Sprayers, Carry-Alls, Cultipacker?

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
Thought I’d combine a few questions into one post. Will be taking delivery of a B2601 in late August / early September but need to figure out a few things in the interim.

-Does anyone (i.e County Line, King Kutter etc) make a carry all frame that will fit the Landpride QH15 quick hitch?

-I need a sprayer. I understand the maintenance issues but am looking at the lower cost 25 gallon Fimco boomless ATV or the Fimco 3 point hitch sprayers. Any idea if the Fimco 3 point hitch sprayer is QH15 compatible? Open to another brand like Northstar from Northern tool if QH15 compatible. My other thought was just get the Fimco 25 gallon boomless ATV sprayer and just mount it on a carry all frame.

-Lastly, does anyone make a decent cultipacker that’s under $1000? Looking at the Packer Maxx ($650) which are not metal (fill with sand or water) and reviews seem decent for the most part. Need to cover seed for yard prep and foodplots. Just can’t justify $1500+ on the better ones at this point.

Appreciate any feedback!

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I think QH all follow the standard dimensions, and some implements are liberal with the specs. Scroll down to post #5 and make a measuring stick for future implement purchases

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
Thanks, from what I've read most "really complicated" quick hitch fixes / adaptions have to do with the top link. Hoping to find one of the lower cost Carry All frames that works out of the gates with the QH15 quick hitch or at least a Carry All frame where only bushings are required for the lower links.

Getting old and having a bad back STINKS :(

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Tom,
I'll weigh in on the cultipacker. It looks like you were looking at 4' wide draw bar tow model from Packer Max and not a 3pt based on the price mentioned. Not sure what tractor you have but 4' is quite narrow. If you can live with a draw bar model there are a ton of older used units available on Craigslist, the typical selling price is about $100 per foot of width. An older 5' or 6' wide Brillion is a very nice cultipacker with greasable bearings.

I'm not negative on the Packer Maxx but I think that the 4' wide model is more aimed at the UTV / ATV market or very small tractor.

Good luck with your search.

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
Yep, I was originally looking at the smaller 4' Packer Maxx as well as the smaller 25 gallon Fimco boomless sprayer both for use behind an ATV. Have work I need to do in late August / September and will ONLY have a B2601 on the property but NOT an ATV so need a quick fix. I'll have an ATV in the next year just need a quick fix to get some seed down for my yard and get food plots planted. Maybe just get the smaller 4' Packer Maxx, use it with the B2601 initially since I won't have an ATV for a while and then use it behind the ATV down the road. For the cost it seems the Packer Maxx units are decent. Will keep an eye out for a used Brillion. Looks like cultipackers aren't overly complicated implements so buying a used one is probably a safe investment.

Fimco makes a 3pt hitch sprayer for not much more $ than the ATV version just not sure if its quick hitch compatible. I know these lower cost Fimco sprayers aren't ideal. Sounds like they need thorough cleaning after use and lots of TLC to keep them from clogging and leaking.

Last edited:

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
I adapted my Country Line carry all to be quick hitch compatible and use a 15 or 25gal (can't remember) sprayer mounted on a wooden pedestal. I just back up under the sprayer with the carry all and connnect power. If you want a picture, i can send but, won't be home for another week.
Regards.

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
Ping, exactly what I was thinking about doing. No rush but would appreciate a picture and info about what had to be modified to the County Line Carry All to fit the quick hitch. That's the one I was looking at. Thanks!

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Just an idea for you that works well for our plots. I disk them, broadcast my seed usually oats and wheat. I then straighten blades on disk and run over in lightly to cover seeds. When I also broadcast clover I do this after covering the seed with the disk and let the rain pack it in.

Another option that I have used is spray your plot to kill it, broadcast seed then cut the plot to allow the grass to lay on top of seed, this too works nice.

Couple ideas that maybe you can use until you have the time to get what you really want.

Good luck Jay

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
3 or 5 car tires bolted together and a short piece of chain is cheap tough and will set your seed and save a great deal of money.

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Glad to help, I'll post some pics of how I've got mine set up. Probably won't be until Tuesday next week though.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
I have 7 lt truck tires (3 ahead of 4) all bolted together I pull in our pasture.. It knocks everything down, but it seems the better grasses spring back up quicker.. Most weeds tend to break..

I also put down perennial rye a time or two then pulled this over it to cover..
Different things will work in different areas..

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
I may just have employ some redneck ingenuity (drag a log, tires, something) to get a little dirt on top of the seed. Probably just going to buy the Fimco 25 Gallon ATV sprayer and attach it to a Carry All so I can use it on both the B2601 and also a ATV.

Another question. Is there a good trailer hitch assembly that will connect directly to the QH15 quick hitch or should I attach a trailer hitch ball directly to the draw bar. If I need to tow a utility trailer or move a boat looks like it would be nice to have something I could attach to the QH15 quick hitch.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I may just have employ some redneck ingenuity (drag a log, tires, something) to get a little dirt on top of the seed. Probably just going to buy the Fimco 25 Gallon ATV sprayer and attach it to a Carry All so I can use it on both the B2601 and also a ATV.

Another question. Is there a good trailer hitch assembly that will connect directly to the QH15 quick hitch or should I attach a trailer hitch ball directly to the draw bar. If I need to tow a utility trailer or move a boat looks like it would be nice to have something I could attach to the QH15 quick hitch.
Tom,
Another great option is a chain harrow to drag behind you, I use one behind my tractors and also ATV, they are very useful to smooth out ground that has been broken up or rough ploughed, can also be used to cover seed. Check out TSC or similar they are not very expensive.

sean600classic

Equipment
MX5200 stick, LA1065 loader, LP snowblower, Wallenstein FX90 skidder
Jul 22, 2020
Jamesville, NY
I have run a Fimco boom sprayer for about 6 years. 3 Pt hitch, 40 gallon tank and have had zero problems. After spraying add about 5 gallons of water and let it spray out, disconnect all the hoses and put it away until next year - never had a problem even in my cold climate. I use to have the smaller Fimco; running water through it and make sure all vapor is dry before winter always worked.

Check Facebook Marketplace for your cultipacker, you should easily find something within your 1K budget. Expand the mileage range so you get a better sample of prices.

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
I've looked at that one. Does the 40 gallon 3pt hitch sprayer fit a quick hitch?

LONGBOW42

Equipment
B2650, loader, mowing, seeding, rake, post hole digger, rear blade
May 19, 2020
Chadds Ford, Pa
The 3 pt Fimco does not have good reviews with many complaining of the design, which leaks frequently were the bolts mount. Check out the BXpanded website. They have a nice looking affordable 3 pt sprayer that has good reviews. I plan to but that one.

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
You take $360 for the Brillion it and deliver to western KY :) ?? Double your money! From reading a lot of the reviews of the Fimco or other similar priced sprayers I'm starting to wonder how many of the problems are from not cleaning after use. Seems as though the people that take care of them after use are happy for the most part. Guess I'll find out!

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
TomRC,
I modified my TSC carry all to be compatible with my RK quick hitch. Moved the lower pins closer to the tractor along with the top mount. I also, lowered the bottom pins so i could get a little more lift when on the back of the tractor. Also, added some details down near the bottom which allow me to mount on the loader end. 25gallon sprayer mounted on 2x6 box with 2x4 deck. Power runs back to the battery terminals with switch next to 3pt lever. Tie down straps (not shown) to hold everything in place is gravity decides to take the day off. The reason I moved my attachment points closer to the tractor is I plan to build a box for the carryall whenever I get caught up on Her Majesty's list. Let me know if you have any questions.
Regards
IMG_2546copy.jpg
IMG_2544copy.jpg