Rich or Famous? Choose one...

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I just saw some headline about the rich and famous.

I quickly realized given the choice I would choose to be rich and unknown, NOT famous.

What is the advantage of being famous?

Nothing for me that I can see.

Unfortunately, I will be neither... Poor me...please shed a tear for me if you have time...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Lol, no offense Henro but I think you need a hobby, you have way too much time on your hands. ;)
Yea I guess so...just doing nothing in the shop this afternoon, rather than accomplishing something. But sometimes that is good too.

But STILL, I would choose rich over famous...LOL

Edit: I think this is something those retired suffer sometimes...:ROFLMAO: I don't mean the poor part...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Yea I guess so...just doing nothing in the shop this afternoon, rather than accomplishing something. But sometimes that is good too.

Edit: I think this is something those retired suffer sometimes...:ROFLMAO: I don't mean the poor part...
BUT still...given the choice, would you choose to be RICH or Famous...

I would choose rich every time...GEE, I think I am repeating my self...sorry...

Was just reading CNN...LOL...

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
BUT still...given the choice, would you choose to be RICH or Famous...

I would choose rich every time...GEE, I think I am repeating my self...sorry...

Was just reading CNN...LOL...
I really don't need either, been a great life, been with the same girl since she was 17 and I was 18 and still crazy about her but I will admit there have been times where a little more money would have helped and I gotta tell ya famous means nothing to me.

Reactions: 6 users

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont

Come on up to the northern vt I got plenty I could use a hand with lol.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I know of rich folk who try very hard to remain inconspicuous. Its quite common. In Texas there is a saying "Big Hat ,Small Herd". That about sums it up.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I would choose neither but I guess that it all depends upon one's definition of the two.

I am certainly not rich in any description of the word but I am comfortable in my own skin. There are not many folks my age still working and for that I am fortunate and thankful.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am already famous, and I am already rich. I am well known to the people that I call friends, and I am rich because of those friendships. All the money in the world can't buy happiness or good health. I am rich because I have both, albeit old age has slowed me down a bit, and I can't get off the floor without a helping hand. My wife and I have worked all of our lives, and we saved and spent wisely, and now we can live a comfortable life, but we are not what you would call wealthy.

Reactions: 8 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I would choose neither but I guess that it all depends upon one's definition of the two.

I am certainly not rich in any description of the word but I am comfortable in my own skin. There are not many folks my age still working and for that I am fortunate and thankful.
"There are not many folks my age still working"

I am VERY happy to NOT still be a working stiff!.
(retired for 21 years and enjoying every minute)

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I am VERY happy to NOT still be a working stiff!.
I was forced into retirement (downsized) 27 years ago at age 51, so my "retirement" certainly was not planned. Yes, I am still working, (I have a "one man" portable sawmilling business) but the fact is, I am happy.

Reactions: 1 users

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Rich for sure. I never Understood the famous thing. I hate being in a small town and not being able to go anywhere without even running into 20 people who want to talk all day lol

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Rich for sure. I never Understood the famous thing. I hate being in a small town and not being able to go anywhere without even running into 20 people who want to talk all day lol
Rich, I'm the opposite, I like the small town and wherever I turn knowing someone. I guess I could be one of those people you get tired of talking to. :)

My wife makes fun of me, we will travel and it seems like somehow or another we will find someone we know.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Rich, I'm the opposite, I like the small town and wherever I turn knowing someone. I guess I could be one of those people you get tired of talking to. :)

My wife makes fun of me, we will travel and it seems like somehow or another we will find someone we know.

Haha that’s exactly how i am Iit’s not that i dont Mind talking. It’s the people that want to know your whole life that you haven’t even talked to in forever. Believe it or not this is the only social media outlet i use

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

It appears that we share the exact same philosophy!

Last edited:

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
I'm already both. Rich in the love of family and good friends. Famous for all the right (some say wrong!) Reasons!