOPE it majically appears from somewhere else.

@@@ PROBLEM -- We have a fuel shortage-- SOLUTION cripple production and shut down the means to transport gas. Don't give me Ukraine as an excuse, less than 3% of our oil comes from russia. We can make that up in 15 minutes. EDIT I forgot they cancelled more oil/gas leases today. Great addition to the solution.

@@@ PROBLEM -- Inflation is going through the roof -- SOLUTION pump more dollars into the economy. By the way this the exact opposite of the actual solution.

@@@ PROBLEM -- Folks are having trouble paying for student loans (or so they say, I have paid mine in full) -- SOLUTION pay it off for them. See above as to why this is not a solution.

I could fill an entire page or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I can think of a couple examples of when food shortages have been used as a weapon against people. History is apparently not taught anymore.

• Sad

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
These past few years have been by design imo.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Just curiou, how do you get fuel into your drum?
We burn fuel oil for heating. When I'm low I call our oil company and tell them to open the garage door and fill it next time they are here. There is a 'fillalarm' whistle on it so when it gets to just over 40 gal the whistle stops and the delivery guy knows its filled.
That's a standard unifil connector on it so it's easy for him to connect.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hmmmm not to sound base or off color, in regards to the baby formula, but do boobs still work ? Asking for a friend

• Haha

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Hmmmm not to sound base or off color, in regards to the baby formula, but do boobs still work ? Asking for a friend
Not all the time. Lots of women have problems with production.

• Sad

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Sometimes not.
We can always go back to the old days. If there was a problem the rich paid for wet nurses and the poor paid for small coffins.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
We had that issue with both our kids. Just little to nothing there. Didn't matter what my wife tried. So we were stuck using formula. Besides its always been expensive, we had to get specific stuff for my daughter or she would get violently sick from certain brands and types of formula. Really limited our choices. It really took a mental tool on my wife as well. So no boobs are not always an option.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
On a lighter note. I'm on the late shift at work. Got to talking to one of the guys I'm on shift with, and he asked me if I needed and fuel oil? Said yeah, 2 diesel tractors at home and the backup generator is diesel, I always need fuel. Guess he went over to gas last year before winter and never got his fuel tanks drained. I asked him what he wanted for it, and he said get the tanks out of my house and you can have the fuel in them. Wednesday we both work the early shift. I have an empty 275 gal tank set up to fit in the bed of my truck. Going for some free fuel after work! Even if it's only 20 gallons I figure it's worth the trip. Hoping for a bit more, but free is free.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
We had that issue with both our kids. Just little to nothing there. Didn't matter what my wife tried. So we were stuck using formula. Besides its always been expensive, we had to get specific stuff for my daughter or she would get violently sick from certain brands and types of formula. Really limited our choices. It really took a mental tool on my wife as well. So no boobs are not always an option.
Same here. Youngest kid tossed everything back up. The doctor and the family thought we would loose her as her weight kept going down.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The money we wasted in Iraq and Afghanistan for more than 10 years would have paid off student loans, fixed all of our bridges and highways, and paid for enough research to cure many diseases that people die from. This isn't a political statement, but a statement of fact!

Reactions: 3 users