What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Sharryn, might want to consider starting a pile for your "processed hay". Use your loader to pick it up and roll it over once in a while. Then periodically take material off the bottom edges and put on your garden. You'll be sure to not have too hot of manure on your new garden plants.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Used an antifreeze mix and it worked well. Very 'slippery' feeling.

Why ATF?
ATF is the more common mix as it is an oil based product. Anti-freeze is hygroscopic, absorbs/mixes with water. I'd think you'd want more of a lubricant than something meant to modify freezing/boiling points. Now I'm not saying that it won't work or isn't a good mix, I have no data on antifreeze/acetone mixes. There is significant data on a 50/50 mix of ATF and Acetone as being the best of the penetrants, even over the commercial ones.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Sharryn, might want to consider starting a pile for your "processed hay". Use your loader to pick it up and roll it over once in a while. Then periodically take material off the bottom edges and put on your garden. You'll be sure to not have too hot of manure on your new garden plants.
Yeah, I'd run it through a composting cycle myself, however, I know a lot of folks that do direct add and let it mix in over the winter. Some even want the new stuff to be hot to keep existing plants warm in winter. Knew a lady that did this to her roses over the winter after she cut them down. Banked them with manure and straw. Before the snow had even fully melted the roses were going nuts.

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
Oh yeah, I'm putting it on where the garden is finished for the year for now. Then once the rest of the garden is done I'll spread it out and run the tiller through it. It should be well cooled down by gardening time next year. The "new" manure will be piled up in a corner and turned like you said. Thanks for the advice!

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
Had a dead elm tree drop over a couple of days ago, so today we (Kubota & I) cleaned it up.

Oh yeah, that furry thing is my supervisor :eek:

What ever did I do before my Kubota?!

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Ran my hammermill for two hours straight, didnt fizz on the Kubota at all. Sips a little bit of fuel and preps wood chips for my pellet mill. 2200 rpms and it seems like its not working at all. Need to tune the hammermill, it makes more racket than the 'Bota.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Tooljunkie, a friend got a hammermill that looks just like yours. It has several screens and sets on an axle with rubber tires. He got it at an auction in Minn. and hauled it down here! Works good. He paid $47 for it.

He cracks corn and other grains. He puts hay/grass through one of the screens, then mixes with the corn to feed some of his animals.

SDMauler

Equipment
2009 BX2360TV60, RCK60B-23BX
Aug 8, 2014
Parker, SD
Changed the T-stat to fix an overheating problem ( partial success, still gets hot under load), changed the oil and filter.

Dug a hole for a pond liner, about 2 feet deep, 5 feet wide, 8 feet long. Used the rototiller to loosen the soil, then pushed the dirt out with the front dozer blade. Worked great until I hit a giant rock and broke the shear pin on the tiller. More on order with Land Pride. First time I broke one in 6 years. Tried an ungraded bolt, then a shear bolt from a snow blower, and accomplished nothing but turning the tiller into a rotary bolt cutter!

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Changed the T-stat to fix an overheating problem ( partial success, still gets hot under load), changed the oil and filter.

Dug a hole for a pond liner, about 2 feet deep, 5 feet wide, 8 feet long. Used the rototiller to loosen the soil, then pushed the dirt out with the front dozer blade. Worked great until I hit a giant rock and broke the shear pin on the tiller. More on order with Land Pride. First time I broke one in 6 years. Tried an ungraded bolt, then a shear bolt from a snow blower, and accomplished nothing but turning the tiller into a rotary bolt cutter!
Standard Grade 2 bolt is all a sheer bolt is. Even Kubota admitted that in a manual I read on one of their equipment items. Your hardware store has them.

Your overheat problem may be caused by a plugged radiator. Yes, I know it can look really clean, but trust me, it's not. Flush those fins out with a strong water stream followed up by some compressed air. You'll be surprised at the difference. Of course, all of that is assuming the water pump is working properly, so I'd check that first.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
First fire in wood stove last night. 30 deg f this AM. Switched from Power Service grey to white. Sorting wood piles and topping off wood shed.
Just a touch of orange about the home place!

Attachments

speedymph1000

May 18, 2015
Alabama

it turned out really nice and the lights work wonderfully. I already have two neighbors wanting me to build them a top. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: