Z- Cadillac

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
I guess a Ferris IS 6200 is not on your shopping list either. MSRP for the 72" 48HP Cat turbo-diesel ZTR starts at a biscuit under $38K.

If you are willing to give up some HP you could save a few bucks by sticking with Toro. The 7500-D with 25HP Yanmar diesel and 72" deck is only $32K.

You can get an even better deal with promotional pricing on their new 44HP, 144" cut model. Pre-order one today for only $84K - thats $10K off MSRP!!!

Dan
Look if I bought a mower for 84k it better **** me while I cut the grass. Because I sure as hell better get something more than a nice yard for how hard the salesman did it to me before he handed me the keys.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Look if I bought a mower for 84k it better **** me while I cut the grass. Because I sure as hell better get something more than a nice yard for how hard the salesman did it to me before he handed me the keys.
Don't go buying a new truck, you'll just stroke out before you get off the lot!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ummmm. These are not Harry Homeowner yard mowing machines. Do you really not understand the market these machines are targeting?

Dan

Dan

will721

Equipment
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
Don't go buying a new truck, you'll just stroke out before you get off the lot!
I have been on the lots pricing around. While those prices have really inflated too, you know what shares the same 84k msrp? A 700hp ram TRX. Sure it may not cut the grass as nice, but atleast it has A/C for that price.

will721

Equipment
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
Ummmm. These are not Harry Homeowner yard mowing machines. Do you really not understand the market these machines are targeting?

Dan

Dan
Apparently not because I have a few friends in commercial landscaping and none of them spend that kind of money on one machine. Actually they all use the same strategy of buying cheaper JD machines and replacing the fleet every 2 years before the resale drops.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have been on the lots pricing around. While those prices have really inflated too, you know what shares the same 84k msrp? A 700hp ram TRX. Sure it may not cut the grass as nice, but atleast it has A/C for that price.
Because yes spending 85K+ on a truck that get 10MPG makes super sense! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO: 🤪

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Apparently not because I have a few friends in commercial landscaping and none of them spend that kind of money on one machine. Actually they all use the same strategy of buying cheaper JD machines and replacing the fleet every 2 years before the resale drops.
There is commercial and there's commercial. Ever consider what golf courses pay for a mower and how long they keep them? A fully tricked out 133" Jacobsen rough mower is close to $150K. If you are lucky and pour a lot of money into maintenance it might last 8-10 years A high dollar course might need half a dozen of them.

In that environment a $40K ZTR starts to resemble a cheap disposable lawn mower.

Dan

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
In my part of the world if you wanted to mow like that, you'd get one of these gang mowers: https://www.nzmowers.co.nz/hydra7-7-gang/

It doesn't have to make sense. You can look at a Porsche or a Ferrari and say "you could buy 10 Toyota Corollas for that money." And if that's the way you look at it, then you're clearly not the target audience.

If, however, you're the guy with a Porsche, a Ferrari, and a BMW for a daily driver, plus a tricked out Ram for "yard duties", and you like telling your neighbours "sure, I mow my own lawns, what, do I look like a rich prick?", this is totally the machine you'd buy. Because why not?

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I think that TEMU is wasting its money advertising on this site where people are talking about Porsche, a Ferrari, and a BMW for a daily driver,

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I think that TEMU is wasting its money advertising on this site where people are talking about Porsche, a Ferrari, and a BMW for a daily driver,
You might be surprised at the financials of some of the people here. People who spend time on tractor forums are (in my opinion) often people who have a tractor as a hobby, not people who have a tractor to make money. People who use tractors to make money are mostly out using them to make money. People who play with their tractors for fun are reading about them on the internet. A tractor isn't a cheap hobby...it's probably cheaper than having multiple wives (over time or at the same time), or drugs, or boats, or even golf. But it's still not a poor man's hobby.

Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
You might be surprised at the financials of some of the people here. People who spend time on tractor forums are (in my opinion) often people who have a tractor as a hobby, not people who have a tractor to make money. People who use tractors to make money are mostly out using them to make money. People who play with their tractors for fun are reading about them on the internet. A tractor isn't a cheap hobby...it's probably cheaper than having multiple wives (over time or at the same time), or drugs, or boats, or even golf. But it's still not a poor man's hobby.
In most parts of the world including yours golf courses will be mowing fairways with this sort of machine, putting greens and fringes with a smaller and more precision cut version, and roughs with the rotary version I posted earlier. Watch the video of this Jacobsen fairway mower and how it maneuvers and cuts to see why.

BTW - Jacobsen uses Kubota motors so its still orange inside 😇

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
In my part of the world if you wanted to mow like that, you'd get one of these gang mowers: https://www.nzmowers.co.nz/hydra7-7-gang/

It doesn't have to make sense. You can look at a Porsche or a Ferrari and say "you could buy 10 Toyota Corollas for that money." And if that's the way you look at it, then you're clearly not the target audience.

If, however, you're the guy with a Porsche, a Ferrari, and a BMW for a daily driver, plus a tricked out Ram for "yard duties", and you like telling your neighbours "sure, I mow my own lawns, what, do I look like a rich prick?", this is totally the machine you'd buy. Because why not?
Here is an "economy" turf mower blast from the past.

This Worthington (Jacobsen) G10 and ground driven 5 gang reel mower was state of the art when my Kountry capital K) Klub purchased it new in 1958. It was used to mow fairways and rough.

The picture of Ronnie and the mower was taken in 2022 as he took a shade break while my group played up the 2nd hole. They still use the thing as a rough mower but driving over the turf ahead of the cutters does not lend itself to a good cut quality even in the rough and the membership is losing patience.

Back then Worthington Jacobsen was using Ford gasoline tractor engines so no Kubota diesel in that one...

Dan

1652998468989.png

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re:

gee I don't get ads here...use AP

I also don't have a Porsche,Ferrari or BMW as a daily driver..none can carry 1/2t of 'pony pucks' like my F150 does .