Implement dollys

milanmark

Equipment
B2601, Bucket, Grapple, Brush hog, stump bucket is ordered!
Jul 7, 2021
Milan, MI
Trying to figure out how to store implements/attachments...
Bucket is easy just need a pallet
My grapple is a little harder... kinda top heavy, needs something to hold it upright, OUTSIDE no space in my polebarn inside!
Right now that's all I have others may have some also, oh wait stumpbucket is coming!
Thanks!

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
everything I have goes on pallets.
Some pallets I custom make including snowmobile and BH77 backhoe (3' X 5' pallet) others like snowblower/root grapple/log splitter / wood processor/forks/etc.. can all work on standard 4x4's.
Even my sxs atv gets picked up with a 4X4 pallet between the wheels.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Keeping them inside, depending on what kind of floor your dealing with, there are a few options. Outside, unless you’re going to put up some serious shelving like most tractor dealers and lumber yards have, it’s set everything on pallets or similar cribbing to keep it from direct dirt contact. A long bottom grapple is no different.

Only typical problem with the set it on a pallet outside plan is vertical grapples and three point post hole augers.

Vertical grapple you about have to hang it on something in the general configuration of a fence. A couple of stout posts in the ground with crossbars or a platform with center upright, crossbars, and angle bracing should also work.

If you have, or ever get, a three point post hole auger you’re building a custom rack for it or taking the bit off and dumping the whole thing in a heap to wrestle with next time you need it. They’re just a unique animal.

If you can figure out how to get them inside that’s ideal for numerous reasons but I know you said in the OP that’s not an option. I’m kind of interested if anyone has something more creative and practical for outside storage.

Good luck with it!

Reactions: 2 users

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL

Some of these stands could have casters attached. recommend building stands while implement is attached and pt is in mid position

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
I made a dolly for my snowblower at the end of last season. Bought decent dolly wheels from Amazon and used 2x lumber I had hanging around.

Blower 5.2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
All the above.
Bucket and forks sit outside up on 6x6 block pads I made. Easier to QD and QA for me that way.
Snowblower has it's own dolly like River above.
Grapple will sit up on a pallet rack like Mikester said.
Chipper dolly was made from the metal packing crate like everybody does too. Had to reinforce it with angle iron though, that packing crate metal is chintsy.

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
Here's the dolly I made for our brush hog. Works well. Found caster wheels at Menard's 600 lbs weight capacity each.
2021-10-03 Brush Hog On Cart.jpg

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
@bird dogger will be by to show you guys the pieces of furniture he made for his impliments to rest on :ROFLMAO:

I use a mix of wood dollies and steel dollies hobbled together with my MIG. 60" brush hog lives outside now, bucket lives outside too. If you make a dolly, its great to make it dual purpose in such a way it can be lifted with the pallet forks.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

PaulR

Equipment
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Wow, thought you lived in Buffalo with a snowblower like that, nice unit.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Like others, most of my frequently used implements are on true dollies with swivel casters but they’re also kept inside on a smooth concrete floor. I rarely use the forks so probably due to being miserly and a bit lazy, they sit on cardboard behind the rarely moved Farmall. They’re light enough I can slide them out of the way manually if necessary. The rotary cutter still lives in the dirt floor pole barn with a smattering of rarely if ever used agricultural implements that haven’t seen actual use in decades. If stored on a paved surface castered dollies work very well and are a great aid in attaching, particularly without a quick attach for the 3 point. Stored on dirt, castered dollies are near useless, which is why the rotary cutter is set on cribbing.

But for the dollies, I’d definitely have a quick hitch. I’ve dropped and reattached the box blade on unlevel dirt by myself once. It’s far too heavy for me to manually scoot around on dirt so it was not an experience I’d like to repeat. If I had to do it again, I’d probably fork it onto a dolly on concrete first.
4A1B52E8-5D67-4703-A44D-ECBCA903C6B9.jpeg F23B6854-89FC-4B40-997D-49D389EBFF81.jpeg 7BC43B3A-9D31-4593-9AE7-3FB9423BA9AC.jpeg AA376494-A2C6-4791-912E-A0D16C416FF3.jpeg

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Wow!!!! now I am feeling jealous and substandard.

amazed at all the well thought out pallets/dollies/wheeled skids.

I have maybe a dozen or so pieces of tractor stuff on plain Jane wooden pallets I picked up for free that I use forks to place around inside walls of my storage building leaving middle to park a couple of the trucks and tractors. :(

PaulR

Equipment
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Wow!!!! now I am feeling jealous and substandard.

amazed at all the well thought out pallets/dollies/wheeled skids.

I have maybe a dozen or so pieces of tractor stuff on plain Jane wooden pallets I picked up for free that I use forks to place around inside walls of my storage building leaving middle to park a couple of the trucks and tractors. :(
pfft.
Well thought out and organized = Way too much free time on their hands. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
Next up is a dolly for the box blade similar to the one NCL4701 posted. We have a brand new barn (72'x36') half finished as storage and other half eventually finished out as living space. When we designed it we planned the storage area for the Polaris Ranger SXS and for winter storage of 5 sailboats on trailers. We hadn't planned for the tractor and implements. Now with everything in it, it's going to be tight quarters so being able to move implements like the cutter and box blade around will make things a bit easier. Like everything, wish we'd have gone bigger on the barn.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Here’s mine. Need to build one for the 6’ tiller I’m picking up tomorrow.

4ADA83F2-09AC-49D6-A2DE-1733779CEA2F.jpeg

DC12F299-6811-4EBC-B600-9E9A2DB0AAC9.jpeg

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
My grapple is a little harder... kinda top heavy, needs something to hold it upright, OUTSIDE no space in my polebarn inside!
milanmark, here's a link to my grapple dolly build. So far, it's been working great for my use. I have it on wheels but as mentioned, you could easily substitute short legs with some pads for setting it outside. And it would still be light enough to move around by hand to relocate it.
55" EA Wicked Root Grapple Dolly | OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

@bird dogger will be by to show you guys the pieces of furniture he made for his impliments to rest on :ROFLMAO:

I use a mix of wood dollies and steel dollies hobbled together with my MIG. 60" brush hog lives outside now, bucket lives outside too. If you make a dolly, its great to make it dual purpose in such a way it can be lifted with the pallet forks.

HaHa!! Surely you jest!! Although my grapple dolly turned out nice, it's the only one that ever got painted! LOL Not sure why I deviated from the norm on that one. B737, your storage system ROCKS!
I can see something like that in the near future. That would be a great reason to get a set of forks, right along with a quick hitch!! Yes? :unsure: