Let it snow!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
We got 2-3 inches of stuff that is too thick to drink and too thin to plow...or was that the Missouri River? Now raining, gambling that most of it will go away by itself? Could be sorry, revised forecast is cooler than it was when I got up. :(

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Not much snow here this year, more in the mountains but still not much. What ever we got in the beginning of the season melted away from warmer weather. It's been bitterly cold but it's supposed to warm up for a few days. It got over freezing today so I was able to wash all that damn salt off my new truck. I wish they would stop spreading so much of it.

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
We had about 4" of heavy, wet snow overnight. I took a break from working at home about 7:30 this morning and plowed the driveway. I noticed a neighbor down the street, who has had heart problems, hand shoveling. I drove down there and plowed out his drive. As I'm finishing, he says that Bill across from him just had shoulder surgery and his wife is out shoveling. I plowed out their drive. Then she tells me about their neighbor, who just had heart surgery and they need to go out today. So I plowed out their driveway. On the way home, I plowed out the snowplow walls at the end of the driveways of 3 other neighbors. I didn't mind missing that morning conference call after all.

After lunch, one of the neighbors I plowed out stopped by with a custom made thank-you card from the three couples with some cash he insisted I take. The cover of the card is kinda appropriate, except for the tractor color.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
We had about 4" of heavy, wet snow overnight. I took a break from working at home about 7:30 this morning and plowed the driveway. I noticed a neighbor down the street, who has had heart problems, hand shoveling. I drove down there and plowed out his drive. As I'm finishing, he says that Bill across from him just had shoulder surgery and his wife is out shoveling. I plowed out their drive. Then she tells me about their neighbor, who just had heart surgery and they need to go out today. So I plowed out their driveway. On the way home, I plowed out the snowplow walls at the end of the driveways of 3 other neighbors. I didn't mind missing that morning conference call after all.

After lunch, one of the neighbors I plowed out stopped by with a custom made thank-you card from the three couples with some cash he insisted I take. The cover of the card is kinda appropriate, except for the tractor color.

Good on you my friend and what goes around comes around and also there's nothing quite that good feeling you get deep down when you help someone in need.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Well done sir! Always good to stockpile that good karma!
Because of some family health problems (FIL) we have been stuck in town since June, so no snow plowing for me.:(
I'm considering driving up for the day, picking up the tractor, and bringing it home, just so I can get reacquainted.
I have a couple 18"-20" fan palm stumps in a block planter I can dig out.... yeah, that's the ticket!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Winter wonderland, or can you find the buick!
Yes there is a full size car in there!

Well the A/C is just chilling in the yard!
The yard is 3 plus feet and the berms are 6 foot plus and if we get anymore snow It's going to get tricky finding places for it all. ;)

Attachments

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Winter wonderland, or can you find the buick!
Yes there is a full size car in there!

Well the A/C is just chilling in the yard!
The yard is 3 plus feet and the berms are 6 foot plus and if we get anymore snow It's going to get tricky finding places for it all. ;)

And THAT is why those of us who frequently get lots of snow prefer the use of snowblowers to plows. Giant snow piles are a PITA. We had lots of wind last night so I set the discharge chute deflector up high and let the wind carry the snow a few hundred feet away. No snow piles. No hidden cars. Oh, a heated cab is a WONDERFUL thing on such a cold, windy night!

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
What is all that white stuff ya'll have all over the place [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
And THAT is why those of us who frequently get lots of snow prefer the use of snowblowers to plows. Giant snow piles are a PITA.
I totally agree, I love using my blower over the plow!
I thought I had it beat this year as I took the three point blower and put it on the bobcat, turns out the Hydraulic pump output was a little shy of what it needed to be to work properly.
Next year I'll have it licked!
One of the main problems this year was the temps, winds and snow consistency all added up to not liking to be blown, I also do about a 1/2 a mile of private road, a mile of driveway for 2 neighbors and then my driveway is 1/4 mile off the private road.

Last edited:

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Sizing hydraulics when it comes to pumps and motors seems to be quite a challenge. I feel your pain.

Now I'll heap on a bunch of insult to add to the injury... Did I mention how well my little B7510 does with the front mount blower? Did I mention that I often have to take my coat off because the cab gets so toasting and warm? :)

The tractor etc is an early retirement gift from my wife. Not my retirement, HER retirement. I'm still not sure how she figures I should get a gift when she retires, but I'm not saying no to an offer like that!

I do hope you get your skidsteer/blower sorted out as I'm sure you'll find that combination to be far more comfy than a 3pt hitch blower.

Speaking of which, in another couple of hours I'm off to the airport to spend likely 3 hours blowing snow with the 3pt hitch Meteor blower on the B7200. I'm a very lucky man to have two of these orange critters!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Now I'll heap on a bunch of insult to add to the injury... Did I mention how well my little B7510 does with the front mount blower? Did I mention that I often have to take my coat off because the cab gets so toasting and warm? :)
Speaking of which, in another couple of hours I'm off to the airport to spend likely 3 hours blowing snow with the 3pt hitch Meteor blower on the B7200.
I hope the wind shifts on you and you get powdered on the B7200, that will smug you right up!!!! :p:p:p :eek::eek::eek: :D:D:D: