What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Wednesday dig. Deep root infestation between PVC and SDR pipe at 8.5 foot depth. Be careful where you plant those trees as the roots WILL go deep to find that yummy water source.

H4LEF1.JPG

H4LEF2.JPG

Root mass:

H4LEF3.JPG

H4LEF5.JPG

Done

H4LEF6.JPG

Now the can "close" on their sale. So many municipalities are requiring full sewer line inspections (camera) and many are failing...💰💰💰

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Pushed some snow and then used the blower to send it on its merry way.

20220108_120728.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Snowblowed ! (-9*C and 40km/h winds)

(that's actually my neighbours house across the street and I am about 1/2-way down my 225' driveway when I took that picture. Not seen is a 40' x 40' or something "parking lot" and a few paths to outbuildings I do also.

snow 20211229_104514 (1).jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Got 2" of snow yesterday, but the ground is too soft to go fetch the back blade from the back field. Oh well - one of these days.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Snowblowed ! (-9*C and 40km/h winds)

(that's actually my neighbours house across the street and I am about 1/2-way down my 225' driveway when I took that picture. Not seen is a 40' x 40' or something "parking lot" and a few paths to outbuildings I do also.

View attachment 73023
1 comment: You need a cab to keep you out of the elements. 1 question: Where did you get the shoes on your snowblower? They look like they go from the back of the blower to the front edge of the blower.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
1 comment: You need a cab to keep you out of the elements. 1 question: Where did you get the shoes on your snowblower? They look like they go from the back of the blower to the front edge of the blower.
They came with the blower...which is a model BX2830......I am in Canada (if that matters)
They still dig up gravel like mad if the ground is not frozen.

BozenBota

Equipment
LX2610; RCR1542, FDR1260, BSS54P, PFL1242, STB1072, MacKissick TPH123
Jan 9, 2022
Capital Region, NY
Yesterday I went out to finish with our new LX2610 mowing the 2 acres I mow once a year for the local land conservancy. I say finish because I had started with our old BX last August but didn’t finish due to multiple flat tires. (Using a bike pump I was able to limp home.) I’ve still got the RCR1542 which was good for the BX but is a little small for the LX with Kubota wheel spacers.

First time really using the 1542 on the LX—and first time cutting on snowy, frozen ground. The goal is to keep the woody stuff down so I figured it wouldn’t make much difference if the grasses were frozen to the ground and did not get cut. It worked well (temps were 4 deg yesterday in the AM here, and there’re 30 min of roading each way involved, so the cab was nice), and I was able to finish the job. I’d say the main issue was how bumpy the frozen ground made the ride. It’s been very wet here until recent cold temps; frozen ground meant no rutting — or bogging the machine. Position control is sweet for this type of work.

861A63DA-68AB-47D7-876B-9F48678D52C7.jpeg

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Added 3" wheel spacers from Bro-Tech to my little B today. Grappling logs out of the woods was a challenge to keep the little girl upright with original rear wheel spacing. Had to keep the FEL almost dragging the ground to keep her upright... Too wet out to test her out today, but they are definitely needed.
3.in.wheel.spacer.1.jpg
3.in.wheel.spacer.2.jpg
logs.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I took advantage of this beautiful weather we're having and finished up a few things on the MX6000 HST to get it ready for a possible sale. I have mixed feelings about this, and driving around in the open station model this afternoon reminded me of how nice it is to be out in the open when the weather is nice, and I'm not engulfed in a cloud of dust.

MX6000 HST & HSTC 2.jpg

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Snow on gravel here in the south where the ground doesn’t freeze hard and stay frozen can be kind of a PITA as it tends to get unhandily rearranged with close scraping. On the rare occasions I have to scrape the snow off our gravel road I have to run the blade an inch or two above the gravel and then just run all over it to pack it into a surface drivable for the 2WD vehicles. Don’t know of any way to scrape every last scrap of snow off the gravel without making a mess when the ground isn’t frozen hard. Even the split pipe on the cutting edge isn’t perfect on loose gravel. It’s better, but not perfect.
Yes there is. Turn your rear blade around 180 degrees and the blade will remove snow while not disturbing the gravel. This will leave an inch of snow on the road, but it will do the job and your gravel won’t be moved.

Reactions: 1 user

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
We finally got some snow of substance as we are really behind on snowfall this year in New England.

I started up my driveway, start getting to the top and notice the UPS guy up there, then I see a red thing where my mailbox usually is. Get closer......there is an older Ford Ranger in the ditch that clobbered my mailbox. There is a 16yo kid standing there in a sweatshirt and running shoes taking advice from the UPS guy. Kid's truck had bald tires and a busted transfer case (clearly didn't know as he thought he was in 4wd) and being in the ditch at 45 degree angle he had 1wd. Back down the driveway to get tow strap and shackles.

I get back up there and a communications crew had come by and put a truck up the road with a flasher on it so we can avoid getting killed with people coming down the hill. I hook up to his front tow hook and my tow bar and in 4wd Low pulled him out, up hill, on snow and ice with little sanding. A couple yanks, nothing strenuous on the Kubota really, Turf tires, no chains. I was really impressed.

Kid offered to pay for the mailbox.........I took a hard pass and told him to buy some tires and boots instead.

Then I went up the road to clear a neighbors drive as they were flying back from TX where his son was graduating basic training for Space Force. Neighbor captured me on his Ring camera and thanked me :)

Kevin house Blower.png

Reactions: 8 users

Diamond Jim

Equipment
4060LE, BX23S, RCR60, OES
May 8, 2021
Added 3" wheel spacers from Bro-Tech to my little B today. Grappling logs out of the woods was a challenge to keep the little girl upright with original rear wheel spacing. Had to keep the FEL almost dragging the ground to keep her upright... Too wet out to test her out today, but they are definitely needed. View attachment 73108 View attachment 73109 View attachment 73110
Love to know how much you feel these help out. Please send out update when you get back out there. Thinking of widening on my L series.

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
E
Yes there is. Turn your rear blade around 180 degrees and the blade will remove snow while not disturbing the gravel. This will leave an inch of snow on the road, but it will do the job and your gravel won’t be moved.
Exactly. As you state, an inch or so is as close as you can get without disturbing the gravel. Can’t get every last little scrap of snow like you can on pavement, which is what the poster I was responding to was trying to do. And the poster I was responding to has a front blade so he can’t turn it around but I suppose he could run in reverse on the last pass or two to accomplish the same thing.

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
E

Exactly. As you state, an inch or so is as close as you can get without disturbing the gravel. Can’t get every last little scrap of snow like you can on pavement, which is what the poster I was responding to was trying to do. And the poster I was responding to has a front blade so he can’t turn it around but I suppose he could run in reverse on the last pass or two to accomplish the same thing.
I do the same thing with my long gravel drive. Back blade flipped around to ) while moving in > direction. You can also play with the top link angle to adjust how aggressive the blade is. Once the ground has frozen hard and has a skim coat on it I will use the traditional blade direction where possible.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I took advantage of this beautiful weather we're having and finished up a few things on the MX6000 HST to get it ready for a possible sale. I have mixed feelings about this, and driving around in the open station model this afternoon reminded me of how nice it is to be out in the open when the weather is nice, and I'm not engulfed in a cloud of dust.

View attachment 73122
Tractors and guns philosophy!
Don't ever sell the "old" one!

Last edited:
  • Haha

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
The 10+ inches of snow we got the other day was pretty much hammered by the rain over the weekend. I took the opportunity to use the toothbar to backblade down the driveway yesterday while the temps were 40+. Was able to get down to the gravel pretty well - through what the snowblower left. Good thing. Whatever didn't melt and run off or evaporate is solid ice now.
I noticed our neighbors mailboxes in the cul-de-sac had packed down snow left by the plows in front of them. This morning that was 4-5" of ice. Used the toothbar again to rip up and remove almost all of it. I should have done it yesterday. It would have been a lot easier.

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Life Guard and Recovery stand-by duty.

We've had some water issues up here in Washington this past week......so, we make the most of it!

Soon, my neighbor and I will be putting in another couple culverts to keep this flowing a little better next time!

Attachments

retired farmer

Equipment
tractor, loader, cutter, blade
May 25, 2020
sheridan
Not yesterday but Friday I think. Changed all my fluids and filter, greased everything that gets grease. Only filter not changed was fuel filter, dealer sold me the wrong filter, Ugg, another trip to dealer. :(