All B3350 Owners

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
sheepfarmer -

Thanks for the info, I will be getting one of those screens you are talking about as I intend to use the 3350 for blowing snow due to the extra power over the 2650, (66" blower I think is the one I got - bigger of the 2) I was aware of the issues with the 3350 before I purchased but the big wigs we met with from Kubota backed the machine up didn't try to sway me away from it so we will see. If I didn't need the extra power in a compact footprint I would have just got another 2650.

All equipment will stay in our heated shop during the winter, and come initial freeze up I retire the equipment from trenching until spring thaw. The 2650 will get the snow pusher mounted on it for the lighter snowfall.

We also have an X1100c with a blower and tracks mounted on it, that thing will probably do most of the blowing as its a beast and I can take my 4 year old son with me. He really got a kick out of blowing snow with dad last year!
I also own both a B3350 and a RTV-X1100C.

I did not know that tracks were available for the 1100C.

Any information and or photos would be appreciated.

SDT

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
sheepfarmer -

Thanks for the info, I will be getting one of those screens you are talking about as I intend to use the 3350 for blowing snow due to the extra power over the 2650, (66" blower I think is the one I got - bigger of the 2) I was aware of the issues with the 3350 before I purchased but the big wigs we met with from Kubota backed the machine up didn't try to sway me away from it so we will see. If I didn't need the extra power in a compact footprint I would have just got another 2650.
Fuse, I have a B2650 here in eastern North Dakota and had troubles getting it up to temperature in the colder winter months for both snow blowing and for installing a cab heater in my home made cab. I fabricated a full set (grill cover and side skirts) for it and they solved my operating in cold temps problem with the B2650. You can find my thread and pics of them in the fabrication forum....search B2650 Grill Cover. I've sold a few sets and the reviews have been quite positive. They should also fit your B3350 and at about half the cost of just the front cover from Kubota. But mine lack the plastic Kubota emblem. I have a few orders for this winter season already so I've started sewing up some new sets again to fill those orders and have a few extra on hand. If you'd be interested.....send me a pm or and email. We might even be close enough location wise that you could come take a look. Regards, David

Last edited by a moderator:

FUSE

Equipment
B3350-B2650-Z125s-KX008-Bobcat MT100-Case/Davis TF310
May 24, 2017
North Dakota
I also own both a B3350 and a RTV-X1100C.

I did not know that tracks were available for the 1100C.

Any information and or photos would be appreciated.

SDT
I will indeed post some pictures.

I got the tracks from www.sidebysidestuff.com I think they were around $5,000.....2 things I don't like with the tracks:
1) Its even slower (was to be expected, but still)
2) They interfere with the hydraulic hoses on the blower assembly (I had to carefully reroute them to keep the tracks from snagging on them)

FUSE

Equipment
B3350-B2650-Z125s-KX008-Bobcat MT100-Case/Davis TF310
May 24, 2017
North Dakota
sheepfarmer -

Fuse, I have a B2650 here in eastern North Dakota and had troubles getting it up to temperature in the colder winter months for both snow blowing and for installing a cab heater in my home made cab. I fabricated a full set (grill cover and side skirts) for it and they solved my operating in cold temps problem with the B2650. You can find my thread and pics of them in the fabrication forum....search B2650 Grill Cover. I've sold a few sets and the reviews have been quite positive. They should also fit your B3350 and at about half the cost of just the front cover from Kubota. But mine lack the plastic Kubota emblem. I have a few orders for this winter season already so I've started sewing up some new sets again to fill those orders and have a few extra on hand. If you'd be interested.....send me a pm or and email. We might even be close enough location wise that you could come take a look. Regards, David
Let me look at the 3350 and the 2650 side by side to see if there is anything different for the panels, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

bumper

Equipment
BX24, B3350 cab, w/front mount blower, BH77
Mar 8, 2011
Minden, Nevada
Purchased my B3350HSDC in Nov 2013, run it over 2100 and mostly over 2400, minimal idling, just warm up and turbo cool down. On starting, I leave glow plugs on until engine smooths. At 790 engine hours, regen is down to every 4 hours or less. Had new DPF installed w/sensors. They also checked valve adjustment. Over $5,000 parts and labor. The DPF was supposed to last 3,000 hours. Disgusting.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Purchased my B3350HSDC in Nov 2013, run it over 2100 and mostly over 2400, minimal idling, just warm up and turbo cool down. On starting, I leave glow plugs on until engine smooths. At 790 engine hours, regen is down to every 4 hours or less. Had new DPF installed w/sensors. They also checked valve adjustment. Over $5,000 parts and labor. The DPF was supposed to last 3,000 hours. Disgusting.
My experience and research has convinced me that the regen unreliability with the B3350 has not been (and cannot be) completely resolved by the field modifications (updates) made by Kubota.

I have been told that Kubota has washed their hands of the 3350 and is no longer investing time and effort in solutions.

The 3350 has now been replaced by the LX3310 and nothing further is planned for the 3350 aside from selling remaining inventory.

Owner issues within warranty are being addressed on an individual basis.

Shame on Kubota.

SDT

Sprad

Equipment
B3350
Oct 29, 2020
WV
My experience and research has convinced me that the regen unreliability with the B3350 has not been (and cannot be) completely resolved by the field modifications (updates) made by Kubota.

I have been told that Kubota has washed their hands of the 3350 and is no longer investing time and effort in solutions.

The 3350 has now been replaced by the LX3310 and nothing further is planned for the 3350 aside from selling remaining inventory.

Owner issues within warranty are being addressed on an individual basis.

Shame on Kubota.

SDT

Get an emulator and remove DPF filter. Substitute a straight pipe and you will have a capable machine again.

bumper

Equipment
BX24, B3350 cab, w/front mount blower, BH77
Mar 8, 2011
Minden, Nevada
Where would one get such?

SDT
That is the burning question for sure! A few years back, a mfg of "DPF Delete" kits for pickup trucks was hit with a $500K fine (IIRC). Immediately, the market availability for those went to zero. The B3350 market is tiny by comparison. Easy enough to make a bypass pipe, I have no ability to program the on-board computer to make it happy.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
That is the burning question for sure! A few years back, a mfg of "DPF Delete" kits for pickup trucks was hit with a $500K fine (IIRC). Immediately, the market availability for those went to zero. The B3350 market is tiny by comparison. Easy enough to make a bypass pipe, I have no ability to program the on-board computer to make it happy.
Bingo.

Small market, little money to be made, high risk.

Won't find one.

SDT

Last edited:

Sprad

Equipment
B3350
Oct 29, 2020
WV
You will not find a domestic maker of such a product but they are out there. Of course, there is risk in dealing with a foreign manufacturer in they may just take your money.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
You will not find a domestic maker of such a product but they are out there. Of course, there is risk in dealing with a foreign manufacturer in they may just take your money.
None available for B3350.

Market too small, risk too high, not enough money to be made.

SDT

Sprad

Equipment
B3350
Oct 29, 2020
WV
None available for B3350.

Market too small, risk too high, not enough money to be made.

SDT
Here is a claimed maker:

The 1505 is the 3350 engine. There is no risk to a company operating in Europe as far as government fines etc.. California hasn't got their claws in them (yet). This company claims to make the emulator. Trick is finding someone that has used them and was successful and didn't get ripped off.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Here is a claimed maker:

The 1505 is the 3350 engine. There is no risk to a company operating in Europe as far as government fines etc.. California hasn't got their claws in them (yet). This company claims to make the emulator. Trick is finding someone that has used them and was successful and didn't get ripped off.
Interesting.

I'll let someone else be the guinea pig.

SDT

87mark7lsc

Equipment
B3030
May 23, 2020
Buffalo, NY, USA
I have both a 2015 B3350 and a 2019 B2650. The 3350 is a great tractor when it works. It has 2000 hours on it now. It’s used year round mowing and snow blowing for a large complex, operating at 2500rpm for hours on end. Have had intermittent emissions issues ever since new and it’s not from how it is operated. Half the time it will do the parked regen and not clear the DPF. Or refuses to go into parked regen. Just got hauled off to the dealer with codes for the reformer.
Having to do a parked regen in a snowstorm when you need to open buildings up by a certain time really hurts productivity.

I refused to buy another and got a 2650. Definitely has less power in heavy grass mowing but I’m very happy with it. Being a commercial owner there’s a lot to be said about no downtime and less cost.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have both a 2015 B3350 and a 2019 B2650. The 3350 is a great tractor when it works. It has 2000 hours on it now. It’s used year round mowing and snow blowing for a large complex, operating at 2500rpm for hours on end. Have had intermittent emissions issues ever since new and it’s not from how it is operated. Half the time it will do the parked regen and not clear the DPF. Or refuses to go into parked regen. Just got hauled off to the dealer with codes for the reformer.
Having to do a parked regen in a snowstorm when you need to open buildings up by a certain time really hurts productivity.

I refused to buy another and got a 2650. Definitely has less power in heavy grass mowing but I’m very happy with it. Being a commercial owner there’s a lot to be said about no downtime and less cost.
New LX3310 has same HP as 3350 and with common rail engine as with all other DPF equipped Kubota engines should have no regen issues.

Still, considering problems experienced with B3350, including lack of use and loss of confidence, it would be hard to buy one.

Shame on Kubota.

SDT

87mark7lsc

Equipment
B3030
May 23, 2020
Buffalo, NY, USA
Hit 2000 hours on the B3350 the other day. Started beeping for a parked regen and wouldn’t burn off. Tried 5 times no luck. Dealer came out and scanned and got lots of codes. They took it back to the shop to replace the reformer. Figures 4 months out of warranty and Kubota refused to pay and wouldn’t go out of their way at all to help. Not happy that they built such a poor system. Finally got them to agree to cover the $2200 reformer. Just will owe $600 in labor. Meanwhile I’m down a tractor for weeks

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hit 2000 hours on the B3350 the other day. Started beeping for a parked regen and wouldn’t burn off. Tried 5 times no luck. Dealer came out and scanned and got lots of codes. They took it back to the shop to replace the reformer. Figures 4 months out of warranty and Kubota refused to pay and wouldn’t go out of their way at all to help. Not happy that they built such a poor system. Finally got them to agree to cover the $2200 reformer. Just will owe $600 in labor. Meanwhile I’m down a tractor for weeks
You are very fortunate.

I'm surprised that Kubota agreed to cover the cost of the reformer even though it too has been changed and should have been replaced years ago.

Is Kubota going to complete ALL of the other updates on your 3350 while it is in the shop?

SDT

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I really want to get me one of these with major issues so I can "fix" it.
That model of engine will run without a computer trying to control it. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

87mark7lsc

Equipment
B3030
May 23, 2020
Buffalo, NY, USA
I think they reflashed it’s PCM 2-3 years ago. What are the other recommendations on updates? From what I’ve read I’m still going to have problems in the future even with the updated reformer. I’m stuck with this tractor for another 8000 hours and 20 years unfortunately, that’s our general replacement cycle on a machine.

I’m very interested in North Idaho Wolfmans idea of modifying the system, I know they sell dpf delete kits. Just haven’t seen anyone overcome the computer successfully yet. Can’t exactly ask my employer to buy an emissions delete