Zero turn lawnmower down

Jerry Tyler

Equipment
Mowing,bush hogging, loading, grading, gardening.
May 14, 2018
Deville
OK guys I need some help and advice I own a 2010 Kubota Zero turn model ZD 321 or 323 ,326 331 note this is on the owners maneul.
The problem is I was mowing everything going good . Going to shut mower off and it would not shut off with key so I open rear engine cover and pulled the fuel shut off lever
So I tried to restart it and everything lights up on side control panel but starter won't in gauge. ..I have checked all fuses and looked over all wiring connections and wring don't find any broken wires are shorts PLEASE!! If any one has any suggestions are advice on what to check I am capable to test are check out ...I have a mechanic background I workedand owned my own shop for 20 years back in the 70s 80s 90s I don't havea shop manual for this mower now ...will be ordering one soon .... ps I also have check all safety switches and all ohm out good....

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
based on what you are saying...... the switch itself may be the culprit

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Try operating all interlocks while trying to start (bars, seat, brake, pto). Also there is a catastrophic 50a fuse near the starter to check, but I believe the solenoid would still click (?).
As mentioned in a previous post, a bad ignition switch or connections (including ground) could be responsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zd user

Equipment
zd-18 b7100hst
Jun 10, 2016
newtown pa
HI I have a zd 326 60 pro if you look you can find online for free a shop manual pdf file .but it sounds as though fuel shut off solenoid is stuck (frozen) try to remove it and see if plunger pulls in ond out I think it is energized to run and spring return to shut off .just unloaded a zd 18 shit hydro motor went bad only wanted to make left turns great motor bad hydro design by the way your mower shuold have un both fenders decals telling what mower you have

Jerry Tyler

Equipment
Mowing,bush hogging, loading, grading, gardening.
May 14, 2018
Deville
Fuel stop solenoid doesn't have fire going to it and after applying fire to the wires it works fine.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
& you checked all the start/stop switches?

when they get manually shut off the hard way cause they wont turn off.. & then you cant get it to start..

the problem is usually the same coming & going.

ignition switch or relay.

just by chance... unhook the battery, do the old 10 second wait & see then hook it up & try again.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Grab a wiring diagram and learn to read it. Then check your switches, one by one. If all ok-check the wiring's integrity. Then check to see if juice is making it to your starter solenoid trigger wire. None? If all switches are verified "good" (working properly) and wiring is not compromised, oh and if the battery is verified "good", then the OPC controller is likely the culprit. But this is rare, so check the rest of the components FIRST.

Common issues I see with them relating to a no-crank situation: Failed brake switch. Failed PTO switch. Dirt/debris behind the PTO lever causing it to not push the pto switch plunger in. Starter failures (lots of them lately for some reason). Old wiring builds up resistance/low voltage at the starter trigger wire. 2 failed dynamo's last week (haven't replaced 2 dynamo's in the 25 years prior...weird)-resulting in a dead battery after running for a while. 2 failed engines due to overheat within the last 2 months.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
OK guys I need some help and advice I own a 2010 Kubota Zero turn model ZD 321 or 323 ,326 331 note this is on the owners maneul.
The problem is I was mowing everything going good . Going to shut mower off and it would not shut off with key so I open rear engine cover and pulled the fuel shut off lever
So I tried to restart it and everything lights up on side control panel but starter won't in gauge. ..I have checked all fuses and looked over all wiring connections and wring don't find any broken wires are shorts PLEASE!! If any one has any suggestions are advice on what to check I am capable to test are check out ...I have a mechanic background I workedand owned my own shop for 20 years back in the 70s 80s 90s I don't havea shop manual for this mower now ...will be ordering one soon .... ps I also have check all safety switches and all ohm out good....
Here is the trouble shooting part

Attachments