Picture of your tractor on your trailer

tawood

Equipment
L2501
Apr 18, 2020
Lapeer, MI
Word of warning:

This picture was taken about 10 minutes before I almost bit it! I got in a hurry, and loaded my L2501 about 10 inches back from being all the way forward. With weighted tires, and the heavy 60" rototiller, I got too much weight too far back. When I got on the state road doing 50 mph, it started fish tailing out of control. Luckily, I was able to bring it back behind the truck by locking up the trailer tires with the brake controller. I pulled off the road, moved the tractor up, and then it towed fine. I GOTTA MAKE SURE TO GET THAT WEIGHT ON MY HITCH!

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Too bad this site is such a PITA to load pictures on. And yes, I know about the pic shrinking free sites, maybe I'm just lazy but they too are a PITA.

So anyway, turns out my trailer made expressly for my U 25 mini X, works great for the L3301 also. There is no deck, in an attempt to keep the weight down as much as possible, just a bare frame with enough structure there to give the tracks/wheels enough to ride on. This is the second trailer I built this way, and one unexpected advantage is you can tie anything down, anywhere, as a solid deck is not in the way. Living on a mountainside, where I pull a 1200' slope every day, and being a light plane pilot, keeping the weight down just comes natural to me. I also just recently found out the X's trailer is just about perfect for hauling my Toyota RAV4, who knew (not me.) Turns out, not having that solid deck, makes for a pretty versatile trailer, mainly because of all the tie down opportunities with everything exposed, and their light weight relative to their capacity.

Hake

Jan 7, 2017
Ky
Word of warning:

This picture was taken about 10 minutes before I almost bit it! I got in a hurry, and loaded my L2501 about 10 inches back from being all the way forward. With weighted tires, and the heavy 60" rototiller, I got too much weight too far back. When I got on the state road doing 50 mph, it started fish tailing out of control. Luckily, I was able to bring it back behind the truck by locking up the trailer tires with the brake controller. I pulled off the road, moved the tractor up, and then it towed fine. I GOTTA MAKE SURE TO GET THAT WEIGHT ON MY HITCH!

Yikes! That looks and sounds like a lot of weight for a 7k lb trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angelo c

Equipment
Couple a wheel barrows, shovels and beer
Dec 23, 2019
Neshanic NJ
There's 2 examples of my B2650 variously rigged, on a PJ Trailers 18 ft car hauler. 7K dual brakes. If anything I would upgrade to hinged ramps instead of the storage slots at the back. But all in all, its a great trailer, got for a very reasonable price new, and hauls behind my '06 Tacoma 4x4 just fine.
if you don't mind me asking, why the "hinged" ramps instead of hidden. I'm looking at trailers for my 3901 and dually rig currently. Had the "hinged" previously and didn't like the banging around of them . Do make backing up a breeze though

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
if you don't mind me asking, why the "hinged" ramps instead of hidden. I'm looking at trailers for my 3901 and dually rig currently. Had the "hinged" previously and didn't like the banging around of them . Do make backing up a breeze though
My right shoulder rotator cuff is in bad shape. It makes removing, installing, and putting away those ramps quite difficult.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The only problem I’ve run into with “open” trailers (un-decked/unfloored) is that they allow debris from the roadway to strike the freight and damage it. I’ve got an excellent example sitting in my garage, a pock-marked, sand-blasted paint job on what used to be a great-looking antique motorcycle. It was hauled on ordinary paved roads/hwys and I never imagined how much grit and gravel is thrown up from the TV wheels.

angelo c

Equipment
Couple a wheel barrows, shovels and beer
Dec 23, 2019
Neshanic NJ
My right shoulder rotator cuff is in bad shape. It makes removing, installing, and putting away those ramps quite difficult.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Thanks, I've always thought lifting and "sliding" the hinged ones to be a bear as well. Pick yer poison fer sure...
Tilt decks for e'ry one !!!!

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
13’ trailer is too short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I don't understand how you folks are able to post pictures. ???
All I get is ''upload fail.''

Greybeard

Equipment
L2501,
Apr 26, 2020
Forsyth, Ga
No pics yet but just picked up a 6-1/2’ x 16’ double axle trailer to replace my 6’ x 12’ single axle trailer. Just didn’t feel safe putting my L2501 on the single axle

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
2011 BX25D, Bro-Tek Skid Plates, Bxpanded Tooth Bar & Toolbox, LED Headlights
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
BX 25
7' X 14' trailer
I wish the trailer was longer, but I was concerned about the total weight and decided the shorter trailer was the way to go. I only tow the BX 25 to my recreational property which is about 25 minutes away on paved secondary roads. Trailer brakes on both axles, 7000 pound rating. It tows nicely, slightly under powered going up steep hills.

IMG_20190711_200322180 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

• Wow

KbotaL185DT

Equipment
Kubota L185DT (sold),Kubota B7800, LA402, 5 foot Bush Hog Squealer
May 29, 2020
Rangeley, Maine
Early 80's Kubota L185DT with a 48" Woods bush hog on a 79 home built trailer. It's 20' long with fold up ramps. I would do a 20' car hauler with pocket's and slide in ramps in case I need an attachment over hang the rear. The pockets you could use to build a removable rail if needed.I would and plan to do rear jacks for support as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
BX 25
7' X 14' trailer
I wish the trailer was longer, but I was concerned about the total weight and decided the shorter trailer was the way to go. I only tow the BX 25 to my recreational property which is about 25 minutes away on paved secondary roads. Trailer brakes on both axles, 7000 pound rating. It tows nicely, slightly under powered going up steep hills.

IMG_20190711_200322180 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr
Your jeep is only rated to tow 2000lbs (trailer and load combined). Your BX25D is near 3000lbs and the trailer around 1000lbs. :eek: I like your jeep and your tractor, tho.

Last edited:

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
2011 BX25D, Bro-Tek Skid Plates, Bxpanded Tooth Bar & Toolbox, LED Headlights
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
Yeah, I know.
BX 25 and trailer rig weighs ~ 4700 pounds.
Jeep has HD Dana 44 axles front & rear.
4.10 axle ratios.
Stick shift.
HD cooling package.
(Rubicon)
Not optimal, but does the job nicely without complaining.

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Yeah, I know.
BX 25 and trailer rig weighs ~ 4700 pounds.
Jeep has HD Dana 40 axles front & rear.
4.10 axle ratios.
Stick shift.
HD cooling package.
(Rubicon)
Not optimal, but does the job nicely without complaining.
I was looking at how you ran the chain across the back over the backhoe. Not familiar with the bx, but when I tow mine with the back hoe on I run the chain under the hoe and through the drawbar receiver on the tractor. Hate to see you damage the control tower on the hoe the way yours looks. Just a thought.