Buying a LX2610cab this week and any buying advice appreciated. Thanks

McRockFish

Equipment
LX2610
Oct 3, 2021
New Hampshire
Hello - Newbie here. My first tractor. I have a horse property but only have some goats. I will use it to keep the fields (5-6 acres of fields) from growing up. Brush cutter RCR1260 I think is good and a box scraper for my almost 1/2 mile crushed gravel / dirt driveway. I may also get the snowblower so want to keep that in mind.

Questions:
1) Tires - all around tires for doing field work (not muddy) and driveway grading with box scraper for driveway. Should I get the R14 tire? looks good to me for all around including possibly snow blowing.
2) Quoted $26,106 for LX2610HSDC (cab) (tires filled and radio included) and $4397 for the LA535 front loader with bucket. $850 for the BB1260 Box Scraper and $1899 for the RCR1260 rotary cutter. No sales tax in my state. How is that pricing?
3) On that loader package priced at $4397 I can pick between the 60" bucket or the 54" bucket that has the replaceable edge. The 60" does not have a replaceable edge and I don't think I will wear it out... but the 54" does. Which one should I get?
4) I need to back into close to my ponds and drop the brush cutter at an angle to cut the bushes that are growing up on banks heading into the pond. Is the RCR1260 able to angle down into close to the water on the banks of pond?
4) Wheel extenders...anything else I should consider. anything else?

I almost walked away after sitting in the cab with that hydraulic whine. But, I'm moving forward.

Thanks. Any buying advice much appreciated.

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Congrats. I can help on some on of the questions. R14’s are fine but R4’s have a stronger sidewall. Either would do well. The RCR1260 will not angle down but none of them will. The 12 series is their light duty brush cutter so keep that in mind. A buddy has one and bent it pretty good on a stump. That is why I went with the 18 series. That is a little big for the LX though. I would go with the 25 series on the box blade. The scarefiers on the 12 series have a clip that I personally don’t like. The 25 series is WAY stronger and the added weight will help with scraping. I wouldn’t worry about the replaceable edge on the bucket. Go for the 60 inch. The added capacity you will like. Just make sure you get the SSQA and not pin on.
On a side note I would get a third function valve for the front. Lots of uses inc a grapple if you decide to get one later. They come in real handy. Additionally the one mistake I made when getting my tractor was not getting rear remotes. I will be adding two in the spring with top-n-tilt.
With the 84 mo financing and zero percent interest you can ease the pain a little.
Couple of addons for consideration. Forks are real nice for loading and unloading hay, also for just moving stuff on the farm. Second would be a fertilizer spreader. I have the LP FSP1000. Made short work on Friday spreading 2000 lbs of lime and 200 lbs of winter rye seed. Good luck with your new machine!

Reactions: 3 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I believe you may wish you had bought a larger tractor. Something that can handle a 6ft mower without having to consider the height of the pasture grass. Thats a lot of money for a compact tractor. You will get the work done alright it just might take longer than you like. I have a B2601 for my 2 acre suburban yard and it might be overkill. I also have an old 40hp Allis Chalmers that I mow trails with at my shack in the country. Bigger is better despite what google says.

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I think Goz covered it pretty well. SSQA is a must, I'd ditch the quick attach loader coupler if possible. Just get the standard 4 line pioneer couplers.

BB1260 is pretty light duty. Maybe check out another brand or look at the medium duty land pride. Maybe check out a flail mower that off sets for pond mowing if the banks aren't to steep.

60 inch bucket and order a tooth bar for it. Maybe a piranha tooth bar from BXpanded. You may also want to add a three point quick hitch in the deal.

What were you planning for snow? Rear blade?

Best of luck to you.

Reactions: 2 users

RegionRat

Equipment
LX3310
Sep 20, 2021
Northwest Indiana
Hello - Newbie here. My first tractor. I have a horse property but only have some goats. I will use it to keep the fields (5-6 acres of fields) from growing up. Brush cutter RCR1260 I think is good and a box scraper for my almost 1/2 mile crushed gravel / dirt driveway. I may also get the snowblower so want to keep that in mind.

Questions:
1) Tires - all around tires for doing field work (not muddy) and driveway grading with box scraper for driveway. Should I get the R14 tire? looks good to me for all around including possibly snow blowing.
2) Quoted $26,106 for LX2610HSDC (cab) (tires filled and radio included) and $4397 for the LA535 front loader with bucket. $850 for the BB1260 Box Scraper and $1899 for the RCR1260 rotary cutter. No sales tax in my state. How is that pricing?
3) On that loader package priced at $4397 I can pick between the 60" bucket or the 54" bucket that has the replaceable edge. The 60" does not have a replaceable edge and I don't think I will wear it out... but the 54" does. Which one should I get?
4) I need to back into close to my ponds and drop the brush cutter at an angle to cut the bushes that are growing up on banks heading into the pond. Is the RCR1260 able to angle down into close to the water on the banks of pond?
4) Wheel extenders...anything else I should consider. anything else?

I almost walked away after sitting in the cab with that hydraulic whine. But, I'm moving forward.

Thanks. Any buying advice much appreciated.
Just curious, what did your dealer tell you the approximate lead time would be? I got on the list for an LX3310 last month. My dealer told me I won't see it till June 2022......at the earliest. According to the dealer, Kubota's manufacturing has been crippled for the last 16 months. I'm a little concerned about QC on anything being manufactured right now.... "hurry up and get units out the door".....maybe I'm over thinking it.

LFP57

Equipment
LX2610 Land pride QH 10, BB1560, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, Top n Tilt, Wicked T
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
I ordered mine back in April, didn't get it until the middle of August, the tractor came in about one month before it was delivered, had to wait until the FEL came in.

i ordered mine with the open station, larger R14s, third function and two sets of rear remotes. I also ordered the BB1560 box blade as well.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
You are on the verge of SCUT/CUT territory. It's a small, lightweight tractor which will likely do most of what you want satisfactorily.
1) R14's are what I'd choose
2) Get 2 other quotes in your area if you are unsure about pricing
3) You have limited loader capacity. I'd get the bigger bucket because it's more useful around the garden. Don't expect it to run like a pay loader with full scoops of gravel, it ain't ever gonna happen.
4) Try the tractor first WITHOUT wheel extenders. You will be better informed to decide to add them or load your tires at that point because you will be less clueless.

Don't be offended by the clueless reference. If you knew what you wanted you wouldn't be asking these questions here. Once you gain enough experience using the tractor the way you want to, you will discover what does and doesn't work for YOU.

My suggestion to newbies is to buy something like a Ford 9N with manual everything and no loader and use it for a couple of years. You will then be better informed on what your wants/needs are and jumping into a new machine will be the cats meow in comparison. You will know what bells and whistles you want/need and will buy accordingly at that point.

Asking opinions on these forums is like getting second opinions from a proctologist and an optometrist about your toothache.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Just curious, what did your dealer tell you the approximate lead time would be? I got on the list for an LX3310 last month. My dealer told me I won't see it till June 2022......at the earliest. According to the dealer, Kubota's manufacturing has been crippled for the last 16 months. I'm a little concerned about QC on anything being manufactured right now.... "hurry up and get units out the door".....maybe I'm over thinking it.
You are not over thinking.

Work bought 2 Scag turf tigers, both have eaten belts within 30 hours and one blew out both front wheel bearings, due to wrong spacers installed at Scag in the same time. Wheel assemblies were replaced, and one mower is at the shop waiting on parts to fix the out of alignment PTO belt.

Years from now, it will be hard to sell anything from 20-21..

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
that is nonsense. Local dealer told me 9 months for LX3310, and I found one an hour and a half away it was ready in a week and a half. They had a bunch of them, as did several other locations. Just keep calling more dealers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
Hey McRockFish

I have an LX2610 cab and I love it. To answer your questions....

1) I have R-14’s and I love them plenty of traction and they don’t rip up grass etc.

2) pricing is pricing. The market is hot right now and prices are on the rise. You could call around and see what others are offering.
3) I have a 54” loader and I have wheel spacers. The 54 isn’t quite wide enough. When plowing snow the edges of the rear tires make tracks. I’m looking for a 60 or 66.

4) I have no experience with that rear mower so I can’t offer any advice. Unlike others that feel the need to give opinions on equipment they never owned or used.
5) I have rear wheel spacers from the dealer. The more stability the better.

I have almost 200 hours on my tractor. I use it a lot. It’s very capable and the cab is the way to go.
I have a 3rd function that I use on several attachments, grapple and post hole digger. I also ended up bringing the tractor back for rear remotes.

the last thing I have that most dont is a load leveler. It took some getting use to but if you ever plan on using pallet forks, they are great, and it stops the bucket from dumping things back on the hood.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
My suggestion to newbies is to buy something like a Ford 9N with manual everything and no loader and use it for a couple of years. You will then be better informed on what your wants/needs are and jumping into a new machine will be the cats meow in comparison. You will know what bells and whistles you want/need and will buy accordingly at that point.

Asking opinions on these forums is like getting second opinions from a proctologist and an optometrist about your toothache.
lol wut?
start out with a tractor that is less forgiving, more difficult to operate, and less capable, no thanks.

Asking here is likely a more focused and educated group than the salesman at the local dealership which may be the only source of information to a new buyer. In this community you have guys with small properties, big properties, gardens, farms, decades of experience, and even some commercial operators.

also no problem getting full scoops of 3/4" on 60" bucket with LA535

to @McRockFish, get the 60" bucket, add rear valves and 3rd function now if you will need them. The rear track without spacers is around 54" (with R4s), adding 3" of width to the rear of the machine is bringing it close to the 60" attachments. If you wish to drop the brush cutter down at an angle, then a hydraulic top link is in your future, means you will need rear valves.

I agree with what @dirtydeed said about the box blade. BB1260 is too light. I have one, in order to use it, I add 350 pounds of suitcase weights to it.

Last edited:

McRockFish

Equipment
LX2610
Oct 3, 2021
New Hampshire
Thanks everybody. Keep it coming.
After listening it feels like:
1) the 60" bucket is the way to go,
2) R14's for tires are good all around time for grading 1/2 mile gravel driveway, field brush mowing, and probably adding a snowblower.
3) sounds like SSQA is agreed on
4) 2 rear remotes seems a smart add on
5) thinking about upgrading the brush cutter and the box blade as recommended

Thanks. keep it coming. I appreciate all the advice.

I would get 2 other quotes but in my area the dealer surrounds me with 9 stores. They own this area and have an exclusive with Kubota in this region.

Also, they have the tractor in stock but I will be waiting on a loader and bucket for 4 weeks at most he says... and for snow, I will probably add and use a snowblower $$$ and not in stock for a bit.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
My old Woods M5 5ft bush hog rotary cutter angles down, not sure why others may not. I have the 3-point adjusted for cutting, and the position control lever does not even start to lift the mower until position 4 or 5 on the lever., and I know it will travel down a bit, how much uncertain.
My B2650 kit as you can see in my sig, for the attachments you're looking at, does extremely well on this "big little" tractor.
Welcome to the K Club!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Hey McRockFish

4) I have no experience with that rear mower so I can’t offer any advice. Unlike others that feel the need to give opinions on equipment they never owned or used.
Not sure who was your intended target for this comment. I don't have a rotary cutter (and didn't comment on it), only a flail mower. It would be handy having an off-set model for ditch/pond duty.

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
Not sure who was your intended target for this comment. I don't have a rotary cutter (and didn't comment on it), only a flail mower. It would be handy having an off-set model for ditch/pond duty.
Sorry DirtyDeed. It wasn’t aimed at anyone. I guess I was just frustrated at asking, and reading other people’s questions and some people chime in that are very opinionated but have never run the equipment they are spouting about. And how people side tract some threads with nonsense.
when someone asks a direct question, then they should receive direct answers. Not be interjected with stuff that was t asked.
Sorry if it came across like I was directing it at anyone specific

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
My advice would be to make sure you bring a new "thumb drive" along when you make your purchase and before you sign......have them load the digital Workshop Service Manual (WSM) along with all the manuals for the other equipment you get. This would also include the parts manuals for each as well. It doesn't cost them anything to give you a digital copy along with the included operator's manuals. The service manual and parts manuals will be of great help to you down the road!

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
Biggest mistake I made was not realizing how inadequate a 5' mower is for cutting approximately 5 acres that is unless you have lots and lots and lots of time on your hands. If you have to cut this amount on a regular basis get a bigger tractor that can pull a larger mower and equally important..........every bit as important is to have more than 25hp to be able to pull said mower up slopes (if you have any) even moderate slopes without having to drop down to low gear that is unless you have lots of time on your hands :)

I am guessing an LX2610 with the extra weight of the cab is really going to struggle on even moderate slopes pulling a 5' mower unless you drop down to low gear and then it is going to be slowwwwww process cutting 5 acres. Not that of a deal if you are mowing infrequently but otherwise look for something with more horsepower and more weight to manage a larger mower. And if you go larger than a 5' mower on the LX2610 then you will probably find the front end of the tractor coming off the ground when you lift the mower which is dangerous.

I would also consider a landplane. I can make my gravel driveway look perfect with the box blade but its a slow process. I love my box blade and use it for moving dirt but a landplane will knock out a gravel drive is a fraction of the time.

Reactions: 1 users

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
Bingo!!!! I knew it would happen!!! Only a matter of time...

I have a 2610 with a cab and a backhoe. The backhoe weights close to 2k pounds and it has no effect on the front end. My box blade is close to 500 pounds. My brush hog is a 5’, I’m not sure of the weight.
However, the front end lifting up has never been an issue or concern. I guess you have a 2610 with a cab and you’ve had the front end lift up? What were you doing with it???

I have a 5’ brush hog and I don’t mow sections of my land until they are 3’ or higher. I move slow but it handles the height just fine. Very rarely do I hear the engine bogging down. I would feel confident running a 6’ brush hog is I was mowing more frequently and I wasn’t trying to mow down small trees.

The R-14 tires have great traction. Plus you would always put it in 4wd. I use my tractor a lot and it handles wet mud in 2wd just fine.
Spacers will help with stability. The kubota spacers are only 1-3/8 on each side, giving you 2-3/4 wider stance overall. You could go with bora spacers but I wanted to keep everything kubota.

time spent mowing is a good concern. However, in the cab you will be cool and dry. I have ISOTunes and I listen to music etc. next week I’m mounting a 32” plasma TV in the cab so I can watch “sex in the city “ while I’m clearing brush.

I knew it would happen!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users