Not open for further replies.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
WOW
I havent been here in a month and the covid thread is still growing like the unvaccinated are dieing. And thats the choice people make. Let'um Die.
I see the federally mandated vaccine Does Not Apply to anyone in the white house or congress or senate. Shocking ? No
The presidential part of the government can't mandate anything in the congressional or judicial branches.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Maybe you never heard the old addage that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?
Ben Franklin coined that phrase and was talking about fire prevention. Later on in history a substance called ASBESTOS was used for for many things including fire prevention. Back then everybody thought it was safe. Years layer come to find it it was not. Sure it prevented fires but it also caused lung problems and death.

D

Deleted member 47704

I'm amazed at the anger unvaccinated have toward vaccinated. We have a guy at work who told us he will quit if he finds out anyone there got the vaccine.Says vaccinated people shed toxins. :rolleyes:
He is also a Luddite, conspiracy theorist, annoying jesus freak and drives a Chivy.:ROFLMAO: Do we hold it against him? no, but he flips out over a persons freedom of choice

Company policy is to honor the HIPAA rule.We did the distancing thing.Don't show up with a temp. No one even got a cold in over a year.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Maybe you never heard the old addage that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?
You can think it’s impossible to get Covid if you are vaxed, but the only way to keep from getting Covid is staying away from everyone. Sure, you can do that, but otherwise, we neeed to spend a little time on telling people what they should do (either vaxed or nonvaxed) when they get it. Maybe it was going to be a mild case … maybe not.

So, you can try to prevent something that is pretty much impossible or try prevent something from getting worse.

True story today … relative stopped by and called first to say are you all vaxed? Not everyone was vaxed. She said if you aren’t I’m going to wear my mask. It was just a simple cloth one, btw. It would have been funny if my wife replied that we needed to wear a mask because she and her husband were vaxed, and we weren’t even if it wasn’t true. Not that the mask is a sufficient level of protection. Btw, her husband didn’t wear a mask. The others of us didn’t either.

At this point, the people vaxed far exceed the unvaxed. It stands to reason they are the ones spreading it if you believe they get milder symptoms. They keep running around like all is well spreading as they go. Meanwhile the unvaxed are all in the hospital dying if you believe the same sources. I’m sure they aren’t spreading a lot on their deathbed.

Of course, the vaxed say it’s all the unvaxed fault. The wild card is those with natural immunity. A few of those have had Covid more than once, so they can spread it too.

Meanwhile, the truth is in the middle … anyone can spread Covid. Anyone can get, so we need to make sure people do the right thing like stay at home when they are sick and take care of themselves.

Reactions: 1 user

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
You can think it’s impossible to get Covid if you are vaxed, but the only way to keep from getting Covid is staying away from everyone.

At this point, the people vaxed far exceed the unvaxed. It stands to reason they are the ones spreading it if you believe they get milder symptoms. They keep running around like all is well spreading as they go. Meanwhile the unvaxed are all in the hospital dying if you believe the same sources. I’m sure they aren’t spreading a lot on their deathbed.

Of course, the vaxed say it’s all the unvaxed fault.
I never said nor implied that it's impossible to get COVID if you're vaccinated.

You make an assertion that " it stands to reason" on exactly zero data to back up that the vaccinated are the ones spreading COVID, when all reports I have read from hospital staffers is that 90% or better of the seriously ill covid patients admit to being unvaccinated and they don't know whom they got it from.

Yep, at least dying prevents you from spreading it. Permanently.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
exactly zero data to back up that the vaccinated are the ones spreading COVID, when all reports I have read from hospital staffers is that 90% or better of the seriously ill covid patients admit to being unvaccinated and they don't know whom they got it from.
I'm not sure why you don't believe most people are vexed. That's real data.. That's from the people you believe, right?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I got the shot Tuesday. 4 hours later to the ER for severe redness in the chest and neck area, diagnosed with Pleurisy. It ain't not fun. Home now but very uncomfortable, better than yesterday though.
Which vaccine did you get? Moderna or Pfizer?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I'm not sure why you don't believe most people are vexed. That's real data.. That's from the people you believe, right?
I'm sure that "vexed" was a typo for "vaxed", but it did turn into a rather amusing Freudian slip to me.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You know in retrospect think I may have started this thread on the wrong foot, but it has evolved into a relatively civil and reasonable discussion.

But it really looks like there are two separate sides to the vaccination issue. Each side tends to be critical of the other. Each side seems to believe that the other has made a mistake in their decision.

But I can’t help but to think that the motivation may be different. It almost seems like that both sides are trying to prove to themselves that they made the right decision.

But that knowledge will probably not be obvious for the next 10 or 20 years. There are examples where approved drugs ended up being detrimental to those that used them. It happens. Anybody that believes an approved procedure is 100% going to work as planned, better reassess their interpretation of reality.

So it gets back to what I’ve said I felt in previous posts, that we make a decision and we live with the results.

It would really be helpful to me personally if someone would object to the statement that we make a decision and we live with the results.

Only because that is basically a core belief in my make up…

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
You know in retrospect think I may have started this thread on the wrong foot, but it has evolved into a relatively civil and reasonable discussion.

But it really looks like there are two separate sides to the vaccination issue. Each side tends to be critical of the other. Each side seems to believe that the other has made a mistake in their decision.

But I can’t help but to think that the motivation may be different. It almost seems like that both sides are trying to prove to themselves that they made the right decision.

But that knowledge will probably not be obvious for the next 10 or 20 years. There are examples where approved drugs ended up being detrimental to those that used them. It happens. Anybody that believes an approved procedure is 100% going to work as planned, better reassess their interpretation of reality.

So it gets back to what I’ve said I felt in previous posts, that we make a decision and we live with the results.

It would really be helpful to me personally if someone would object to the statement that we make a decision and we live with the results.

It really depends on what you mean by “live with the results”.

if you mean lives with the medical consequences of this decision, I heartily agree.

if you mean are ostracized, punished, denied medical care, denied human and constitutional rights to travel and associate, and are otherwise are abused, and the consequences of that abuse, I stridently disagree.

Reactions: 4 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Freedom is a core belief in my makeup and many others. Like freedom to choose what experimental untested drugs to put in my body, half the country feels the same way.

And no, a lot of people DO NOT have a choice. Its lose their job or career or submit. Thats coercion.

I dont blame politicians or media for that coercion either . Its our neighbors or "friends" on the internet who put the ultimate power into hands of those who would abuse it this way.

I blame folks like YOU

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
I have a question for all the mandatory vaccine NAZI'S in this thread. If you are vaccinated and the vaccine works, WTF does it matter to you if others are not vaccinated? After all, you are protected from the virus, or are you?

Reactions: 1 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
As for evidence, it's out there if you're actually interested in seeing it. Same for HCQ. But I've found that most people won't be swayed by any amount of evidence.
Just came across this. Pubmed, NIH. Is that a reliable source?

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
The reason why influenza numbers are down is because of the COVID precautions people are taking. They’re masking, washing their hands, and distancing…and since the flu is transmitted just like COVID, these measures are effective.
That is one theory. Another theory is that many of the flu cases are being diagnosed as Covid.

I haven't seen any evidence to support either. But I have seen evidence that the precautions actually aren't that effective (as previously posted) so I have to wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.