What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
added a new "convenience" to the dash today. Does that count? :D

garage opener.JPG

in all seriousness, I don't like to leave my garage door open when I'm out working in the yard or back in the woods. Here is the stuff I used. Towed the machine at 65 mph today, didn't move at all. You almost have to use a screwdriver to pry off the opener...it holds that tightly. This isn't your typical velcro.

Scotch Fastener.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
added a new "convenience" to the dash today. Does that count? :D

View attachment 78783

in all seriousness, I don't like to leave my garage door open when I'm out working in the yard or back in the woods. Here is the stuff I used. Towed the machine at 65 mph today, didn't move at all. You almost have to use a screwdriver to pry off the opener...it holds that tightly. This isn't your typical velcro.

View attachment 78784
That "yard" (if you can even call it that), would have taken an hour TOPS to hand rake out or till and add hay/seed. I would have taken their money too lol.

Looks like you have a chamberlain door opener, they also make keychain door openers too. I plan on adding one to my Kubota keychain.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I planted 10 more boxwoods along the top of the driveway today. That makes 22 the past few days. . . Because the driveway was built up with fill it would have been impossible to use the 12" auger on my post hole digger - way too many big potatoes.

The stump bucket however is a different story. Made short work of digging the holes. The only issue was because of the large rocks I had to remove the holes were deeper / wider than I needed or wanted.

Swapped back to regular bucket after digging and moved a few yards of topsoil to backfill the plants. Then filled the bucket with water to really soak the new plantings.

Five hours in total and a lot of shoveling.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I planted 10 more boxwoods along the top of the driveway today. That makes 22 the past few days. . . Because the driveway was built up with fill it would have been impossible to use the 12" auger on my post hole digger - way too many big potatoes.

The stump bucket however is a different story. Made short work of digging the holes. The only issue was because of the large rocks I had to remove the holes were deeper / wider than I needed or wanted.

Swapped back to regular bucket after digging and moved a few yards of topsoil to backfill the plants. Then filled the bucket with water to really soak the new plantings.

Five hours in total and a lot of shoveling.
English boxwood is very easy to grow.
Hope you planted them right up to their necks --deep.
The deeply planted stems will actually grow roots.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yes the do. Ordered a tool cubby from Kathy this afternoon.
Many years ago I lived in Newfoundland (US Navy), not so far from where they are, though they were probably not even in grade school at that point.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Pulled out the power washer and washed the winter crud off the BX and the JD today. Also greased every zerk on the BX. The MMM driveshaft zerks are buggers to get to, and the Lock-n-Lube won't fit, have to use a gun with a plain coupler to get those. Amazingly, the blades were still plenty sharp after last years mowing season.

IMG_20220423_143432233 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20220423_144659105 (Medium).jpg

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Pulled out the power washer and washed the winter crud off the BX and the JD today. Also greased every zerk on the BX. The MMM driveshaft zerks are buggers to get to, and the Lock-n-Lube won't fit, have to use a gun with a plain coupler to get those. Amazingly, the blades were still plenty sharp after last years mowing season.

View attachment 78792 View attachment 78793
What is that funny looking yellow thing on the front end of the JD? :cry:

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Are those mulch/high lift blades?
Sorry - missed this yesterday.

Yes, they’re Gator mulching blades. They work okay. Not great, but they are stout and not very expensive. Thinking about $20 each.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
English boxwood is very easy to grow.
Hope you planted them right up to their necks --deep.
The deeply planted stems will actually grow roots.
Thanks Fried!

Yes the local nursery last year told me to plant them flush with the ground but not to recess them where water could pool. . . Those were 3X the size of the ones I bought at Costco - but also 7X the price. Every one I planted last year is going very well.

This time of year, before the leaves bloom, a section of the driveway looks pretty bleak. I planted the boxwoods 6' apart. There still is another stretch that I could use 20 more :(

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Took another couple swipes at the new driveway crusher run. No more than got it down 2 weeks ago, we had 10” of snow …..😳

CFE380E0-F74E-4010-AF69-CD5CF2D1EA38.jpeg

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Moved some dirt with the LX3310. Definitely a difference with the extra hp and R14's over the turfs and 2610 pushing into a pile.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I repaired the damaged guard system on the new flail mower, greased all 10 zirks, checked the gear box oil, checked the PTO shaft for length and did a small cutting test in the field with the cutter set at max height (4"). There's a learning curve and it's going to take some time to get used to running this thing, but the initial test looks promising.

I have hammers rather than knives so more durable but not as clean a cut on grass supposedly.

guard_5.jpg

dm_8.jpg

dm_9.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Got about a dozen more of my tornado trees taken care of and cleared from my trails and open areas this weekend. It was near 80 here so most of my property has dried enough to drive on without leaving ruts. Nothing too exciting so no pics. The grapple is without a doubt the best money I’ve spent for property maintenance.

I also cut about 7 acres of my property but I used my Scag so that doesn’t count for this thread.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Got about a dozen more of my tornado trees taken care of and cleared from my trails and open areas this weekend. It was near 80 here so most of my property has dried enough to drive on without leaving ruts. Nothing too exciting so no pics. The grapple is without a doubt the best money I’ve spent for property maintenance.

I also cut about 7 acres of my property but I used my Scag so that doesn’t count for this thread.
Feel free to send your grapple my way, I had to cut a bunch of invasive trees that were crowding out the oak and cedar trees in our woods. I think I'm going to rent a chipper for this pile and blow it all into a dump trailer for disposal or back out into the woods.

I did use the FEL to push and condense the pile a bit if that counts. That's 15'x4'x4' or so of branches.

Attachments

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
Proceed down the twisty path thru the trees to the far corner of the property. High winds the past couple of weeks dropped the neighbors trees onto my property across the barb wire fence. Grapple the trees off the fence, cut into 5' sections, pick up the sections with grapple, reverse back down twisty path thru trees with load. Repeat a couple of times.
Put on to do list to clear a turnaround in the far corners of the property

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
What is that funny looking yellow thing on the front end of the JD? :cry:
Lately, it's been a rarely used snow blower.
Since I bought the BX, the 430 has been on permanent snow patrol duty. Got tired of switching between blower and mower twice a year.