Picture of your tractor on your trailer

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Early 80's Kubota L185DT with a 48" Woods bush hog on a 79 home built trailer. It's 20' long with fold up ramps. I would do a 20' car hauler with pocket's and slide in ramps in case I need an attachment over hang the rear. The pockets you could use to build a removable rail if needed.I would and plan to do rear jacks for support as well.
I like the idea of spring assisted tilt ramps with a slide in option if rear overhang needed. My 18' PJ beavertail has the pockets for removable sides. I use them with the "flat plate with a hook" style ends on my straps. Push them up through the pockets hook facing out to securely latch.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
2011 BX25D, Bro-Tek Skid Plates, Bxpanded Tooth Bar & Toolbox, LED Headlights
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
I was looking at how you ran the chain across the back over the backhoe. Not familiar with the bx, but when I tow mine with the back hoe on I run the chain under the hoe and through the drawbar receiver on the tractor. Hate to see you damage the control tower on the hoe the way yours looks. Just a thought.
Fordtech86,
The rear tie down chain is deceiving in my picture. It does not touch the backhoe control tower with my modification.

On a BX, the drawbar is almost inaccessible with the backhoe installed.

The backhoe frame top plate is the most substantial piece of steel on the rear of the machine.

Go to this page, Post #21, where I have some photos of what I did.
I have no idea what those holes are for on the backhoe frame, but they are factory. And the new BX 23S models don't have them.

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40510&page=3

tawood

Equipment
L2501
Apr 18, 2020
Lapeer, MI
Yikes! That looks and sounds like a lot of weight for a 7k lb trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it is! I'm under the gross for the trailer, by about 600 lbs (that's including the 1100 lbs trailer weight too). It tows great though, and I usually tow with just a blade or a mower without the FEL, so with the tiller and FEL I'm at my heaviest. When I started adding up the pounds, I broke out in a sweat as I was worried I would be over gross, but I'm not, (with a 600 lbs cushion).

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I finally got my NEW deckover trailer to haul my L3560HSTC with the BH92 attached. After spending $200 for the dealer to pick up my tractor to service the BH that had 2 leaks, one of which was the hydraulic thumb valve. My old trailer was too short and too narrow after I added the wheel spacers. I just have to get used to all things new.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
I like Deck Over trailers cuz the deck is bigger(wider) and no fenders in the way. Are both sets of straps pulling toward the back? If so, things could loosen u if you hit a strong bump. The only thing keeping the tractor in place is the drivetrain in gear and parking brake and its traction on the deck. One set should pull forward and one set back. Could be especially bad if the deck is wet and slippery.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I like Deck Over trailers cuz the deck is bigger(wider) and no fenders in the way. Are both sets of straps pulling toward the back? If so, things could loosen u if you hit a strong bump. The only thing keeping the tractor in place is the drivetrain in gear and parking brake and its traction on the deck. One set should pull forward and one set back. Could be especially bad if the deck is wet and slippery.
I hate the straps, I'm getting chains and binders to secure much better. The straps were fine when I had smaller tractors but not so much now with the larger machine. I always try to set the straps forward to the rear and rear to the front. This trailer is new to me and I'm still on the learning curve on the set up.

Teknys

Equipment
M5660, LA1154SU, Brush Hog, Rear Blade w/Hyd, Forks
Apr 25, 2020
Lewiston, IDAHO
1st Trip. Just picked my M5660 up from dealer and heading to new property. Trip went well. Used straps in a Dump Trailer. Sorry for blurry image.
M5660 - Truck.JPG

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Last edited:
  • Haha

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Here’s a shot of the new to me B1700 I picked up last weekend. It’s on a Karavan 6x10 trailer with a drop down gate. Handles the 1700 well. Did not have enough length to leave the back blade on and have the rear gate close. The gate handled the weight of the tractor without any issues. This trailer won’t handle my B3200 with or without loader due to length. I’d need to get a longer trailer, dual axle and with brakes if I was gonna haul it around.
CDB6A864-E2D4-46CB-A1A8-7A48166262DE.jpeg
AC264349-9A7C-4FBC-A2A9-4A68BAC2F0BE.jpeg
7C047948-A151-43DA-9E84-FADB48B54CC1.jpeg

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Those fold down side rails are a useful ideal.
They do come in handy when loading with a fork lift or getting the FEL right up to the edge to help offload material.

Reactions: 1 users

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
The B26 is listed at 4000Lbs. The Cat 262d is listed at 8000 lbs. The trailer is near 5000 lbs. Total 17,000 on a tandem axle single wheel is a lot of weight. I am not saying it is illegal but that must be near the max of the trailer. The single wheeled pickup must also be near its max. It was an observation not a criticism.

The only thing wrong looking at the one picture is the lack of straps across the buckets. The DOT can write you up for not securing the arms of both the loaders. I know it does not make sense but it is in the regulations that they must be secured.

Reactions: 1 users

gened14

Equipment
Kubota B26 TLB, ZD 1211, ZG23, Allis Chalmers D17 series IV, Allis Chalmers 170
Jul 7, 2014
Tennessee
The B26 is listed at 4000Lbs. The Cat 262d is listed at 8000 lbs. The trailer is near 5000 lbs. Total 17,000 on a tandem axle single wheel is a lot of weight. I am not saying it is illegal but that must be near the max of the trailer. The single wheeled pickup must also be near its max. It was an observation not a criticism.

The only thing wrong looking at the one picture is the lack of straps across the buckets. The DOT can write you up for not securing the arms of both the loaders. I know it does not make sense but it is in the regulations that they must be secured.
The trailer is rated for 20K. That's why I bought it.
The load is heavy for the truck. We wanted to see if it was capable of pulling up a steep grade near our place. It has undergone some recent mods to the engine.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
The trailer is rated for 20K. That's why I bought it.
The load is heavy for the truck. We wanted to see if it was capable of pulling up a steep grade near our place. It has undergone some recent mods to the engine.
What is the make and model of the trailer? I want to up grade mine. I have never seen a single tire trailer rated that high. What brand of tires are you running? Have you had it long enough to say the tires hold up well. I had to go to Hercules 901s 14 ply to get any amount of mileage as the 10 ply tires will not tolerate the heat in the summer.