All B3350 Owners

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I think they reflashed it’s PCM 2-3 years ago. What are the other recommendations on updates? From what I’ve read I’m still going to have problems in the future even with the updated reformer. I’m stuck with this tractor for another 8000 hours and 20 years unfortunately, that’s our general replacement cycle on a machine.

I’m very interested in North Idaho Wolfmans idea of modifying the system, I know they sell dpf delete kits. Just haven’t seen anyone overcome the computer successfully yet. Can’t exactly ask my employer to buy an emissions delete
There have been multiple "upgrades" since your tractor was built.

Your dealer can (and should) determine what remains to be done from your tractor's serial number.

Not sure if Kubota will cover the cost if it is out of emissions warranty???

Good luck with 8,000 hours and 20 years.

SDT

87mark7lsc

Equipment
B3030
May 23, 2020
Buffalo, NY, USA
There have been multiple "upgrades" since your tractor was built.

Your dealer can (and should) determine what remains to be done from your tractor's serial number.

Not sure if Kubota will cover the cost if it is out of emissions warranty???

Good luck with 8,000 hours and 20 years.

SDT
Yeah they haven’t been super helpful. I think they tried to rip me off on the warranty actually. They tried to charge me the whole $2800 and we got into a heated discussion. Hung up the phone and two minutes later they called back, said they had spoke to the Kubota rep and they would warranty the part. There’s no way they were able to have that conversation in a minutes time. I think Kubota had already approved the warranty and the dealer was trying to get an extra $2200 out of the job.

I have the new snorkel, the bra and the PCM reflash. I haven’t heard of any other updates

vanquisher

Equipment
B3350
Sep 21, 2018
Lagrangeville NY
I really want to get me one of these with major issues so I can "fix" it.
That model of engine will run without a computer trying to control it. ;)
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking of doing. It’s an awesome model love the tractor just the nagging feeling of knowing there will be an issue kills it. When the time comes I will have a motor to replace it. Im
Sure there will be some modifications. The trade in value is a joke

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking of doing. It’s an awesome model love the tractor just the nagging feeling of knowing there will be an issue kills it. When the time comes I will have a motor to replace it. Im
Sure there will be some modifications. The trade in value is a joke
You don't need to change the motor to make it run without the emissions and computer equipment.

If I find one I'll post up more details.

Reactions: 2 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Yeah they haven’t been super helpful. I think they tried to rip me off on the warranty actually. They tried to charge me the whole $2800 and we got into a heated discussion. Hung up the phone and two minutes later they called back, said they had spoke to the Kubota rep and they would warranty the part. There’s no way they were able to have that conversation in a minutes time. I think Kubota had already approved the warranty and the dealer was trying to get an extra $2200 out of the job.

I have the new snorkel, the bra and the PCM reflash. I haven’t heard of any other updates
That would not surprise me one bit.

SDT

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
Sell the DPF and dozer stuff on ebay $1000+, Block off some coolant and other crap, get you a bobcat muffler and crank up the jam.

Still got $500 left? More boost for you.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
I have been seeing the same b3350 for sale on Facebook for about 6 months with just a mower deck with 600 ish hours. Started at 20k now down to 15..

87mark7lsc

Equipment
B3030
May 23, 2020
Buffalo, NY, USA
Wow just put 3 hours on my B3350 after Kubota put the brand new updated reformer and new air blower unit on and it’s beeping and lit up flashing like a Christmas tree. Running full bore, tried to auto regen on its own for an hour, parked regen failed twice. Dealer is stumped. Unbelievable...

Sprad

Equipment
B3350
Oct 29, 2020
WV
Wow just put 3 hours on my B3350 after Kubota put the brand new updated reformer and new air blower unit on and it’s beeping and lit up flashing like a Christmas tree. Running full bore, tried to auto regen on its own for an hour, parked regen failed twice. Dealer is stumped. Unbelievable...
You dealer should not be stumped unless he is new or an extremely low volume dealer. Most likely he is is stumped because Kubota has refused to solve this problem for years at the customers expense. I had dpf issues within the first ten hours on mine. Mine runs great now and the fix is about 1k.

87mark7lsc

Equipment
B3030
May 23, 2020
Buffalo, NY, USA
You dealer should not be stumped unless he is new or an extremely low volume dealer. Most likely he is is stumped because Kubota has refused to solve this problem for years at the customers expense. I had dpf issues within the first ten hours on mine. Mine runs great now and the fix is about 1k.
What was done to yours?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Tell us what the $1K fix is.

I'm sure that most, if not all, B3350 owners would like to do the same to ours.

SDT

Last edited:

87mark7lsc

Equipment
B3030
May 23, 2020
Buffalo, NY, USA
Got my B3350 back today and so far so good. The dealer tech said that the reformer was filthy after the 3 hours of run time and 3 failed regeneration attempts (1 auto, 2 manual). He said there was a poor connection and a missing washer on one glow plug. Odd since we’ve never touched those since new.

But anyways, he also told me that Kubota just issued a bulletin that they will be offering lifetime reformer replacements for 3350 owners under warranty now. So that’s definitely a good thing. The tech told me that he’s had to replace his reformer 3 times on his personal tractor

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Got my B3350 back today and so far so good. The dealer tech said that the reformer was filthy after the 3 hours of run time and 3 failed regeneration attempts (1 auto, 2 manual). He said there was a poor connection and a missing washer on one glow plug. Odd since we’ve never touched those since new.

But anyways, he also told me that Kubota just issued a bulletin that they will be offering lifetime reformer replacements for 3350 owners under warranty now. So that’s definitely a good thing. The tech told me that he’s had to replace his reformer 3 times on his personal tractor
Interesting, Mark.

Do you know if the lifetime warranty covers the DPF as well and if it is transferrable to subsequent owners?

SDT

Last edited:

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Lifetime warrenty= Life of the tractor (PSB-2021-050-E) dated 03/31/2021

" Extend reformer system warranty for the lifetime of the machine The reformer system components will be warranted for the lifetime of the machine. A failure with obvious and deliberate customer interference will not be warrantable. Correct operation and understanding of the emissions system by the customer is vital to ensuring longevity and reliability. Warranty submissions must still be well documented with a detailed explanation of the failure, photos of any damaged parts as well as a project file. "

They are covering:
<>90amp alternator kit for Cab units with Excessive Power consumption during regeneration. (PSB-2015-069)
<>Reformer assembly
<>Air blower assembly
<>DPF muffler assembly
<>Sensors

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Lifetime warrenty= Life of the tractor (PSB-2021-050-E) dated 03/31/2021

" Extend reformer system warranty for the lifetime of the machine The reformer system components will be warranted for the lifetime of the machine. A failure with obvious and deliberate customer interference will not be warrantable. Correct operation and understanding of the emissions system by the customer is vital to ensuring longevity and reliability. Warranty submissions must still be well documented with a detailed explanation of the failure, photos of any damaged parts as well as a project file. "

They are covering:
<>90amp alternator kit for Cab units with Excessive Power consumption during regeneration. (PSB-2015-069)
<>Reformer assembly
<>Air blower assembly
<>DPF muffler assembly
<>Sensors
That is pretty complete.