Status
Not open for further replies.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Yes on the face of it it looks like an interesting article pile of misinformation.
Lets look at the 'publisher' of this masterpiece and some of the wonderous articles they have recently brought to light (from Wikipedia):

American Thinker is a daily online magazine dealing with American politics from a conservative viewpoint.[1][2] It was founded in 2003 by Ed Lasky, a Northbrook lawyer, Richard Baehr, a Chicago health-care consultant, and Thomas Lifson, a Berkeley, California sociologist and business adviser.[3]

The magazine has been described as a conservative blog.[4][5] The Southern Poverty Law Center has called the site "a not so thoughtful far-right online publication."[6]

No code has to be inserted here.
One of the American Thinker's most prolific contributors, Raymond Ibrahim, has written over 100 articles extremely critical of Islam.[7]

Another, David Solway, in the months following the 2020 presidential election, contributed seven articles perpetuating the myth of a stolen election based on evidence such as "Biden’s rallies routinely featured twenty or so vehicles in a car park. That alone tells us that Biden was never in the game."[8][9]

In 2009, in the wake of the election of Barack Obama, the American Thinker joined a wave of conservative media publications discussing the possibility of a second Civil War. They forecast the possibility of "several regional republics" emerging following the "overbearing, oppressive leviathan" of Obama's presidency.[10]

A 2008 column in the American Thinker drew attention to a California plan to require programmable thermostats that could be controlled by officials in the event of power-supply difficulties. According to The New York Times, the column was totally false

Right Wing Watch has written about American Thinker, including that the site had in 2014 published a complimentary piece on white nationalist Jared Taylor and in 2015 asserted that rainbow-colored Doritos are a "gateway snack to introduce children to the joys of homosexuality".[12]

In a 2020 blog post on the site, Thomas Lifson referenced a paper published in Geophysical Research Letters to claim that sea level rise has been slow and constant, and that this rise pre-dated industrialization. This claim went viral over social media in March 2020.[14] The author of the paper describes this interpretation as factually incorrect, constituting climate misinformation.[14]

Let us not forget the author of the quoted piece. Because its written down and/or on the internet whatever he writes must be true? Who is he? A google search was unable to uncover any 'expert' with his name. What has he published that has been peer reviewed? Nothing I could find.

So the disinformation train chugs along.
Did you skip your TDS vaccination?

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
You want to quote The Southern Poverty Law Center as a reputable source? That is one of the most liberal POS anti-American, George Soros funded organisations that is an anathema to our God given freedoms. They have ZERO credibility!
It seems like their goals are laudable. Who would disagree with them?
From Wikipedia
The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is an American 501(c)(3) nonprofit legal advocacy organization specializing in civil rights and public interest litigation.[3] Based in Montgomery, Alabama, it is known for its legal cases against white supremacist groups, its classification of hate groups and other extremist organizations, and for promoting tolerance education programs.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Its a great day today! My 2nd shot in 1-1/2 hours :)

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
So back to our regular programming.

We (wife and I) are now 4 weeks past our second Moderna vaccination. Even though mandatory mask usage has been lifted, many establishments still have signs requiring mask wear to enter. Some folks comply and many ignore which I see as a lack of respect. If an establishment makes a request then we should be obligated to comply, whether we agree or not, before entering. Respect or lack thereof.

Personally I think that masks have been vastly overly required, overrated, and overused, but it seems to calm fears so we will continue to comply. I wish that there was a "Vaccinated" button to wear but they would be counterfeited. :rolleyes:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It seems like their goals are laudable. Who would disagree with them?
From Wikipedia
The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is an American 501(c)(3) nonprofit legal advocacy organization specializing in civil rights and public interest litigation.[3] Based in Montgomery, Alabama, it is known for its legal cases against white supremacist groups, its classification of hate groups and other extremist organizations, and for promoting tolerance education programs.
One should be aware Wikipedia slants their opinion of who ever they describe based on what THEY want the public to think.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A young farmer I know ( my new JW) got the J&J, one and done shot last week, he is a diabetic , and the following day wound up in the hospital, due to his sugar being around 600, which I think is enough to kill a person. Maybe all it means is he was allergic to it, or maybe if you are getting the J&J you might want to mention it, I hope you fair well

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I would like to see a study on how long you have antibodies from either getting the Rona or getting the vaccine. Anyone know? We got the Rona around Christmas so we are holding on going in for the vaccine. Based on my symptoms with the Rona, I’d rather get it than the vaccine. Same with the flu.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
So back to our regular programming.

We (wife and I) are now 4 weeks past our second Moderna vaccination. Even though mandatory mask usage has been lifted, many establishments still have signs requiring mask wear to enter. Some folks comply and many ignore which I see as a lack of respect. If an establishment makes a request then we should be obligated to comply, whether we agree or not, before entering. Respect or lack thereof.

Personally I think that masks have been vastly overly required, overrated, and overused, but it seems to calm fears so we will continue to comply. I wish that there was a "Vaccinated" button to wear but they would be counterfeited. :rolleyes:
I see businesses around here with sign requiring wearing a mask. I have a couple of those blue mask I've gotten at a hospital visit, and installed one over my ears to comply because I needed what was in the store. When I get in there there were employees not wearing mask. That was a month ago, and I seldom need to go into a store so I just go in and get what I need and get out, no mask. The checkout folks have a large shield to "protect" them.

It all seems to be a method to control people, to see how far they will bend without complaint. Is everyone still being vigilant at the gas pump, using gloves and wiping with alcohol? How about wiping off all the food that comes into the house, or leave it out in the garage for a day? The 6' anti-social distance measurement has now become 3'. You get injections and you still need to keep distance between others, wear a mask, and on and on. At what point with "those who know how to handle this" tell us well we don't need all the devices and measurements they have been saying?

A friend who is a business owner with several employees for several years in Texas said, " I talked to a cousin who's a orthopedic surgeon at major hospital in houston....dangdest thing . He says that despite all the covid deaths at the hospital. There was no increase in total deaths over the previous 2 years.....huh,..go figure."

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I see businesses around here with sign requiring wearing a mask. I have a couple of those blue mask I've gotten at a hospital visit, and installed one over my ears to comply because I needed what was in the store. When I get in there there were employees not wearing mask. That was a month ago, and I seldom need to go into a store so I just go in and get what I need and get out, no mask. The checkout folks have a large shield to "protect" them.

It all seems to be a method to control people, to see how far they will bend without complaint. Is everyone still being vigilant at the gas pump, using gloves and wiping with alcohol? How about wiping off all the food that comes into the house, or leave it out in the garage for a day? The 6' anti-social distance measurement has now become 3'. You get injections and you still need to keep distance between others, wear a mask, and on and on. At what point with "those who know how to handle this" tell us well we don't need all the devices and measurements they have been saying?

A friend who is a business owner with several employees for several years in Texas said, " I talked to a cousin who's a orthopedic surgeon at major hospital in houston....dangdest thing . He says that despite all the covid deaths at the hospital. There was no increase in total deaths over the previous 2 years.....huh,..go figure."
Early CDC numbers (these take months to finalize) show an extra 400,000 deaths nationwide in 2020. A 15% increase over 2019, the largest single-year percentage increase since (ironically) 1918. I would go with CDC data (collected under prior administration if that matters to you) over somebody's friend's cousin they have never met and who would have no reason to have actual data. YMMV.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I knew someone would enjoy that comment!;)

And the CDC know all facts! Aren't they the head coach on this team?
I am sure CDC is not perfect, but if you were suggesting your friend's cousin's orthopedist opinion without data would be useful to OTT watchers, I suggest the CDC's data would be at least as useful. But that is the beauty of conspiracies, no data or evidence can dissuade the believers. Ironically, the existence of such counter-evidence only serves to prove the conspiracy is working hard to generate it to further trick us.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I would like to see a study on how long you have antibodies from either getting the Rona or getting the vaccine. Anyone know? We got the Rona around Christmas so we are holding on going in for the vaccine. Based on my symptoms with the Rona, I’d rather get it than the vaccine. Same with the flu.
There are ongoing studies. Here is one.

Bottom line some immune cells last 6 to 8 months so far, but there are also examples of reinfection. May depend a lot on how good your immune system is.
Needless to say data for long term effectiveness of vaccines not available.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
Unless you have some comorbidities, you have nothing to worry about. The death rate is .002% and 80% of those are people over 65 with comorbidities.
I don't worry about dying myself, I worry about giving it to someone with a comorbidity I was unaware of (including some who themselves can't get the vaccine for medical reasons), and not wanting to be part of a host pool that increases the likelihood of variants - which could either reverse growing immunity or have higher lethality. All healthy individuals play a big role in generating herd immunity for all vaccine-eligible diseases - sometimes we have to think of more than "me".

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I honestly do no know what we are being controlled by at this time?? Fear, ignorance, uncaring disrespect, overabundance of respect, or what ??

I have seen some very "healthy" friends and acquaintances taken down and taken out by this Covid. It certainly affects different folks very differently, enough so that I know that I do not want it. Younger folks think that they are invincible and bullet proof anyway, but I am in an age group that has buried enough of my friends and relatives to know better.

I am not expecting any long term immunity. Heck I already get a "different" flu shot each year anyway.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
It blows me away that people will GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to avoid getting covid, but RUN to get the non-vaccine with a meriad of possible side-effects.

I am glad I got the actual covid.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
It blows me away that people will GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to avoid getting covid, but RUN to get the non-vaccine with a meriad of possible side-effects.

Actual covid = 400,000 or so deaths in US
Vaccine = 0 deaths in US

Covid is kicking the vaccine's butt in the lethality game.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
You are in a race that I would choose not to participate in and your description of the vaccine: "the non-vaccine with a meriad of possible side-effects" appears to be an opinion and serves no useful purpose.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
My second Moderna shot was Tuesday. Wed afternoon got some chills, headache, spiked a little fever for a couple hours, and Wed night had terrible stomach pain, I think because I took an NSAID on an empty stomach (forgot to eat) earlier that day. Nothing so bad I couldn’t do chores outside. All better today, Thursday. One friend felt kind of flu-ish for a several days. Most other friends had no reaction. I would say it was disagreeable but not that bad. Worth it.
On my first one arm was sore for a while but on the second one I was pretty sick (102.3) for about 24 hours, about 12 hours after the shot.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Early CDC numbers (these take months to finalize) show an extra 400,000 deaths nationwide in 2020. A 15% increase over 2019, the largest single-year percentage increase since (ironically) 1918. I would go with CDC data (collected under prior administration if that matters to you) over somebody's friend's cousin they have never met and who would have no reason to have actual data. YMMV.
Odd thing is that we get nightly Covid death counts for the counties in our part of the commonwealth, all of PA and the whole USofA. Then if we want to know the numbers for different cancers, heart attacks, suicides, etc we need to wait at least a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.