• Love
Reactions: 1 user

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
That's the first time that I have heard about waiting that long.
Not what we were hoping for but do to a shortage of vaccines our great leaders decided it was better to get one shot in everyones arms first and then go round 2 with a maximum of 4 months between shots. All we can do is hope they know what their talking about and sooner or later everyones has to be right, well at least once. :rolleyes:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Oops. you typed faster than me.

When the (4) of us got our shots, they scheduled appointments for the second ones at the same time, all within 3-4 weeks.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Oops. you typed faster than me.

When the (4) of us got our shots, they scheduled appointments for the second ones at the same time, all within 3-4 weeks.
Yes they scheduled us for the second shot at the same time. There are many studies published explaining it better than I can. Here is one link I came across.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Construction is BOOMING more than it has in a loooong time. Construction sites are swarmed with more people than usual. Jobs are at a fast pace so they can move onto another quickly.

I go to construction sites every day and can tell you with first hand experience. nobody complies with local mandates on social distancing or masks or even hand sanitizing, its business as usual..normalcy....YET nobody is getting sick.

We are in close contact, air moving all over, dirty, multiple people in vehicles for long rides. touching things that others have just touched, sharing tools telling jokes, laughing out loud, etc, etc YET VIRTUALLY NOBODY IS GETTING SICK.

So apparently, construction workers are naturally immune so why do i need that vaccine?

Reactions: 2 users

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Construction is BOOMING more than it has in a loooong time. Construction sites are swarmed with more people than usual. Jobs are at a fast pace so they can move onto another quickly.

I go to construction sites every day and can tell you with first hand experience. nobody complies with local mandates on social distancing or masks or even hand sanitizing, its business as usual..normalcy....YET nobody is getting sick.

We are in close contact, air moving all over, dirty, multiple people in vehicles for long rides. touching things that others have just touched, sharing tools telling jokes, laughing out loud, etc, etc YET VIRTUALLY NOBODY IS GETTING SICK.

So apparently, construction workers are naturally immune so why do i need that vaccine?
You may be right. I spent 4 months on a construction project last summer in Palm Beach County, FLA during the height of the Covid outbreak ... while PBC was a national hotspot, and not one Covid case...

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Thats been my experience through the whole pandemic. Been in and out of different jobsites. Dealing with loads of different people daily. Multiple stays in different states.

Reactions: 1 users

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Finally got us scheduled for next Thursday at One of the Walmarts in Longview. Our county has received almost zilch in vaccine.
We got our 1st Moderno on the 11th. Sore arm the. Next day but it went away .
my Wife's sister & husnad had thier 1st phizer & both got a mild case of shingles. I also met a guy last week while RVing near Freeport that had a bad case of shingles after phizer shot.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Not what we were hoping for but do between shots. All we can do is hope they know what their talking about and sooner or later everyones has to be right, well at least once. :rolleyes:
Hope in one hand and crap in the other. Which hand gets full first

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
We got our 1st Moderno on the 11th. Sore arm the. Next day but it went away .
my Wife's sister & husnad had thier 1st phizer & both got a mild case of shingles. I also met a guy last week while RVing near Freeport that had a bad case of shingles after phizer shot.
Wife and I got our first shot of AstraZeneca yesterday, no real side effects.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I know of a guy locally who killed himself in a car wreck trying to speed around a line of stopped cars, listed as a covid death.
Funny, my aunt knows the same guy - and so does a co-worker. This unfortunate dude must have really gotten around.

• Haha

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Hope in one hand and crap in the other. Which hand gets full first
I was a little concerned about the blood clot thing because not quite four years ago after surgery I suffered with a blood clot for a spell, wouldn't want to go through that again. Doc assured me there would be no problem and that the instances reported where women 50 and under who were on birth control pill and they still didn't have any proof that it was the vaccine that caused it.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
This article is interesting.

Yes on the face of it it looks like an interesting article pile of misinformation.
Lets look at the 'publisher' of this masterpiece and some of the wonderous articles they have recently brought to light (from Wikipedia):

American Thinker is a daily online magazine dealing with American politics from a conservative viewpoint.[1][2] It was founded in 2003 by Ed Lasky, a Northbrook lawyer, Richard Baehr, a Chicago health-care consultant, and Thomas Lifson, a Berkeley, California sociologist and business adviser.[3]

The magazine has been described as a conservative blog.[4][5] The Southern Poverty Law Center has called the site "a not so thoughtful far-right online publication."[6]

No code has to be inserted here.
One of the American Thinker's most prolific contributors, Raymond Ibrahim, has written over 100 articles extremely critical of Islam.[7]

Another, David Solway, in the months following the 2020 presidential election, contributed seven articles perpetuating the myth of a stolen election based on evidence such as "Biden’s rallies routinely featured twenty or so vehicles in a car park. That alone tells us that Biden was never in the game."[8][9]

In 2009, in the wake of the election of Barack Obama, the American Thinker joined a wave of conservative media publications discussing the possibility of a second Civil War. They forecast the possibility of "several regional republics" emerging following the "overbearing, oppressive leviathan" of Obama's presidency.[10]

A 2008 column in the American Thinker drew attention to a California plan to require programmable thermostats that could be controlled by officials in the event of power-supply difficulties. According to The New York Times, the column was totally false

Right Wing Watch has written about American Thinker, including that the site had in 2014 published a complimentary piece on white nationalist Jared Taylor and in 2015 asserted that rainbow-colored Doritos are a "gateway snack to introduce children to the joys of homosexuality".[12]

In a 2020 blog post on the site, Thomas Lifson referenced a paper published in Geophysical Research Letters to claim that sea level rise has been slow and constant, and that this rise pre-dated industrialization. This claim went viral over social media in March 2020.[14] The author of the paper describes this interpretation as factually incorrect, constituting climate misinformation.[14]

Let us not forget the author of the quoted piece. Because its written down and/or on the internet whatever he writes must be true? Who is he? A google search was unable to uncover any 'expert' with his name. What has he published that has been peer reviewed? Nothing I could find.

So the disinformation train chugs along.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Yes on the face of it it looks like an interesting article pile of misinformation.
Lets look at the 'publisher' of this masterpiece and some of the wonderous articles they have recently brought to light (from Wikipedia):

American Thinker is a daily online magazine dealing with American politics from a conservative viewpoint.[1][2] It was founded in 2003 by Ed Lasky, a Northbrook lawyer, Richard Baehr, a Chicago health-care consultant, and Thomas Lifson, a Berkeley, California sociologist and business adviser.[3]

The magazine has been described as a conservative blog.[4][5] The Southern Poverty Law Center has called the site "a not so thoughtful far-right online publication."[6]

No code has to be inserted here.
One of the American Thinker's most prolific contributors, Raymond Ibrahim, has written over 100 articles extremely critical of Islam.[7]

Another, David Solway, in the months following the 2020 presidential election, contributed seven articles perpetuating the myth of a stolen election based on evidence such as "Biden’s rallies routinely featured twenty or so vehicles in a car park. That alone tells us that Biden was never in the game."[8][9]

In 2009, in the wake of the election of Barack Obama, the American Thinker joined a wave of conservative media publications discussing the possibility of a second Civil War. They forecast the possibility of "several regional republics" emerging following the "overbearing, oppressive leviathan" of Obama's presidency.[10]

A 2008 column in the American Thinker drew attention to a California plan to require programmable thermostats that could be controlled by officials in the event of power-supply difficulties. According to The New York Times, the column was totally false

Right Wing Watch has written about American Thinker, including that the site had in 2014 published a complimentary piece on white nationalist Jared Taylor and in 2015 asserted that rainbow-colored Doritos are a "gateway snack to introduce children to the joys of homosexuality".[12]

In a 2020 blog post on the site, Thomas Lifson referenced a paper published in Geophysical Research Letters to claim that sea level rise has been slow and constant, and that this rise pre-dated industrialization. This claim went viral over social media in March 2020.[14] The author of the paper describes this interpretation as factually incorrect, constituting climate misinformation.[14]

Let us not forget the author of the quoted piece. Because its written down and/or on the internet whatever he writes must be true? Who is he? A google search was unable to uncover any 'expert' with his name. What has he published that has been peer reviewed? Nothing I could find.

So the disinformation train chugs along.
You want to quote The Southern Poverty Law Center as a reputable source? That is one of the most liberal POS anti-American, George Soros funded organisations that is an anathema to our God given freedoms. They have ZERO credibility!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.