Early BX2200 with LA211 FEL - loader hoses messed up

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
This is just a shot in the dark, but is it possible that one of the quick connects on the control side is not letting the fluid through? Did you try disconnecting the hoses from the motor to see if the is pressure flow from both hoses?
The issue is the regenerative valve supplying unequal volumes of oil. That works for cylinders. Not for motors. Unsure why mine works, but it does. Maybe it's the cheap Chinese motor I used.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
When I had a hydraulic motor on my BX22, I installed adjustable limiters in the hose lines to regulate the speed of the motor. When I used the snowblower I would push the RPMs to about 3000.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The issue is the regenerative valve supplying unequal volumes of oil. That works for cylinders. Not for motors. Unsure why mine works, but it does. Maybe it's the cheap Chinese motor I used.
Its not unequal volumes that cause problems with a motor. Thatcwoukd simply run it faster in one direction just like fast dump.

When in regen the pump is simultaneously connected to both ports on the motor so it is stalled by balanced pressures at the ports.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
Its not unequal volumes that cause problems with a motor. Thatcwoukd simply run it faster in one direction just like fast dump.

When in regen the pump is simultaneously connected to both ports on the motor so it is stalled by balanced pressures at the ports.

Dan
They made what they called a 3-way valve and a 4-way valve. The 3 way valve ( the one I have ) will only do the regenerative circuit. The 4-way valve has an extra position to the right which allows function as a normal circuit.

I think the early LA211's came with the 3-way unless you ordered it special. Maybe the later ones came with the 4-way standard.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
They made what they called a 3-way valve and a 4-way valve. The 3 way valve ( the one I have ) will only do the regenerative circuit. The 4-way valve has an extra position to the right which allows function as a normal circuit.

I think the early LA211's came with the 3-way unless you ordered it special. Maybe the later ones came with the 4-way standard
Yes but what does that have to do with my comment?

Dan

Mikebx2200

Equipment
BX2200, LA211, BX2750D
Jan 8, 2022
Pennsylvania
This is just a shot in the dark, but is it possible that one of the quick connects on the control side is not letting the fluid through? Did you try disconnecting the hoses from the motor to see if the is pressure flow from both hoses?
I'll give that a try. Thanks.

shelkol

Equipment
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
Yes but what does that have to do with my comment?

Dan
Sorry, maybe I replied to the wrong comment. The discussion included something to the effect of 'it worked on my BX2200 and not on this other one' I was just trying to clarify that there were 2 different valves

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Sorry, maybe I replied to the wrong comment. The discussion included something to the effect of 'it worked on my BX2200 and not on this other one' I was just trying to clarify that there were 2 different valves
No problem. BTW - I looked at the parts manual and they used at least 4 different valves on that loader. Two had a fourth position on the bucket spool and two did not. Unfortunately I could not find a WSM with schematics of the circuits. The two with a fourth position should work fine with a motor. The other two are not going to work if they have a regen function on the spool.

Dan

Boo 72

Equipment
BX 22 all dressed
Nov 23, 2021
Montreal, Canada
I finally got around to taking pictures of my winter set up. You will notice that the blower's impellar is the wrong rotation, but I got such a good deal that I built a reverser for the PTO that is attached to the blower.
IMG_0221.JPG

Attachments

Mikebx2200

Equipment
BX2200, LA211, BX2750D
Jan 8, 2022
Pennsylvania
Its not the couplers. Multiple people have told you the loader valve has regen on the bucket. That works fine on double acting cylinders but does not work with motors.

Dan
I've been told so many things to try that I believe there may be two different valves installed on LA211 loaders. Som
No problem. BTW - I looked at the parts manual and they used at least 4 different valves on that loader. Two had a fourth position on the bucket spool and two did not. Unfortunately I could not find a WSM with schematics of the circuits. The two with a fourth position should work fine with a motor. The other two are not going to work if they have a regen function on the spool.

Dan
Thanks

Dan
Thanks for looking this up. I thought there must have been multiple valves installed on a LA211. I couldn't figure out why it would work for some and not others like me.

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
My BX's valve is a Husco DO2A3090 05. It has curl, neutral, dump, and fast dump. 4 positions.
It does work with a Surplus Center motor. It shouldn't. But it does. The BX22 is 2002 model.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
When installing a B2781 snow blower on my B2410 I encountered the problem of a hydraulic chute motor only turning one direction because my control valve only had the regenerative dump. It was a 3 position dump valve not a 4 position. I solved that problem by adding a hydraulic cylinder plumed in series with the hydraulic motor. If you want an explanation look a post #24 in this thread--- thread
The hydraulic cylinder is not mechanically connected to anything, it just moves. The regen position on the valve will move the cylinder. Hydraulic oil under pressure coming out of the cylinder turns the motor

Mikebx2200

Equipment
BX2200, LA211, BX2750D
Jan 8, 2022
Pennsylvania
I finally got around to taking pictures of my winter set up. You will notice that the blower's impellar is the wrong rotation, but I got such a good deal that I built a reverser for the PTO that is attached to the blower. View attachment 73070
Nice set up Boo. Due to the valve from my LA211 having a regenerative circuit I was thinking on putting the valve back on my LA211 front end loader and going out and buying a new valve. I had fun making the support for the hydraulic motor. Due you or anyone reading this know of a good double acting valve that can lift my front snow blower and allow it to float and also doesn't have a regenerative circuit so my chute will rotate in either direction?

shelkol

Equipment
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
Nice set up Boo. Due to the valve from my LA211 having a regenerative circuit I was thinking on putting the valve back on my LA211 front end loader and going out and buying a new valve. I had fun making the support for the hydraulic motor. Due you or anyone reading this know of a good double acting valve that can lift my front snow blower and allow it to float and also doesn't have a regenerative circuit so my chute will rotate in either direction?
I mounted my loader valve permanently on the tractor and then bought a solenoid valve and plumbed it in after the loader valve on the pressure beyond port. Then added a switch on my joystick to control the solenoid valve. Mine was one of the 3-way valves with the regenerative circuit

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
My BX's valve is a Husco DO2A3090 05. It has curl, neutral, dump, and fast dump. 4 positions.
It does work with a Surplus Center motor. It shouldn't. But it does. The BX22 is 2002 model.
You just said it has a 4th position with a non-regenerative tank return. Why do you think that should not work?

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
You could replace it with a 4 position valve that gives you regen and motor control. There are multiple aftermarket valves that would work but they arexa little pricey. I would simply add an inexpensive ($75) single spool valve next to your existing valve and use it for the motor control.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I thought anything other than a 3 position was regenerative?
Four position is both which is why it is preferable. My understanding from discussions on this forum is the Kubota four position valves function as follows:

Position 1 - neutral tandem center - both work ports blocked and pump unloaded to HPCO
Position 2 - Pump to cylinder, cylinder to tank
Position 3 - pump to cylinder, with cylinder regenerative loop
Position 4 - pump to cylinder, cylinder to tank.

The only position that is using cylinder regeneration is position 3 which is "fast dump". When you go past that to position 4 you have normal speed cylinder/motor control. With the 3 position valve your only have regenerative dump which will not work with a motor.

Dan