What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Gave the tilt cylinder its first real test and used it to cut and fill the bottom of my Mother's driveway that often washes out during hard rain.
It worked great and is so precise especially when working on an irregular and bumpy gravel surface.
Once the rough fill and grade was done I used the bucket in reverse to pack and smooth.
This really revolutionizes my road building capabilities and now I am seriously considering some hydraulic adaption to get me a second or 3rd set of remotes so I can use the top cylinder that I also had kicking around in the drive shed.
Do the toplink. It’s worth the time, effort, and money.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Implement swap and got locked n loaded for tomorrow's festivities... Tractor gets the call for tomorrow.

locknload.JPG

locknload1.JPG

Well, there's your problem! :poop:

H4-OAK903.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Started my day about 3:30 am, got down to my land for opening of spring turkey season. The weather was cold, 33 degrees F when I left the house, windy, overcast and not a good day for gobbling. Did hear some off in the distance, but also heard woodcocks early and ruffed grouse steady, saw 7 deer walk out, so a good day. But then the fun started around noon as I prepped my little wildlife watering hole to spread 2400 lbs of sodium bentonite. Interesting stuff.

A short video when I first started raking last years vegetation out and my hunting buddy opened and spread the 48 bags. I then worked it as evenly as I could into the soil. Now I wait and see.

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I spend a couple of hours spreading out gravel in my neighbor's parking area. Second time I've helped a neighbor out, and my first paid gig! She was very happy and gave me a more money than what I charged her.

Reactions: 1 user

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
No name off off of ebay, was $70. I couldn't justify spending $250 or more for a name brand when I don't use it very often. Its a T shape with braces connecting each corner so should be sturdy enough.
My Cluttered Garage did a YouTube video comparing the hitches. The $70 one had a considerably larger opening for the ball mount. Do you have the excessive slop?

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Got a 50 gallon tank and set it up so it can be lifted into the truck to fill, and have a cart to set it on to move it around. Took longer to dump 5 gallons in from cans than it did to fill the 13 gallon tank on the tractor.

Hitched up the SAYA505 and got it set up, just have to calibrate it now. The B2410 has the log splitter attached still, but need to get the backhoe on so I can remove some 4x4 posts and move a hydrant.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Cut a bunch of small trees. 2 - 4 inch diameter. Left about a foot each to pull out. Plowed the trees off to the wood line.
Hooked the chain to the first stump and proceeded to spin the rears and make a mess. Put chains and tractor away. Took out saw and cut everything as low as I could without killing my chain.
Let mother nature rot them out.
Not sure why I cut the trees as it was the wife's request. Easier to play with the saw and tractor than discuss logic.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Put 1oz of howes and a few ml of biobor in the fuel tank to keep things fresh. Also installed an adapter to hook up my 2A trickle charger to the Kubota during down time. Down the road, I want to permenantly mount a noco 2A trickle charger and install an extension cord port somewhere on the machine to allow for easier battery charging.

Attachments

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Cut a bunch of small trees. 2 - 4 inch diameter. Left about a foot each to pull out. Plowed the trees off to the wood line.
Hooked the chain to the first stump and proceeded to spin the rears and make a mess. Put chains and tractor away. Took out saw and cut everything as low as I could without killing my chain.
Let mother nature rot them out.
Not sure why I cut the trees as it was the wife's request. Easier to play with the saw and tractor than discuss logic.
Next time, try pushing them over with the loader bucket. I started out cutting them first, then somebody told me he just pushed them over. 4" might be too big, depends on the tree and the soil.

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Quick repair today on broken waste line.

Here's what caused the problem. It was dumping right inside the block foundation wall. :(

H4-OAK903-2A.jpg

dig
H4-OAK903-1.JPG

short trench
H4-OAK903-4.JPG

repair
H4-OAK903-5.JPG

Done. Home by noon.

H4-OAK903-6.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have to take the flatbed trailer to pick up the Del Morino flail mower today so needed to move some 4" Sch.40 pipe that's been on there for a week or so. The sections are too heavy and awkward to wrestle off on my own so I used the Jeep and Ramsey winch to get them off the trailer and onto the pipe pile. It was hard work even with the aid of the winch.

I'm heading to the freight terminal in town to pick up the mower since they didn't think they'd be able to deliver it using a pallet jack i.e. get it onto the lift gate for me to grab with the MX and pallet forks. Oh well ... not a big deal.

mx_midsota_2.jpg

mx_midsota_3.jpg

jeep.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Parked the LX2610 outside this morning and came home to my new LX3310.

20220421_073208.jpg

20220421_174104.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
@dirtydeed
Quick repair today on broken waste line....

How did you install the pvc pipe between two fixed points? Used a slip coupling or did inside basement section move? And why no p-trap on this one?

And what is the thing with 3 bolts on the ground for? Looks like something to cap a metal post with ...

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I picked up the new flail mower, used the pallet forks to get it off the trailer, wrestled with it on the crappy pallets so that I could hook it up to the 3-point, and got the hoses figured out. Tomorrow I'll follow the procedure in the manual and make sure that the pto shaft is the correct length and then test it out on a bank that needs cutting.

I already like how much shorter the tractor and flail is compared to when the RCR1884 rotary cutter is hooked up.

mx_del_morino_1.jpg

mx_del_morino_2.jpg

mx_del_morino_3.jpg

mx_remotes.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
@dirtydeed
Quick repair today on broken waste line....

How did you install the pvc pipe between two fixed points? Used a slip coupling or did inside basement section move? And why no p-trap on this one?

And what is the thing with 3 bolts on the ground for? Looks like something to cap a metal post with ...
Hi Russell,

I didn't go inside the house but, I would presume that a fernco was used to go from 3" copper to 4" pvc inside the basement. The guys only use fernco type connections when absolutely necessary (like connecting pvc to cast iron or in this case copper).

The section of cast iron pipe that was replaced in the photo was before before the vent and trap. That 4" section of cast iron had a crack nearly the length of the pipe. The vent and trap were fine, as was the line to the sewer lateral.

The cap that you are asking about is actually the cap to the vent. What you can't see is the trap that is after the vent (it was covered by mulch).

hope that helps